Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Sports>Does anyone watch the NBA anymore?
Pauly Walnuts 02:31 PM 01-02-2010
It seems like everywhere I go the NBA isnt a hot comodity. Whenever I get into a convorsation about basketball with someone, they always say college is better than NBA. Whats up with that? My favorite team is the Cavaliers. Anyone else watch NBA basketball?
[Reply]
The Poet 02:35 PM 01-02-2010
I live in Joisey. Who would you watch - the Knocks or the Nyets?
[Reply]
Blueface 02:37 PM 01-02-2010
I use to love the NBA. That was years ago, when they were real professionals playing the game.
I wish it could be the NBA of the 70's and 90's again with the likes of Frazier, Chmberlain and West and so many others we could truly idolize.
Today, it is a joke of overpaid thugs.
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 02:41 PM 01-02-2010
I watch it on FOX News. Recent episode...

Gilbert Arenas pulls gun on teamate.

Next week....

Gilbert goes to Rikers Island to assasinate Plaxico Burris.
[Reply]
qwerty1500 02:53 PM 01-02-2010
Also a Cav fan but NCAA is my favorite.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:57 PM 01-02-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I use to love the NBA. That was years ago, when they were real professionals playing the game.
I wish it could be the NBA of the 70's and 90's again with the likes of Frazier, Chmberlain and West and so many others we could truly idolize.
BTW,
Just realized, typo.
Meant to say 70's and 80's.
[Reply]
hotreds 02:58 PM 01-02-2010
Never did, never will. Watch some college around March.
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 03:07 PM 01-02-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I live in Joisey. Who would you watch - the Knocks or the Nyets?

LoL im Russian so the Nyets is funny. But yea you dont really have much entertainment over there. Just curious are the tickets alot cheaper? what do they go for?
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 04:48 PM 01-02-2010
Originally Posted by RPguy:
I watch it on FOX News. Recent episode...

Gilbert Arenas pulls gun on teamate.

Next week....

Gilbert goes to Rikers Island to assasinate Plaxico Burris.
LMAO :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:53 PM 01-02-2010
I watched the NBA religiously as a kid, and idolized those guys along with Willis Reed, Elgin Baylor, Pete Maravich, John Havlicek, Bob Love, Chet Walker, Kareem, Dave DeBusschere, etc, etc, etc....

This is the reason I haven't given the NBA a second look since David Robinson retired. :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:07 PM 01-02-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I watched the NBA religiously as a kid, and idolized those guys along with Willis Reed, Elgin Baylor, Pete Maravich, John Havlicek, Bob Love, Chet Walker, Kareem, Dave DeBusschere, etc, etc, etc....

This is the reason I haven't given the NBA a second look since David Robinson retired. :-)
:-)

I really do miss it too, but I just can't watch today's NBA.
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:15 PM 01-02-2010
I might watch the NBA around playoff time. My 2 favorite teams are: Orlando Magic (When I played basketball in grade school, I wore Shaq's number. I have loved the magic since 5th grade.) and the Cleveland Cavaliers (Lebron is a beast)
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 05:18 PM 01-02-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I might watch the NBA around playoff time. My 2 favorite teams are: Orlando Magic (When I played basketball in grade school, I wore Shaq's number. I have loved the magic since 5th grade.) and the Cleveland Cavaliers (Lebron is a beast)
The downfall of the NBA playoffs is that its a 7 game series and loses the interest of the public. Not me though, the longer the season the better is how I see it. But I wasnt alive to witness the better days of chamberlain and ewing, bird, magic, and whatnot so I dont even know what im missing out on.
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:15 PM 01-02-2010
I remember the great matchup of the Magic vs. the Bulls. It was great watching Penny Hardaway and Shaq vs. Michael Jordan

When I was in 6th grade, my dad's buddy got us tickets to see the Magic vs. Bulls in Chicago. We had 5th row seats. I was the Magic fan obviously and they were the Bulls fans. Man, I will never forget that weekend.
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 06:20 PM 01-02-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I remember the great matchup of the Magic vs. the Bulls. It was great watching Penny Hardaway and Shaq vs. Michael Jordan

When I was in 6th grade, my dad's buddy got us tickets to see the Magic vs. Bulls in Chicago. We had 5th row seats. I was the Magic fan obviously and they were the Bulls fans. Man, I will never forget that weekend.
I know what you mean, I'm also a Raptors fan and we get seats in the way upper level, so theres more nutty people up there you would think. I was the only Raptor fan up there and I dont keep quiet to say the least. My friends actually tell me that Im the loudest person they've met, so lets just say me and the Bulls fans didnt get along too well lol. I couldnt imagine a playoff game though, I can see it getting physical then, because my experience was mighty close to getting physical. Haha im there to have a good time and these people are lookin to kill ya! :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:46 PM 01-02-2010
Go Clip Show! :-)
[Reply]
acruce 08:04 PM 01-02-2010
NBA Finals only.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 08:06 PM 01-02-2010
Yup, big fan of NBA but bigger fan of college ball. Been a GSW fan since I was a kid.
[Reply]
gpugliese 08:07 PM 01-02-2010
Not a fan at all. I'll watch NCAA early in the year into March Madness because the kids actually play like they give a damn.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:42 PM 01-02-2010
I am not a fan of basketball at all. Can't stand to watch it, especially the NBA.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up