Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Now I'm PISSED !
stitch 05:48 PM 01-03-2010
Ok, I’m not one to piss and whine about life … Usually I just suck it up, Adapt, Innovate and Overcome..... But
My Wife got laid off from her job at the lodge back in September, Then of course I had some problems.
We did everything we could to get by including Wifey baby sittin for a bunch of kids …
So … The lodge calls and asks if she will come back (She’s damn good at what she does)
She goes back … TEN days later they let her go again because they are gonna shut dowm!
Now Damn it I’ve been in business for 20 years and by God I know if my operation will last over 10 days or not !
Now we’re back to square one … And jobs are hard to come by up here right now,
All the kids she was watching now have other day care providers and she’s just screwed.
Are Business people really that out of touch with their own operations these days ????
Ok … Rant over …. I won’t complain about it any more !
[Reply]
RIsmoker 05:50 PM 01-03-2010
You have every right to complain, your a much better man then me for only complaining about it, I'd go right into the business and cause all Hell.
[Reply]
G G 05:53 PM 01-03-2010
I am sorry to hear about that my friend. Sadly I think they prolly knew, and just really don't care. I get the feeling that lots of business owners and managers just really worry about the bottom line and don't care about the guys like us.
[Reply]
dragon0708 05:54 PM 01-03-2010
Now that isn't right at all. They should have known and not bothered to ask your wife. Sorry to hear that. I hope everything turns out for you and your wife.
[Reply]
wavescrashing 05:56 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by stitch:
Ok, I’m not one to piss and whine about life … Usually I just suck it up, Adapt, Innovate and Overcome..... But
My Wife got laid off from her job at the lodge back in September, Then of course I had some problems.
We did everything we could to get by including Wifey baby sittin for a bunch of kids …
So … The lodge calls and asks if she will come back (She’s damn good at what she does)
She goes back … TEN days later they let her go again because they are gonna shut dowm!
Now Damn it I’ve been in business for 20 years and by God I know if my operation will last over 10 days or not !
Now we’re back to square one … And jobs are hard to come by up here right now,
All the kids she was watching now have other day care providers and she’s just screwed.
Are Business people really that out of touch with their own operations these days ????
Ok … Rant over …. I won’t complain about it any more !
Hell, i'm sorry to hear that. That's not only unprofessional, but does speak volumes of how they treat people (customers and employees). You guys will be in my thoughts brother.
[Reply]
markem 05:57 PM 01-03-2010
Sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope that you are both able to find work soon.

I know of several businesses in the past year that were "assured" that their business loans were ready to sign and called back employees only to get "so sorry" from the lenders and have to close the doors. Far too common recently. Could be what happened or not, but it screws over your family either way.
[Reply]
captain53 05:59 PM 01-03-2010
They knew it before they called her, Business people to day are that sorry and self centered is the problem. That sort of ruthless behavior is everywhere these days, they don't give a damn about anybody but themselves.:-)
[Reply]
G G 06:00 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
They knew it before they called her, Business people to day are that sorry and self centered is the problem. That sort of ruthless behavior is everywhere these days, they don't give a damn about anybody but themselves.:-)
Secular humanism at it's finest.:-)
[Reply]
blugill 06:02 PM 01-03-2010
:-)

Sorry Stitch, that's a horrible way to treat someone who was willing to work for them.
[Reply]
stitch 06:15 PM 01-03-2010
The worst of it is that I truely like these people, they are ok folks as far I was concerned ... But they gave no one any notice, Wifey went to work yesterday and at 4pm they droped this bomb on her!
Today was your last day ... See ya' later bye.
No way would I do this to an employee.
[Reply]
bobarian 06:25 PM 01-03-2010
Sorry to hear the bad news. I no way am I endorsing what happened, but there is a chance they re-opened prematurely with the hope of obtaining financing.
In this day of difficult loans, sometimes businesses run on the promise of obtaining financing from an individual or institution. If this falls through for some reason, the only alternative is to close the doors abruptly. Hopefully a new owner will step in and rehire some of the old employees. I will say a prayer for you family and hope things turn around quickly.
[Reply]
neoflex 06:33 PM 01-03-2010
Sadly, that is how a lot of businesses operate nowadays. I just recently got laid off because my boss pretty much deep sixed the company because he is just a poor businessman and could have been successful had he just picked up his phone. We lost all of our contracts because of it and right before Christmas we shut down. He still has his CA ofice open but he shut the NC office down(Race division) and skipped town owing us all a months pay. Now I have the joys of having to go through the legal system to get monies owed to me because the Labor Board here can not reach outside the state. So not only did I lose my job but I am still owed over $4500 to boot. Another buddy of mine is in the same exact boat with a completely different company. Amazing how some business owners just don't give a crap no matter how much you went above and beyond for them. Thoughts and prayers sent to you and your wife. It's a chitty situation!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:01 PM 01-03-2010
Sorry to hear this Stitch, and I hope she finds something soon.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:56 PM 01-03-2010
Sorry about the bad news Stitch. Positive thoughts sent your way for the job search.
[Reply]
sodomanaz 11:16 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
Sadly, I'm thinking this is the case too. :-) Hell, a few years ago I was working at a restaurant that told everyone the place was closing a month LATER than they really were to keep people from quitting the last few weeks. Bunch of bastards...

Anyway, hope things work out for you guys.
[Reply]
Poronico 11:37 PM 01-03-2010
Sorry to hear about your troubles brother, Nothing a run to the mailbox cant fix... :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 11:42 PM 01-03-2010
Stitch, I will be the first to admit that from what I see you post and from what I have read that you do I look up to you and feel that in a lot of ways you live the life I want. I know times are hard, hell theyre hard everywhere, but you guys deffinatly seem to be getting much more than your share of the pain. All I know how to do is pray for you and yours and hope that y'all find your way through this twisted bullshit they call a job market.
[Reply]
Azpostal 12:30 AM 01-04-2010
I'm sorry to hear about this. I can't believe that they didn't know 10 days out about shutting the lodge down. That is just horrible business sense! I hope things start to look up for your family.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:21 AM 01-04-2010
Sorry to hear that.
Sounds like they knew what was going to happen and needed her skills to help them finalize their intent.
[Reply]
stitch 09:41 AM 01-04-2010
Ahhh … I realize that in life there are no guarantees’ and that in the long run no one owes anyone anything … But it was just the way they did it that grinds me.
You don’t call people, Ask them to come back, tell them it’s for a minimum of
5–6 months,
Then ten days later at the end of a shift tell them all …. Well, Sorry … See ya’ later.
It just strikes me as bad people skills.
Hell, We'll be ok .... We always are.
Thanks for the up lift ya' All :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up