Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Life
av8tor152d 09:52 PM 12-01-2009
So yeah been a while since I have been active on the boards here, I miss the brotherhood on a daily basis.

With my recent career change, divorce, and working on my degree I just seem to not find much time for hobbies.

Did some thinking the last couple days and realized I am just not happy with my new career, yeah its great money I am making more now than I would have ever made in the Army. That and I don't like not having the time to enjoy reading the boards here as well.

I found CA on my last deployment, spent many a nights lurking in chat meeting new people and making friends that even though I have never met I would not hesitate to throw a 5er into a box and mail half way across the world for. Something has to be said about the quality of the people that make this a home for so many yet make it feel personal to each and every member. From the Troop supporters to the MAW gangs, and yeah even the MASSHOLES.

Guess the reason I am writing this is everyone here is family to me, family that has helped me through the last almost 3 years of my life. If I could I would love to personally thank every one of the members here.

The other reason I am writing this is that well family always shares news and such with each other and well I have thought long and hard over my career change I have come to the decision that I will only be happy serving as a member of our Armed forces so today I made some calls to see about going back on active duty. I should have an answer within the next week as to if they will take me back on active duty.

Just wanted to share yet another change in the life of "Chief" and ask that all of you send some good mojo or whatever you choose that the Army says come home brother.

Thanks for reading my rants and light one up!
[Reply]
pnoon 09:54 PM 12-01-2009
Best of luck to you, Jason.

No matter where life takes you, you CA family will be here for you.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:55 PM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Best of luck to you, Jason.

No matter where life takes you, you CA family will be here for you.
I couldn't have said it better, so I will just quote. Best of luck always, Jason. :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 03:53 AM 12-02-2009
Good luck on your journey and this latest quest, Chief.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:20 AM 12-02-2009
Jason..best of luck in whatever your ventures are brother!!
[Reply]
14holestogie 04:56 AM 12-02-2009
Life is too short to not do something you can be passionate about.

Best of luck on your journey, Jason.
[Reply]
Volt 04:57 AM 12-02-2009
Best of luck and I hope you can get back in. I barely mentioned it to you way back when, but I have never met a person that got out that did not regret it within a year. As now a retiree in the "real world", they can have it. The BS in the civilian jobs is unreal compared to the military. I'd still be if it wasn't for that 3 mile run every year the Navy makes us do :-)

If I wanted to be Army - I would have joined.
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:27 AM 12-02-2009
Good luck and thank you Jason!
[Reply]
shilala 05:29 AM 12-02-2009
God bless you in whatever you decide, my brother.
I'm glad you're following your heart. :-)
[Reply]
macpappy 05:38 AM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by av8tor152d:
So yeah been a while since I have been active on the boards here, I miss the brotherhood on a daily basis.

With my recent career change, divorce, and working on my degree I just seem to not find much time for hobbies.

Did some thinking the last couple days and realized I am just not happy with my new career, yeah its great money I am making more now than I would have ever made in the Army. That and I don't like not having the time to enjoy reading the boards here as well.

I found CA on my last deployment, spent many a nights lurking in chat meeting new people and making friends that even though I have never met I would not hesitate to throw a 5er into a box and mail half way across the world for. Something has to be said about the quality of the people that make this a home for so many yet make it feel personal to each and every member. From the Troop supporters to the MAW gangs, and yeah even the MASSHOLES.

Guess the reason I am writing this is everyone here is family to me, family that has helped me through the last almost 3 years of my life. If I could I would love to personally thank every one of the members here.

The other reason I am writing this is that well family always shares news and such with each other and well I have thought long and hard over my career change I have come to the decision that I will only be happy serving as a member of our Armed forces so today I made some calls to see about going back on active duty. I should have an answer within the next week as to if they will take me back on active duty.

Just wanted to share yet another change in the life of "Chief" and ask that all of you send some good mojo or whatever you choose that the Army says come home brother.

Thanks for reading my rants and light one up!
If for some strange reason the Army doesn't want you back, check out the other services. When I was in the Coast Guard a lot of the good helo pilots I knew were ex-Army.
[Reply]
macpappy 05:39 AM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Best of luck and I hope you can get back in. I barely mentioned it to you way back when, but I have never met a person that got out that did not regret it within a year. As now a retiree in the "real world", they can have it. The BS in the civilian jobs is unreal compared to the military. I'd still be if it wasn't for that 3 mile run every year the Navy makes us do :-)

If I wanted to be Army - I would have joined.
Three miles? How many trips around the flight deck of a carrier is that?
[Reply]
Sailchaser 05:40 AM 12-02-2009
Jason,
There is a constant journey with new doors opening daily and hopefully one of those doors will make you happy. You'll find that happiness and serenity just give it a little time
[Reply]
massphatness 05:56 AM 12-02-2009
Good luck, my friend, whatever you ultimately decide. I truly miss seeing you around here ... in a very masculine, non-sexual sort of way, of course. :-)

:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:13 AM 12-02-2009
God's blessings to you as you work through these decisions in your heart, mind, and ultimately in your life.

God grant you peace.
[Reply]
Volt 06:16 AM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
If for some strange reason the Army doesn't want you back, check out the other services. When I was in the Coast Guard a lot of the good helo pilots I knew were ex-Army.
Hehe, actually it's 1.5 miles twice a year.....For anything over 500 feet - I own a motorcycle.
[Reply]
av8tor152d 06:57 AM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Good luck, my friend, whatever you ultimately decide. I truly miss seeing you around here ... in a very masculine, non-sexual sort of way, of course. :-)

:-)
See what I mean about them MASSHOLES.
[Reply]
fissure 07:19 AM 12-02-2009
Keep your head up Jason:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:21 AM 12-02-2009
Good Luck!!!:-)

We'll be here when you need us!!!

[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:04 AM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Good advice. And I'm hearing lots of recruitment ads on the radio for the Coast Guard back here in Virginia.
[Reply]
icantbejon 08:36 AM 12-02-2009
Well Jason, I can only wish you the best of luck. Knowing my luck, I'll end up following in your footsteps in a few months anyway.

It was a very short lived civilian career for you.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up