Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Maduro Fuente Fuente opus x and opus sharks?
barbourjay 06:08 PM 01-02-2010
I got a call from a local vendor that they had these so i stopped by after work to check them out. i had been looking for the opus sharks (found a few in st augustine and got what i could) so they called me to say they had them. i was kind of shocked when i got there. here is what they had....

Opus Sharks??

Maduro Fuente Fuente

the sharks were in bundles of 20, they also had a bundle of 10. the fuente fuentes were in packs of 12. i had my doubts so the owner gave me a buy back on them and i picked up one of each just to document them. they were not in their humidor but stored in a locker. he is a opus x dealer and gets regular shipments and deals a lot with the special sets from prometheus. i just really doubt these are real, he wanted 25$ each for them.

i have more pics but i can't post more than 5.
[Reply]
Thaplumbr 07:19 PM 01-02-2010
The single Opus shark i purchased from our local shop were in a box, and didnt come with the band on the foot:-)
[Reply]
jerseystepup 07:28 PM 01-02-2010
the only thing that throws me off is the lack of gold embossing on the cello.... but who knows, these batches could have been a last minute decision?
[Reply]
RichardW 07:56 PM 01-02-2010
Apparently a rare Fuente release:

http://www.vitolas.net/thumbnails.php?album=1

:-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 07:57 PM 01-02-2010
Nice pick up. The maduro X is very very limited.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 09:31 PM 01-02-2010
Weird. They look legit, but that seems really odd.
[Reply]
barbourjay 09:31 PM 01-02-2010
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Nice pick up. The maduro X is very very limited.
just to put it out there, i haven't really picked them up yet. i'm trying to verify their authenticity first. the sharks look exactly like the ones on vitolas, even the caps on them. they do look similar to the box release sharks i have. this is the box release opus shark

[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 09:32 PM 01-02-2010
Did the sharks smell the same? As you know, Opus smell very unique.
[Reply]
barbourjay 09:52 PM 01-02-2010
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Did the sharks smell the same? As you know, Opus smell very unique.
i have a cold and can't smell much of anything right now. once this clears up that would help. moki, on another site, said he thought they looked real.

he also had perfexcion x maduros. if these are real that would be great.
[Reply]
Chemyst 09:58 PM 01-02-2010
Go to Tampa Sweethearts and ask them.
If they don't know, then nobody knows.

If you got them from Tampa Sweethearts
they are real.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
barbourjay 10:06 PM 01-02-2010
Originally Posted by Chemyst:
Go to Tampa Sweethearts and ask them.
If they don't know, then nobody knows.

If you got them from Tampa Sweethearts
they are real.

Chemyst :-)
nope, not from there. they wouldn't know either, i need to send this to a rep and have them check it out. gonna do that now.
[Reply]
T.G 10:27 PM 01-02-2010
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
the sharks were in bundles of 20, they also had a bundle of 10. the fuente fuentes were in packs of 12.
Something that kind of raises an eyebrow for me is the seemingly large quantity of these rather rare and HTF Opuses that this vendor has. The FFOX maduro which should be over 7 years old now, and was never officially released, the orig OX77, very limited release 7 and 5 years ago, yet this vendor seems to have at least 50 of the old Sharks and 24 of the FFOXM.

Unless Fuente is opening the doors to the humi-vault and having a clearance sale, these large quantities seem rather odd.
[Reply]
barbourjay 10:32 PM 01-02-2010
i emailed drew newman. we shall see. moki from vitolas.net fame seems to think they look real.
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 12:04 AM 01-03-2010
very intriguing. I hope that they are real. Might be just a situation of someone who is looking to share something special with another fellow BOTL.
[Reply]
floydpink 10:43 AM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
i have a cold and can't smell much of anything right now. once this clears up that would help. moki, on another site, said he thought they looked real.

he also had perfexcion x maduros. if these are real that would be great.
Moki sighting?
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:45 AM 01-03-2010
Being the maduro whore I am...I gotta find one of each of these bad boys. :-)
[Reply]
barbourjay 10:47 AM 01-03-2010
so drew responded and sent it to the local FN rep to see what the deal is. hopefully i hear back soon.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 10:53 AM 01-03-2010
Hmmm... if they are real, you may have just lost your chance to buy them if you get the B&M in trouble.
[Reply]
barbourjay 11:49 AM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Hmmm... if they are real, you may have just lost your chance to buy them if you get the B&M in trouble.
if they were real they wouldn't get in trouble :-)
[Reply]
Nimbus 01:23 PM 01-03-2010
What is the verdict on these? Any word yet as to their authenticity?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Up