Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>I created a quiz on GoToQuiz.com. Check it out
357 12:50 PM 12-28-2009
It is a 15 question political quiz. I know politics are a bit of a taboo, but trust me it is not malicious or slanted in any way. I just wanted a few people to try it out and let me know what you think.

Here's the link

http://www.gotoquiz.com/are_you_cons...or_libertarian

Thanks,
Mike
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:13 PM 12-28-2009
Thanks for the link. I just found out what I already knew :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 01:19 PM 12-28-2009
Apparently I'm a Libertarian...?
[Reply]
icehog3 01:29 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
That's what it said for me too, M.J..... :-)
[Reply]
timo 01:34 PM 12-28-2009
:-)
[Reply]
357 01:44 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
That's what it said for me too, M.J..... :-)
That was kinda the point. While I am conservative, I believe most Americans are actually Libertarians and they just don't know it. The libertarians are primarily conservative economically (small government), but socially liberal (keep government out of personal affairs). I'm conservative, but I lean libertarian in some areas.

In my opinion there are some flaws with the Libertarian Party platforms, but I believe the majority of Americans agree with most of them.

Thanks for taking the quiz. If you wouldn't mind, please also post what you considered yourself before the quiz, and what the quiz said you were.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 01:47 PM 12-28-2009
I guess this also shows how most of us dont fit into the preconcieved notions of what "conservative, liberal or libertarian" are.
I mean, I generally think of myself as a liberal, but I do have conservative tendencies. Course, I'd vote Republican before I voted Libertarian...
[Reply]
Volt 01:52 PM 12-28-2009
Found too many of the questions worded to extremes and therefore could not answer them. On the other hand, I already knew I was a centrist/libertarian. Used to love listening to Jesse Ventura when ha was the Gov., man just had good common sense approach to life.
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:54 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by 357:
If you wouldn't mind, please also post what you considered yourself before the quiz, and what the quiz said you were.
I was a conservative before taking the quiz and the quiz said I was a conservative :-)
[Reply]
357 01:55 PM 12-28-2009
I forgot to mention, any other opinions on my quiz would be appreciated. Like I said I know politics can be dicey so I'm not trying to start a debate. I just want to have a good quiz that people believe is valid.
[Reply]
357 02:02 PM 12-28-2009
I guess this also shows how most of us dont fit into the preconcieved notions of what "conservative, liberal or libertarian" are.
I mean, I generally think of myself as a liberal, but I do have conservative tendencies. Course, I'd vote Republican before I voted Libertarian...
Perception vs reality is kinda what I was aiming for. Also, I understand that sentiment of not wanting to vote for the Libertarian Party. I guess the idea isn't as much about which party you like best, but which one most closely matches your ideals. I agree that the Libertatian Party is flawed. However, identifying oneself as libertarian doesn't necessarily mean you are a party member.

I believe the Republican Party should be conservative but they aren't always. When they fall off the conservative wagon it embarrasses me to call myself a Republican.

Anway...I hope that makes some sense.

Thanks for the response!
[Reply]
rack04 02:15 PM 12-28-2009
Are you conservative, liberal, or libertarian?
Your Result: Conservative
You are Conservative and should probably be voting Republican. You believe in low use-based taxes, free market solutions, free speech is guaranteed by the right to bear arms, and that the pursuit of happiness requires first that you have the right to life. You are socially and economically conservative.
Result Breakdown:
88% Conservative
53% Libertarian
9% Liberal
Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz
[Reply]
shilala 02:16 PM 12-28-2009
It says I'm a Liberatarian, and I'm more conservative than liberal.
Means nothing to me. I don't even know what conservative or liberal means. Literally.
Don't care, either. And I haven't missed a poll since I was 18. :-)
Plus the results spelled marriage wrong, so I immediately dismissed anything it said wholesale.
[Reply]
357 02:58 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
It says I'm a Liberatarian, and I'm more conservative than liberal.
Means nothing to me. I don't even know what conservative or liberal means. Literally.
Don't care, either. And I haven't missed a poll since I was 18. :-)
Plus the results spelled marriage wrong, so I immediately dismissed anything it said wholesale.
Sorry, I got in a hurry and didn't use spell check. Thanks for posting your results.
[Reply]
shilala 03:14 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by 357:
Sorry, I got in a hurry and didn't use spell check. Thanks for posting your results.
Sorry, Mike. :-)
I wasn't jerking your spelling, I was just pointing out my lack of political affliction (no, I didn't mean affiliation). I meant no disrespect whatsoever, and now that I look at what I wrote, you probably don't know me well enough to know I didn't mean any disrespect. I hope you'll forgive me. :-)
I just love people. There were tough questions on there. The answers didn't necessarily cover my convictions, so I just kinda picked something.
It came back way off base, I think. At least the answers in the margin on the left pre-supposed things about me that were absolutely 100% incorrect.
And I really honestly don't know the difference between a liberal and a conservative. I've spent a lot of years making sure I don't find out, on purpose. Not sure why.
[Reply]
Eleven 03:17 PM 12-28-2009
Neal Boortz has a very similar quiz.

I dig me some Nealz, but Libertarians never seem to run a candidate I can truly support e.g. Ron Paul.
[Reply]
Neuromancer 03:29 PM 12-28-2009
Ditto...but I already know I was...at age 63 I just want the government out of my face...I'm tired of them trying to legislate my life and whether I can smoke a damn cigar, play poker online, or feed the ducks in my own backyard...
[Reply]
Blueface 03:37 PM 12-28-2009
If accurate, confirmed what I knew. Seems I am a Conservative.
[Reply]
357 05:41 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Sorry, Mike. :-)
I wasn't jerking your spelling, I was just pointing out my lack of political affliction (no, I didn't mean affiliation). I meant no disrespect whatsoever, and now that I look at what I wrote, you probably don't know me well enough to know I didn't mean any disrespect. I hope you'll forgive me. :-)
I just love people. There were tough questions on there. The answers didn't necessarily cover my convictions, so I just kinda picked something.
It came back way off base, I think. At least the answers in the margin on the left pre-supposed things about me that were absolutely 100% incorrect.
And I really honestly don't know the difference between a liberal and a conservative. I've spent a lot of years making sure I don't find out, on purpose. Not sure why.
No offense taken and no apology needed. I didn't want you guys to think I linked some lame quiz I found. In fact I just created it myself and typed poorly. I started off copy and pasting stuff into Word to run spell check but I ran out of time. I know the questions didn't offer a ton of options, or even all available answers. It is just for fun and I wanted to make people think about it a little. I also know not everyone is into politics. I appreciate you guys giving it a whirl.
[Reply]
JE3146 06:03 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I was a conservative before taking the quiz and the quiz said I was a conservative :-)
:-)

Socially liberal my a$$... :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up