Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>What is your "Everyday" smoke?
Subvet642 05:49 PM 11-27-2009
Everyone seems to have their favorite primo stick, but what do folks smoke as their "regular, everyday" smoke? What is your favorite cheap stogie? I searched for a thread on this, but couldn't find one. If this redundant, :-), feel free to delete or merge it.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:52 PM 11-27-2009
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...favorite+cheap
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=643

When I go cheap, I go GR Specials Red Label or JLP Crema's.
[Reply]
Kreth 06:08 PM 11-27-2009
There's a cheap smoke thread here somewhere, which was basically a list of cheap/bundle cigars, which turned into everyone posting their favorites to be added to the list.
I like to rotate my cheap smokes. My desktop has space in the bottom for 3 bundles. Right now I have Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo, Perdomo Slow-Aged Lot 826, and El Mejor Emeralds in there. I also like Indian Tabac Maduro & Super Fuerte Maduro, Sancho Panza Double Maduro, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet and Maduro, and some others I'm probably forgetting.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:08 PM 11-27-2009
It would seem that I didn't use the right search terms, oops :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:12 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
There's a cheap smoke thread here somewhere, which was basically a list of cheap/bundle cigars, which turned into everyone posting their favorites to be added to the list.
I like to rotate my cheap smokes. My desktop has space in the bottom for 3 bundles. Right now I have Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo, Perdomo Slow-Aged Lot 826, and El Mejor Emeralds in there. I also like Indian Tabac Maduro & Super Fuerte Maduro, Sancho Panza Double Maduro, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet and Maduro, and some others I'm probably forgetting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Oooh, a lot of good ideas!
[Reply]
Zanaspus 07:22 PM 11-27-2009
It's been said many times before, but Famous Nic 3000. :-)
[Reply]
SmokinApe 07:42 PM 11-27-2009
I don't think much but I think it's OK to to post this question even tho it has been posted before... almost all of forums is rehashed material...

In a post like this you get answers that are all over the place any many will be from people who didn't go and post on the other threads...

IMO there are a few elements that go into making a decision as to what will be your everyday smoke. Unfortunately for me I blindly compiled a list based off recommendations and ended up with a cooler full of cigars I didn't like...

The most important factor is price, when you know what you are able to spend, you can then look to maximize you purchase power. The second is profile, you should understand a few things; general flavor profiles, wrapper types and strength. You may have to smoke ALLOT of cigars to find your preferred profile, once to do then you can find the best cigar IN YOUR PROFILE that fits you budget. (Quick tip, most newbes fall for maduro first) The last piece of the puzzle is size/vitola, if you only have 45min to smoke a sick you don't want a box of churchills...
[Reply]
Subvet642 08:13 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
...The second is profile, you should understand a few things; general flavor profiles, wrapper types and strength. You may have to smoke ALLOT of cigars to find your preferred profile, once to do then you can find the best cigar IN YOUR PROFILE that fits you budget. (Quick tip, most newbes fall for maduro first) The last piece of the puzzle is size/vitola, if you only have 45min to smoke a sick you don't want a box of churchills...
Hmmm, good info! I have found that I seem to like darker wrappers, but I don't think that I've tried a true maduro, yet. As for size, so far I'm trending toward 5" or 6" and a 50 ring gauge, so toros or robustos. I will however, try other sizes in my search. Thanks for the tips; it should help to keep things manageable.
[Reply]
JJG 08:14 PM 11-27-2009
My everyday smoke is the Bolivar PC. $4 is still pretty cheap for a premium CC in my opinion. Most of the NCs I smoke cost twice that and aren't even as good. :-)

also, I think it's ok to start duplicate threads like this from time to time. I mean, every topic has probably been covered once before. It doesn't bother me that certain topics get re-posted.
[Reply]
Pilon 09:00 PM 11-27-2009
Padron 2000 Maduro
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 09:48 PM 11-27-2009
Another vote for the padron 2000 maddies if I could afford them everyday.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Namerifrats 09:50 PM 11-27-2009
I don't really have a dedicated everyday smoke. Usually just open the cooler...look around for a minute and grab whatever looks good first.
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 09:50 PM 11-27-2009
I kinda got four.....Ambos Mundos Robusto No. 2, El Cobre Robusto, Brick House Corona Gorda and Edge Corojo Toro.
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:50 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry:
I kinda got four.....Ambos Mundos Robusto No. 2, El Cobre Robusto, Brick House Corona Gorda and Edge Corojo Toro.
I love the Brick House Toro and Robusto. :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:52 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
Another vote for the padron 2000 maddies if I could afford them everyday.
Posted via Mobile Device
I keep hearing about Padron 2000. I'll have to put it on my try list.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:16 PM 11-27-2009
Padron Londres Maduro. Hell any Padron for that matter.

Did I Mention Padron?
[Reply]
alley00p 01:15 AM 11-28-2009
I smoke something "small" on the way to work, pretty much every day.

Going to work cigars include
Rocky Patel Juniors - Natural and Maduro
Famous Maduritos
(All of the above are buck or less if you can find them on sale at Famous)
Hoyo De Monterrey Petites
HDM Demi-Tasse
All of these are 4" - 5" sticks with small RG's of 34 - 42. They are great when the weather is cold, since they last about 25 - 35 minutes.

I tend to smoke El Baton's, Casa Magna, Tat Angeles or Victoria's when I want a cheap stick at my B&M (these run in the $5 range).

Check out your local B&M too, to see if they have any bundles. My local B&M has Dominican Toro's, with his label on them, in both natural and maduro wrappers for $2 each, by the bundle. I always have a bundle of each and I smoke those often.

There is a lot of good advice above, especially, to try find something that you enjoy smoking. Everyone's palate is different!

:-)
[Reply]
pmwz 02:59 AM 11-28-2009
Por Larranaga montecarlo/panatella, RyJ Mille Fleurs + Jose L. Piedra petit cazadores
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 05:14 AM 11-28-2009
CFO #7's are where its at... for 50cents a stick you CANNOT beat it.
[Reply]
Dunkel 05:46 AM 11-28-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo, Perdomo Slow-Aged Lot 826, and El Mejor Emeralds in there. I also like Indian Tabac Maduro & Super Fuerte Maduro, Sancho Panza Double Maduro, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet and Maduro, and some others I'm probably forgetting.
Posted via Mobile Device
I like all those and add Perdomo Golf, Perdomo Reserve Oscuro, Victor Sinclair 10th Anniversario, and Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up