Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>A plea for some help.
RevSmoke 07:47 PM 12-09-2009
Vin posted a quick note about how his ex-wife was treated by her new boyfriend. As a stand-up guy, he asked for prayers for her and the situation.

I know Vin has helped out other in the past. And this isn't even for Vin, it's for his ex. So, read on.

Here's his original post on the situation, please take a moment to read it. http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...74&postcount=1

I asked if there was anything that could be done to help.

He didn't ask for help. He said that he's doing what he can, but he "cannot cover everything." However, he also said that since it does affect his children, he wasn't going to turn an offer away (or something like that). He did state, "I just want to reiterate though that no one is going hungry. They have a roof over their heads and a vehicle to drive. It's just a crummy situation to deal with during what should should be a time of joy. I don't want to make it into a bigger deal than it is."

OK, so it isn't an emergency. This is Christmas though, and so I asked, "If someone wants to lend some financial assistance, how can we help?"

Please read the original post to see what kind of stuff the ex's boyfriend left with. It appears that He didn't take the kid's stuff - he took appliances and furniture. Some of the small appliances have been replaced, but there is a need for furniture and the larger appliances. I know none of us can do that, but maybe with a few donations we can help offset some of the expenses. Part of a note to me from Vin stated, "A lot of what was taken was silly, stupid stuff: a coffee maker, a vegetable steamer, a set of cutlery, etc. I had my ex put together a Target shopping list, and I took care of the immediate necessities. What I know she's going to have a hard time with is replacing furniture and appliances. What I know will never be lacking is anything for the kids as their grandparents will fill those needs well."

I asked how we could get money to him. Vin has suggested the following as a way to funds to him to get to Christine.

He stated the following: It doesn't really matter to me how people send. Check, PP -- it's all the same to me. I think my preferance would be to receive it here and then send it on to her so that I can thank people.

Checks can be made out to Christine Stolo and sent to Vin (PM me and I will give you his address so we don't publically post it here).

PP donations can go to vstolo@hotmail.com

I will be personally sending a check to Christine via Vin. If you can assist in this matter, I am sure Christine would appreciate it.

God's blessings to you all for a great Christmas.

Peace of the Lord be with you all.
[Reply]
kgoings 07:55 PM 12-09-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Vin posted a quick note about how his ex-wife was treated by her new boyfriend. As a stand-up guy, he asked for prayers for her and the situation.

I know Vin has helped out other in the past. And this isn't even for Vin, it's for his ex. So, read on.

Here's his original post on the situation, please take a moment to read it. http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...74&postcount=1

He didn't ask for help. He said that he's doing what he can, but he "cannot cover everything." However, he also said that since it does affect his children, he wasn't going to turn an offer away (or something like that). He did state, "I just want to reiterate though that no one is going hungry. They have a roof over their heads and a vehicle to drive. It's just a crummy situation to deal with during what should should be a time of joy. I don't want to make it into a bigger deal than it is."

OK, so it isn't an emergency. This is Christmas though, and so I asked, "If someone wants to lend some financial assistance, how can we help?"

Please read the original post to see what kind of stuff the ex's boyfriend left with. It appears that He didn't take the kid's stuff - he took appliances and furniture. Some of the small appliances have been replaced, but there is a need for furniture and the larger appliances. I know none of us can do that, but maybe with a few donations we can help offset some of the expenses. Part of a note to me from Vin stated, "A lot of what was taken was silly, stupid stuff: a coffee maker, a vegetable steamer, a set of cutlery, etc. I had my ex put together a Target shopping list, and I took care of the immediate necessities. What I know she's going to have a hard time with is replacing furniture and appliances. What I know will never be lacking is anything for the kids as their grandparents will fill those needs well."

I asked how we could get money to him. Vin has suggested the following as a way to funds to him to get to Christine.

He stated the following: It doesn't really matter to me how people send. Check, PP -- it's all the same to me. I think my preferance would be to receive it here and then send it on to her so that I can thank people.

Checks can be made out to Christine Stolo and sent to Vin (PM me and I will give you his address so we don't publically post it here).

I will be personally sending a check to Christine via Vin. If you can assist in this matter, I am sure Christine would appreciate it.

I was thinking the same thing. Consider money on the way
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 07:59 PM 12-09-2009
Pray-palled some funds. Thanks, Todd.
[Reply]
massphatness 08:05 PM 12-09-2009
Just wow. I'm a little choked up. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:08 PM 12-09-2009
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Just wow. I'm a little choked up. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Hey... it's Cigar Asylum, brother. Its what we do.

Praying things turn around for Christine, Vin. You are a good man. :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 08:40 PM 12-09-2009
PP sent. Thank you so much for doing this, Rev. Here's to a speedy recovery!
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:57 PM 12-09-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:

I know its a rough time of year... but I hope some more folks can help. :-)
[Reply]
blugill 08:59 PM 12-09-2009
Sounds like a perfect situation for my PIF, I'll be sending funds on the 18th.
[Reply]
bobarian 09:02 PM 12-09-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Hey... it's Cigar Asylum, brother. Its what we do.

Praying things turn around for Christine, Vin. You are a good man. :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:15 AM 12-10-2009
morning bump.
[Reply]
TripleF 07:25 AM 12-10-2009
The people on this board are incredible!!

Pray-palled some funds too bro!! (stole that from SmokeyJoe).
[Reply]
14holestogie 07:42 AM 12-10-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
The people on this board are incredible!!

Pray-palled some funds too bro!! (stole that from SmokeyJoe).
I'll be doing the same later today. It's a no-brainer for all that Vin does for others to help his family out when they need it.
[Reply]
shilala 08:48 AM 12-10-2009
Makes me smile, Vin.
I gave the ex a hug yesterday and told her I love her. Took a long time to get there. :-)
I'll see what I can do. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 08:56 AM 12-10-2009
PP sent.

Also guys, if possible send this as a "gift". That way no fees are deducted.

[Reply]
GKitty 09:03 AM 12-10-2009
I've been waiting for this thread to start. Thanks, Rev.

"Pray-Pall"... I love it! and I'm using it to send what I can.

Vin, thanks for letting me repay a little of the joy you've brought to this our beloved asylum.
[Reply]
DBall 09:15 AM 12-10-2009
A little ppal gift sent...

Happy holidays. :-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 09:48 AM 12-10-2009
PP on the way, Vin!

Hope all works out!!
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:56 AM 12-10-2009
A PM sent to Rev for an addy. My prayers are with everyone involved in this terrible situation.

Vin, I'm going away for a long weekend so I'll be sending something to you for your ex next week.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:55 AM 12-10-2009
It does my heart good to see that others have the same thoughts as I did.

God's blessings to Christine and the kids - and to you also, Vin.
[Reply]
massphatness 12:04 PM 12-10-2009
I'm blown away. Can't thank you all enough. I'll post more later tonight, but the response of this community has floored me.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up