Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Monoprice.com ?
kenstogie 09:54 AM 11-12-2009
Was looking for AV cables and the like and Monoprice.com http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp
came up repeatedly.

So has anyone had any dealings with them? I will say the prices are CONSIDERABLY less than anywhere else. For example my daughter needed a mini-USB to USB cable for her mp3 player. WALMART-$16
monoprice-about a $1.00. The list goes on but you get the idea.
[Reply]
cbsmokin 09:55 AM 11-12-2009
I have bought from them before. All my HDMI cables. No issues.
[Reply]
AD720 10:06 AM 11-12-2009
Monoprice is A+.

Buy with confidence, they are good to go.

My entire home theater is wired with their cables. It's not so much that they are cheap, everywhere else is just ridiculously overpriced. An HDMI cable SHOULD cost $4, not $40.
[Reply]
croatan 10:07 AM 11-12-2009
I've been using them for a few years. Best place I've found to buy cables, wire, and other accessories, by far.
[Reply]
kenstogie 10:15 AM 11-12-2009
Wow that's great!!!! I am pressing the button now!
[Reply]
T.G 10:21 AM 11-12-2009
Between what I've bought and what I've steered their way, it's been thousands of dollars worth of cables and accessories over the years - never had a problem yet.

The only minor complaint I would have, and this is only an issue in tight situations, is that most of their cables aren't very pliable. Sure they do bend, but not like Canare or Belden.
[Reply]
JE3146 10:35 AM 11-12-2009
I've been using them since I got into A/V.

Awesome company. VERY good products.
[Reply]
WhoDeySchenk 10:39 AM 11-12-2009
I bought 2 sets of HDMI cables from them 2 weeks ago, shipped fast, work great!
[Reply]
dh01 11:07 AM 11-12-2009
I only buy my cables/accessories thru them. great products and pricing
[Reply]
replicant_argent 11:16 AM 11-12-2009
www.bluejeancables.com is good too for custom work.
[Reply]
kenstogie 12:21 PM 11-12-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
Monoprice is A+.

Buy with confidence, they are good to go.

My entire home theater is wired with their cables. It's not so much that they are cheap, everywhere else is just ridiculously overpriced. An HDMI cable SHOULD cost $4, not $40.
So true! I heard that alot of the profit margin for these "guys" (like Best Buy etc) is this extra stuff. I know that I have bought the high margin stuff when I am buying a componant and need the cable too.
[Reply]
T.G 12:35 PM 11-12-2009
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
So true! I heard that alot of the profit margin for these "guys" (like Best Buy etc) is this extra stuff. I know that I have bought the high margin stuff when I am buying a componant and need the cable too.
Markup on cables at Hi-Fi stores and even Mid-Fi stores like BB is phenominal - hundreds of %, sometimes even thousands depending on the cable/accessory, that's why it's so easy for them to give you a "good deal" on cables and accessories when you buy a package, and they still end up making a killing on the cables/accessories. Percentagewise, it's their best moneymaker.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:35 PM 11-12-2009
Looking at new speaker system in the wall and this is a good link! Thanks.
[Reply]
T.G 12:45 PM 11-12-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Are you eyeing the new Monoprice in-walls? I would dig around for some reviews if you are, I looked at the specs on them a few months ago, and I wasn't impressed - but, I haven't listened to them yet, so I can't say for certain how their tonal reproduction is, but based on the specs, they'll probably be ok for moderate volume, but not high-volume or percise reproduction. Based on their specs and for their price, they are probably going to be about the same as "HT in a box" complete speaker systems costing three times more. Functional, but not great. Better than TV speakers though.:-)
[Reply]
AD720 01:40 PM 11-12-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Originally Posted by T.G:
Are you eyeing the new Monoprice in-walls? I would dig around for some reviews if you are, I looked at the specs on them a few months ago, and I wasn't impressed - but, I haven't listened to them yet, so I can't say for certain how their tonal reproduction is, but based on the specs, they'll probably be ok for moderate volume, but not high-volume or percise reproduction. Based on their specs and for their price, they are probably going to be about the same as "HT in a box" complete speaker systems costing three times more. Functional, but not great. Better than TV speakers though.:-)

I bought a set of the in-walls for my folks - the 6.5 square.

They sound pretty good.:-)
[Reply]
croatan 01:49 PM 11-12-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
I bought a set of the in-walls for my folks - the 6.5 square.

They sound pretty good.:-)
I don't have any experience with the in-walls, but I've used their in-ceilings for the rear surrounds in my 7.1 set up, for outdoor speakers, and for all-over house music at a friend's. They work fine for those applications. Don't think I'd use them for fronts or center for a home theater set up, but they're good for just about everything else, in my opinion. Based on that, I'd say the in-walls should be good for most things, too.
[Reply]
kenstogie 02:22 PM 11-12-2009
Do they sell co axial cable. As in the stuff for running the OTA antenna from my roof to my HDTV?
[Reply]
croatan 02:51 PM 11-12-2009
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
Do they sell co axial cable. As in the stuff for running the OTA antenna from my roof to my HDTV?
Yeah. http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...02&cp_id=10216
[Reply]
jledou 03:25 PM 11-12-2009
A+ site, everything I have received has been top quality for pennies on the dollar.
[Reply]
MTB996 05:38 PM 11-12-2009
another satisfied customer. Monoprice sells great products for awesome prices. customer service is great also. highly recommended.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up