Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 23 > Last »
Sports>Tiger woods hurt in Car Crash..
iRiSh 12:52 PM 11-27-2009
Professional golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early this morning, the Florida Highway Patrol just reported.

Woods, 33, pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community about 2:-)5 a.m. when he struck a fire hydrant, and then drove into a tree at his neighbor's property, FHP reported.

Woods was transported to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee in serious condition, FHP said. No other information about his condition has been released.

A Health Central hospital employee said at 2:30 p.m. that Woods was not a patient. A hospital operator would not say if Woods had been treated and released.

FHP said the airbags in Woods' Cadillac Escalade did not deploy, which means the vehicle was traveling under 33 mph.

Orange County Fire Rescue received the call for aid at 2:-)8 a.m. Woods was transported from his Windermere-area neighborhood by the hospital's own ambulance.

FHP did not report the accident until just after 2 p.m. today. The agency said the crash remains under investigation and charges are pending.
floydpink 01:18 PM 11-27-2009
The hospital is near my house and apparantly they were keeping it quiet for a while. I hope he is ok
icehog3 01:20 PM 11-27-2009
MSN.com says it was NOT alcohol related. Good to hear it that's the fact. Hoping he is OK too.
NCRadioMan 01:25 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
MSN.com says it was NOT alcohol related. Good to hear it that's the fact. Hoping he is OK too.
All reports are saying that but something doesn't sound right about this, imo.
icehog3 01:27 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
There does appear to be a lot of "secretism" so far, Greg.
WyGuy 01:29 PM 11-27-2009
No seat buckle?
14holestogie 01:29 PM 11-27-2009
MSN is reporting he is "fine" according to his agent.

Talk about your quick recovery.
WyGuy 01:34 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
MSN is reporting he is "fine" according to his agent.

Talk about your quick recovery.
Quick recovery indeed, "seriously" injured to fine in matter of minutes!
iRiSh 01:37 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by WyGuy:
Quick recovery indeed, "seriously" injured to fine in matter of minutes!
yea its strange, how can you crash a escalade at 33mph and be seriously injuried, unless something came through the windscreen.
Ahbroody 01:39 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Hmmm all the people I have seen while working who hit a fire hydrant then a tree in the middle of the night were Duece. It takes a lot of effort for a sober person to manage that task. He likely had a few to many.
I am sure they will protect him though.
Darrell 01:42 PM 11-27-2009
I hope he is OK, however such an accident sounds like the result of a little bit too much to drink. :-)

Pair that will Thanksgiving where people tend to overindulge in spirits with friends and family and it just does not add up. :-)
Ashcan Bill 01:56 PM 11-27-2009
I don't think people usually pull out of their driveways early in the morning, proceed to hit a fire hydrant, and then plow into a tree. There has to be a little more to this story.

Sounds like he's okay according to recent reports, and that's the main thing.
floydpink 02:01 PM 11-27-2009
Just a hunch, but I have heard that off camera, Tiger has a pretty bad temper and maybe the 28 room house was too small for him and Ellen and he needed to get away and was taking out some aggression. Just a hunch..

I did see him once at my favorite English pub in Orlando with some Isleworth golf pros one night and he had no problem throwing back a few Vodka and cranberries but his celebrity wouldn't get him off a DUI if he was drunk.

He's also a regular at the Subway sub shop in Windermere, near his house but they wouldn't be open at 2am to fix him a 5 dollar footlong on Thanksgiving.
Kreth 02:03 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
I don't think people usually pull out of their driveways early in the morning, proceed to hit a fire hydrant, and then plow into a tree. There has to be a little more to this story.
Maybe he was heading out for some Black Friday shopping? :-)
It does sound alcohol-related, but it could also be something like a gas pedal sticking.
Posted via Mobile Device
pnoon 02:04 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
but his celebrity wouldn't get him off a DUI if he was drunk.
I'll take that bet.
Sauer Grapes 02:07 PM 11-27-2009
Obviously this is total speculation... but why would they say charges were pending? Maybe he was drinking? Maybe there was a domestic before hand? Maybe something else? Seems weird to say charges pending instead of no charges pending at this time.
NCRadioMan 02:07 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I'll take that bet.
Werd. Seen it happen too many times to think it couldn't happen.
Kreth 02:08 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I'll take that bet.
:-) Paris Hilton did what, 45 minutes in jail for her 2nd DWI, and people *like* Tiger.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sauer Grapes 02:09 PM 11-27-2009
Maybe he took a few too many pain pills after his knee surgery and now takes one or two every once in a while?
NCRadioMan 02:17 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Maybe he took a few too many pain pills after his knee surgery and now takes one or two every once in a while?
I was thinking the same thing. Plus, when mixed with just one drink it can amplify the effects of the meds greatly.

It's the secrecy of the whole thing that I don't like.
Page 1 of 6
1 23 > Last »
Up