Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>God Bless America!
Blueface 04:16 PM 10-28-2009
Many of you know based on this attached thread that today finally came and it was a special day for my wife and for our family.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22762

It was quite the experience for me. It is so, so long ago since I went through this process that frankly, memory fades. I am so glad I went with her today.

I looked around a room full of people so happy to be there to be sworn in as citizens of this truly great land.
There were soldiers in the room and were recognized for their service and thanked by all who also cheered for them.
There was a woman who recently lost her husband in combat.
There were quite a few elderly people barely able to walk to the chair they were assigned.
They came from many countries and each with a very special story of how they made it to this day.
While all had varying backgrounds and life experiences, all shared one common thing for today, for that moment. They were being sworn in as a citizen of the United States.

Many could not contain the tears when sworn in. All wept, including yours truly, when this song was played:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RssIN3ustUw

What a great land that opens its arms to foreigners like me and allows us to make a new home for ourselves. All of us come for various rooted reasons but all come for one common goal, a better life in the land that best offers that opportunity.

Sometimes it is easy to forget the simple things in life. Don't let the privilege of being a citizen of The United States of America be one you ever easily forget or take for granted.

God Bless America and God bless and protect those who serve to defend what she stands for.
[Reply]
hotreds 04:18 PM 10-28-2009
You've said it all, brother! HUGHRAH to you!
[Reply]
68TriShield 04:18 PM 10-28-2009
Give her a big kiss from Celeste and I Please :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 04:20 PM 10-28-2009
Those of us born Americans too often take it for granted. Thank you for reminding us how lucky we were to be so blessed.
[Reply]
Blindjimme 04:22 PM 10-28-2009
Congratulations and well said my brother :-)
[Reply]
SmokinApe 04:26 PM 10-28-2009
Congrats!
[Reply]
Riff Raff 04:32 PM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Those of us born Americans too often take it for granted. Thank you for reminding us how lucky we were to be so blessed.
:-) This statement has been quoted for truth!!!!!

Congrats to your wife on a great accomplishment! Now she needs to register to vote! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:40 PM 10-28-2009
Congrats to you both, My Brother! :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 04:44 PM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by Riff Raff:

Congrats to your wife on a great accomplishment! Now she needs to register to vote! :-)
Thanks to all.

More than anything, I wanted to post this to let all see how special it is to be a citizen of the US.

What is neat is that now, they give you a voter registration form and a status change form for Social Security on the front end when you walk in.
After sworn in, you can drop it off on the way out.

So, she walked away not only a citizen, but a soon to be registered voter also.
[Reply]
CBI_2 07:13 PM 10-28-2009
:-) Awesome! Congrats and thanks for sharing such a great and beautiful experience with us. I know she's been here a while but I have to say WELCOME to your new/old home. :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:21 PM 10-28-2009
That really is special. Thanks for sharing brother!!!
[Reply]
wrench turner 85 07:22 PM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Originally Posted by Riff Raff:

:-)x2 :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 07:26 PM 10-28-2009
Got a lump in my throat, Carlos. Proud of your wife for her hard work and desire. :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:12 PM 10-28-2009
We are so glad and proud of one of our favorite people, Carlos, give her a kiss and hug for us.
[Reply]
stitch 08:17 PM 10-28-2009
CONGRATS !!!!
And thank you for making the UNITED STATES your home.
You make us Better, you make us Stronger. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:34 PM 10-28-2009
Congratulations!

And no, I do not take my citizenship here for granted.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
G G 08:46 PM 10-28-2009
Great, woohoo.:-)
[Reply]
M1903A1 09:06 PM 10-28-2009
Anything I could say has already been said.

God bless you both!!! :-)
[Reply]
Veritas 02:30 AM 10-29-2009
Congratulations again to her. This is no small accomplishment.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:12 AM 10-29-2009
Thanks So Much For The Message, Carlos, & Congrats To You & Your Wife, Brother!:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up