Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>I made someone's Christmas...
coastietech 02:55 PM 12-15-2009
I live in an apt complex and over the last couple weeks I have been noticing that there are cigars in my humi's that I couldn't find. I chalked it up to my lack of memory or that I was just imagining things.

Well I guess my instinct was right because today I came home and the two humi's I have in my living room on display were gone...

It's weird but I guess I'm fortunate that they didn't take anything else, atleast not that I've noticed. They didn't notice the cooler that was in my room so that's a plus as well.

The door was locked so I am guessing that it was one of the maintenance people that have access to all the apts. I called the front office and they swore up and down that the people that work there would never do such a thing.

:-):-)

Guess I made someone's Christmas... :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:57 PM 12-15-2009
That sucks!!!:-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 02:57 PM 12-15-2009
Aw Joe that sucks! I hope those bastards get whats coming to them.
[Reply]
mithrilG60 03:01 PM 12-15-2009
Time to change your locks and NOT give the maintenance or management company the key.
[Reply]
srduggins 03:02 PM 12-15-2009
I hate thieves, and stealing cigars???? WTF
[Reply]
coastietech 03:05 PM 12-15-2009
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
Time to change your locks and NOT give the maintenance or management company the key.
I am doing this tonight when I go to pick up the kids...

Should have done it when I moved in, it's my fault for not thinking about this. :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 03:09 PM 12-15-2009
Originally Posted by srduggins:
I hate thieves, and stealing cigars???? WTF
That's what I said when I came home... My tv was still there and that was right next to the humi's. All my speakers and home entertainment stuff was left there. They left my safe with all my guns. I don't have a lot of stuff so there's not much they could have stole but I figured if they were going to steal something they wouldn't have gone after my cigars. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 03:11 PM 12-15-2009
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
:-) But I wouldn't give up on getting the stuff back. Police report first off. That will establish no forced entry. Then contact the management company again through a lawyer.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
E.J. 03:24 PM 12-15-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
:-) But I wouldn't give up on getting the stuff back. Police report first off. That will establish no forced entry. Then contact the management company again through a lawyer.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
icehog3 03:30 PM 12-15-2009
What did the police say?
[Reply]
14holestogie 03:52 PM 12-15-2009
Absolutely get the police involved.

My wife's aunt had something similar happen to her in the past couple of years where some cash disappeared and she was told the same thing about the people they had working maintenance. They couldn't possibly have done it. Turns out it was one of the longest tenured employee they had.
[Reply]
Bax 03:57 PM 12-15-2009
Always get a report. Even if they think they won't catch the guy. If they do catch him they have a proir history of thefts on file.
[Reply]
T.G 04:02 PM 12-15-2009
Buy a replacement humidor, fill it with cigars and a poisonous snake. Let them come steal it too, that'll teach them.
[Reply]
ActionAndy 04:03 PM 12-15-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
That's what I said when I came home... My tv was still there and that was right next to the humi's. All my speakers and home entertainment stuff was left there. They left my safe with all my guns. I don't have a lot of stuff so there's not much they could have stole but I figured if they were going to steal something they wouldn't have gone after my cigars. :-)

I'm really not trying to be funny but the rationale here may be that the cigars get burned. If suddenly the maintenance man had a new tv and blu-ray that matched yours it's definitely fishy--if he smokes cigars no one can really say anything? Dunno, but either way, whoever did this is garbage.
[Reply]
CigarDisciple 04:06 PM 12-15-2009
Always have renters insurance when you live in a apt. also it might be worth it to invest in a camera for the apt, kinad like a nanny cam. Sorry for your loss. :-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 04:31 PM 12-15-2009
That really blows dude...sorry about your luck
[Reply]
bobarian 04:36 PM 12-15-2009
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Get the police involved if your landlord will not take responsibility. :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 04:42 PM 12-15-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
What did the police say?
You did report it didn't you?
[Reply]
Dunkel 05:10 PM 12-15-2009
Put in a camera pointing at a new humidor with cigars in it. Catch them on film ,get them fired, and contact the police.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 05:20 PM 12-15-2009
Were one of the maintenance guys or the super in you apartment recently doing work?
I bet they were and spyed your cigars, then helped them self to a couple, then they got brave and came back for the big score.
Got to be someone with a key, call the cops get a report.:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up