Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Monster just bit me in the...
issues 09:37 AM 01-29-2010
@$$!!!

I just couldn't pass up the San Cristobal Fabuloso deal this morning and put even more cigars on my credit card!

I'm probably going to have to hide the plastic for a while...
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:47 AM 01-29-2010
Good luck with that!!!:-)
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 09:49 AM 01-29-2010
Damn... missed it.

AF Short Stories right now.
[Reply]
captain53 09:51 AM 01-29-2010
I got 2 days to go toward making it 2 months without buying a cigar!!!! Just absolutely no room for another one without further storage expansion is my reason.

Good Question would be: Why do we buy so many more cigars than we smoke? I think it is sort of the "Thrill Of The Hunt" maybe.:-)
[Reply]
srduggins 10:00 AM 01-29-2010
I know the feeling. I'm a sucker for deals and limited releases. I just picked up some Viaje Holiday Blend, Exclusivo (thank God is wasn't a whole jar), Illusione eccj, EPC not to mention the Cubao deal last week. Come to think of it. I'm all out of short stories at the moment .... What? No free shipping on this! forget it.

Originally Posted by captain53:
I got 2 days to go toward making it 2 months without buying a cigar!!!! Just absolutely no room for another one without further storage expansion is my reason.

Good Question would be: Why do we buy so many more cigars than we smoke? I think it is sort of the "Thrill Of The Hunt" maybe.:-)
I'm definitely in for the thrill of the hunt.
We're trying to have our cake and eat it too, or rather, eat our cake and have it too.
[Reply]
brigey57 10:09 AM 01-29-2010
Sounds like you bought yourself a sweet deal!:-)
[Reply]
issues 10:11 AM 01-29-2010
Well before and during the holidays the box section of my humidor went dry.

I knew I had to refill it but not as quickly as I have!

Ah well, at least I have my tax return on the way to help ease the pain. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:13 AM 01-29-2010
Originally Posted by issues:
Well before and during the holidays the box section of my humidor went dry.

I knew I had to refill it but not as quickly as I have!

Ah well, at least I have my tax return on the way to help ease the pain. :-)
That's just sad!!!:-)
[Reply]
issues 10:15 AM 01-29-2010
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
That's just sad!!!:-)
Oh it looks quite a bit better now...

I will have to take another picture when the SCs get here. :-)
[Reply]
captain53 10:19 AM 01-29-2010

What a fool, bragging and 10 minutes later fell off the wagon and landed right on my head! After posting this I went to the CI site and found a Padilla Deal on one of my absolute favorites and bought 20 of them, Jeez What A Sucker but it was one hell of a deal!!!!!!!! I think I need professional help, also got to go the the tupperware store i guess for something to put them in.:-)
[Reply]
issues 10:28 AM 01-29-2010
What a fool, bragging and 10 minutes later fell off the wagon and landed right on my head! After posting this I went to the CI site and found a Padilla Deal on one of my absolute favorites and bought 20 of them, Jeez What A Sucker but it was one hell of a deal!!!!!!!! I think I need professional help, also got to go the the tupperware store i guess for something to put them in.:-)
:-)

I think your "thrill of the hunt" theory might be right on the money!

But at the same time, how many times has your wife or girlfriend come home with a bag of stuff they don't need and when you ask them why they bought it they say, "it was on sale"!

I guess from now on I will never ask why...
[Reply]
ChasDen 01:59 PM 01-29-2010

Guess its time for expansion then :-) :-) :-)

Chas
[Reply]
njstone 02:31 PM 01-29-2010
This is why I don't even check the specials these days. It's hard to stick to a no-buying pledge when you still check the deals every day!
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:33 PM 01-29-2010
@$$!!!

I just couldn't pass up the San Cristobal Fabuloso deal this morning and put even more cigars on my credit card!

It's all your fault! If I had not read your post this morning I would not have gone to the site and purchased those Hemingway Short Story's! Can't wait until they get here! :-)
[Reply]
captain53 02:34 PM 01-29-2010
Originally Posted by ChasDen:
Guess its time for expansion then :-) :-) :-)

Chas
It is your fault, while I was waiting on the drawers I had nothing better to pass the time so I just bought cigars to make sure they would be full! on arrival.
[Reply]
MikeyC 04:33 PM 01-29-2010
@$$!!!

Awww man! This is a great cigar. What were they charging?
[Reply]
captain53 04:39 PM 01-29-2010
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
If they did not sell out you can go to the Monster Mash tonight at 12:00 ET and pick them up again.
[Reply]
captain53 06:06 PM 01-29-2010
If they did not sell out you can go to the Monster Mash tonight at 12:00 ET and pick them up again.
Excuse my error the Mash is from 11:00 pm to 12:00 am ET if you want another chance at the San Cristobal Fabuloso provided they did not sell out.
[Reply]
mcmoyer 09:31 PM 01-29-2010
Originally Posted by njstone:
This is why I don't even check the specials these days. It's hard to stick to a no-buying pledge when you still check the deals every day!
What a concept! I may have to give it a try...another thing that gets me is reading reviews amd WTS here.

:-)
[Reply]
issues 09:43 PM 01-29-2010
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
139.98 with no shipping charges.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up