[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:45 AM 12-04-2009
could be worse for The Netherlands
[Reply]
iRiSh 11:47 AM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
could be worse for The Netherlands
your right.

but do you remember the last european championships the netherlands hammered their group games and were hot favourites for it but they went downhill rapid in the knock out stages.

the old saying, its not a sprint its a marathon
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:55 AM 12-04-2009
yeah, but with this group there is no need to start sprinting. And if that tragic accident with Boulahrouz's daughter never happened, Holland - Russia would be a different game.
[Reply]
iRiSh 12:08 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
yeah, but with this group there is no need to start sprinting. And if that tragic accident with Boulahrouz's daughter never happened, Holland - Russia would be a different game.
yea it was tragic.

i hope the dutch do well:-)
[Reply]
Jason 02:39 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by iRiSh:
i hope the dutch do well:-)
The Irish would have done well with the spot in group A I think

US over England anyone? Pre-Capello I would have placed money on it, now I'll be biting my nails
[Reply]
pmwz 02:48 PM 12-04-2009
germanys group looks pretty easy. dont feel confident about the team though
[Reply]
iRiSh 04:18 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by Jason:
The Irish would have done well with the spot in group A I think

US over England anyone? Pre-Capello I would have placed money on it, now I'll be biting my nails
dont get me started pal, we could have been in group A:-):-)

england are hit and miss, overpayed "stars" who cant really gel together.
first game of the group for you too so you never know
[Reply]
DrDubzz 04:58 PM 12-04-2009
lol at North Korea

I bet Kim Jong is PISSED
[Reply]
pnoon 05:52 PM 12-04-2009
US got a relatively easy group.
They should advance.

After what France "accomplished", I was really hoping they would end up in the group of death.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 06:17 PM 12-04-2009
Thank god for 2 teams making it out of the groups... Cause England is a tough draw for#1 in the USA group
[Reply]
pnoon 07:29 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:
Thank god for 2 teams making it out of the groups... Cause England is a tough draw for#1 in the USA group
Any of the #1 seeds would be a tough draw (except for the host nation). That is why they are the seeded teams. Would Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Spain, Italy, or The Netherlands be any easier? I don't think so. In fact, I think the US got an easy group with Slovenia and Algeria rounding out the group.
:-)

I'm thrilled with how the US fared. Of the seeded teams, I think they match up well with England.
[Reply]
bobarian 07:34 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Any of the #1 seeds would be a tough draw (except for the host nation). That is why they are the seeded teams. Would Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Spain, Italy, or The Netherlands be any easier? I don't think so. In fact, I think the US got an easy group with Slovenia and Algeria rounding out the group.
:-)

I'm thrilled with how the US fared. Of the seeded teams, I think they match up well with England.
:-) US got about as good a draw as they could expect. Draw vs England in the opener and they should go through to next round. Even a loss still leaves them with two winnable matches. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 07:36 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
:-) US got about as good a draw as they could expect. Draw vs England in the opener and they should go through to next round. Even a loss still leaves them with two winnable matches. :-)
Exactly.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 07:43 PM 12-04-2009
I'm excited for England vs U.S. I hope the U.S can bring it and not let us down (unless they face Greece :-)).
[Reply]
pnoon 07:49 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I'm excited for England vs U.S. I hope the U.S can bring it and not let us down (unless they face Greece :-)).
Everyone is talking about how Group G is the group of death.
I think group B is as tough as it gets - Argentina, Nigeria, Greece and South Korea. No slouches for sure.
[Reply]
bobarian 07:50 PM 12-04-2009
Greece's draw is as tough as they get. 4 quality sides in that group. Definitely has a vote as the group of death.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:52 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Greece's draw is as tough as they get. 4 quality sides in that group. Definitely has a vote as the group of death.
I just said that.

Geez. You ARE old. :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 07:59 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Everyone is talking about how Group G is the group of death.
I think group B is as tough as it gets - Argentina, Nigeria, Greece and South Korea. No slouches for sure.
I agree, and I don't think Greece's style of play will beat these teams. They rely on a strategy that worked 5 years ago with different players. Who knows though? That's why the games are played :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up