Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Noche Buena (Christmas Eve)....Cuban Style
Blueface 09:39 AM 12-22-2009
Heading down to Miami tomorrow morning to pick out the pig and have it slaughtered for the Caja China and pick up some mojo to marinade it in the evening for our traditional Christmas Eve big family dinner.

Thanks to my expected winnings in two Fantasy Football leagues as I am in the championship game in both, decided to splurge on this table instead of what I would normally do (cigars).

Dominoes, along with booze and cigars, will surely be fun as we wait for the pig to cook.

I am getting the table from a guy in Miami that works out of his home. The price is very good for this type of table. If anyone is ever interested in one, let me know.

Note the neat cigars to hold up the dominoes.
Attached: domino table.jpg (43.5 KB) 
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:47 AM 12-22-2009
Will you be throwing water out the door on New Year's Eve as well?
[Reply]
Blueface 09:48 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
Will you be throwing water out the door on New Year's Eve as well?
:-):-):-)
Yup.
Wife will have the bucket ready and will dodge everyone to run outside and take care of that.
Next, don't forget, 12 grapes a must.
[Reply]
floydpink 09:49 AM 12-22-2009
What time should I be over? Sounds like my kind of party.

My Christmas Eve will be Brazilian style at my wife's friend's house. Everybody will be late, bring uninvited friends, stay late drinking and singing and people will hook up and formerly single girls will be pregnant for the New Year. Always happens.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:50 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
What time should I be over? Sounds like my kind of party.

My Christmas Eve will be Brazilian style at my wife's friend's house. Everybody will be late, bring uninvited friends, stay late drinking and singing and people will hook up and people will be pregnant for the New Year. Always happens.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:54 AM 12-22-2009
The final product will hopefully look like this previous one.

[Reply]
Blueface 09:57 AM 12-22-2009
Special box for the occasion.:-):-):-)

[Reply]
Noodles 09:58 AM 12-22-2009
Lechon @ Noche Buena, that is the Christmas food I am familiar with. I miss home.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:59 AM 12-22-2009
The whole on the pig's left thigh is from us jumping all over the crispy skin with beer. Hmm, Hmm good!!!

The funny thing is I usually place the Caja China in the driveway and the smoke and smell of that pig brings out all the neighbors.
It becomes a conversation piece.
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:02 AM 12-22-2009
Dang, that looks tasty :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 10:05 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Dang, that looks tasty :-)
Dan,
The mojo contains pineapple juice, vinegar and orange juice, along with condiments and garlic.
I use a half gallon of it and separate the liquid from the garlic and inject the entire pig. After that, half a container of salt is rubbed all over and finally, the garlic is rubbed. That marinades overnight.
The pig then cooks slowly for about 5 hours.
The smell and the taste is amazing.
When you pull a rib, you get only the bone and have to scoop up the meat that fell off.
Quite a few from CA got to taste one a couple of years ago when we did a big herf in Florida.
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:07 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Dan,
The mojo contains pineapple juice, vinegar and orange juice, along with condiments and garlic.
I separate the liquid from the garlic and inject the entire pig. After that, half a container of salt is rubbed all over and finally, the garlic is rubbed. That marinades overnight.
The pig then cooks slowly for about 5 hours.
The smell and the taste is amazing.
When you pull a rib, you get only the bone and have to scoop up the meat that fell off.
Quite a few from CA got to taste one a couple of years ago when we did a big herf in Florida.
Oh my.... :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 10:19 AM 12-22-2009
Sounds AWESOME Carlos! And love that table!
[Reply]
DougBushBC 10:30 AM 12-22-2009
You going to Mary's Ranch to get it? Also, I have seen that same table with a Don Lina Africa theme at Sabor Havana PGA...
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:34 AM 12-22-2009
That pig at MMH III was fantastic!!
[Reply]
Blueface 10:38 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:
You going to Mary's Ranch to get it? Also, I have seen that same table with a Don Lina Africa theme at Sabor Havana PGA...
I go to Matadera Matson off Okeechobee in Hialeah.
I use to go to another one up the road (can't remember the name now - Cabrera I think) but that one is so much bigger and so much busier that I found Matson an easier in and out for me.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:40 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
That pig at MMH III was fantastic!!
Dave,
I am trying to recall if even the bones survived the piranhas.:-)
[Reply]
DougBushBC 11:02 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I go to Matadera Matson off Okeechobee in Hialeah.
I use to go to another one up the road (can't remember the name now - Cabrera I think) but that one is so much bigger and so much busier that I found Matson an easier in and out for me.
Cabrera is the same as Mary's Ranch (the wholesale version of Cabrera) I buy from them fairly regularly.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:05 AM 12-22-2009
What kind of booze do you does everyone drink at the table?
[Reply]
coastietech 11:08 AM 12-22-2009
Sounds like fun...

We have a typical Italian Christmas Eve. No meat, we usually have a fish sauce. There will be some poker, some cigars, and a whole lot of expresso and Sambuca!

We also have a tradition of letting the kids open one present before they go to bed. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up