Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tabacos Baez Series SF robusto
borndead1 12:30 PM 11-10-2009
Nice dark wrapper.

The cigar is rock solid and heavy in the hand for a mixed fill cigar.

Perfect draw, perfect construction. Never had a Pepin that wasn’t perfectly made.

First few draws are big blasts of earthy spice. The aroma coming from the foot is NICE. This is definitely more powerful than the regular TB, which I like but don’t go crazy for.

There is a strong earthy flavor to this cigar that balances out the spice. About 1" in, a nice floral flavor starts to come through.

About 2" in...man, I am digging this cigar. Perfect burn, draw, flavors are all over the place and the aroma is incredible. Flavor changes are just insane. Spice, earth, floral, cocoa...wow. Such a solid stick for being mixed filler too. I had to tap the ash off at about 2".

As I type with the cigar between my teeth, the aroma coming from the foot is just incredible. I dare say that your wife probably wouldn’t complain about the smell of this stogie.

At the halfway point, I would call this cigar medium "strength". The finish is relatively short and tangy. Not as much depth to the flavor as most Pepin ligero-bombs, but the subtle changes in the flavors make this one of the most interesting cigars and definitely the best NC I’ve smoked in quite a while. Still solid too. Not burning hot or collapsing like many mixed fill cigars.

Toward the end, the floral flavor intensifies and the strength of the flavor picks up a bit.

The Tabacos Baez SF is yet another winner for DPG. And the price? Incredible. The MOST expensive I’ve seen them by the box is still under $3 a stick.

:-)
[Reply]
dannysguitar 05:01 PM 11-10-2009
Thanks for the review, I've been curious about these. I guess I better give them a try!
[Reply]
poriggity 05:06 PM 11-10-2009
These are tasty! And CHEAP!
Scott
[Reply]
Zanaspus 07:17 PM 11-10-2009
Been wanting to try these, now it seems I must. :-)
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 07:24 PM 11-10-2009
I know they sell extremely well at my local B&M and like was already stated....you can't beat the price!
[Reply]
dannysguitar 04:43 PM 12-30-2009
I just tried my first TBSF last night. Needless to say I am on the hunt for a box. I called Eric at The Party Source. He's got great prices!
[Reply]
Salvelinus 05:22 AM 12-31-2009
Sounds like a good stick. Thanks for the review
[Reply]
rlmedic 06:56 AM 12-31-2009
They are incredible for SF cigar
[Reply]
darkninja67 09:48 AM 12-31-2009
Was wondering about these. Thanks for the review. They are $36 for a box of 20 robustos? damn that is a great deal.
[Reply]
roughrider 10:11 PM 12-31-2009
I need to try some of these. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
punklife505 11:35 AM 01-05-2010
Originally Posted by darkninja67:
Was wondering about these. Thanks for the review. They are $36 for a box of 20 robustos? damn that is a great deal.

Where are they at that price?
[Reply]
dannysguitar 03:31 PM 01-05-2010
Originally Posted by punklife505:
Where are they at that price?
Call Eric at The Party Source.
www.thepartysource.com. He has them at that price :-)
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 04:14 PM 01-05-2010
I must have had a bad tasting day, or be in the minority as I thought this cigar was very boring with no flavor besides cedar/leather. I was looking forward to this cigar and was very disappointed after I was done. I will have to give it another try as I usually love Pepin's cigars...
[Reply]
OHRD 06:31 AM 01-06-2010
I just had the regular TB last week and really enjoyed it. Anyone out here had both the regular and the SF? How do they compare?
[Reply]
borndead1 07:57 AM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael:
I just had the regular TB last week and really enjoyed it. Anyone out here had both the regular and the SF? How do they compare?

The SF is "bolder" than the regular.

Lowest price I've seen on them is at www.niceashcigars.com
[Reply]
jjmitchem 08:37 AM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle:
I must have had a bad tasting day, or be in the minority as I thought this cigar was very boring with no flavor besides cedar/leather. I was looking forward to this cigar and was very disappointed after I was done. I will have to give it another try as I usually love Pepin's cigars...
I am the same way, I had one a few weeks ago and wasn't thrilled - I keep hearing great things so I will have to try another.

The one I had was a corona, perhaps I should try the robusto this time

Really want to like these if for nothing other than the great price
[Reply]
NeverEnoughStick 07:50 AM 01-22-2010
I smoked the corona and got a head ache from it. But it could have something to do with being my 5th stick of the day but whos keeping track?:-) Anyway great smoke, I tried it again the other day and did not have any of the symptoms I had previously experienced. And for sub-$3 can it be beat? :-)

-NES
[Reply]
themadurokid 09:09 PM 01-29-2010
I also found this stick a tad bit on the boring side, but for the price there hard to beat!

Either way, nice review, Mark!
[Reply]
saggel 05:37 PM 02-02-2010
Got two in my humi! Can't wait to try them!
[Reply]
mcmoyer 05:55 PM 02-02-2010
Picked a couple up this weekend...we'll see. Thanks for the review!

:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up