Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>WBS Update!
WildBlueSooner 02:00 AM 10-28-2009
Hey everyone!

I apologize for my incredibly long absence from the asylum...it has not been by choice. I have been in Guam since 19 September with the Air Force. I am having a really good time but staying very busy, and the internet service is terrible at best. I truly miss you guys. Andrew has been asking for my addy over here but I know better than that, I am not trying to bring bloodshed to this island.

So what have I been doing? Well besides working I have been scuba diving a lot. I got my open water certification 2 weeks ago and am going to start my advanced soon....it is truly amazing. They say Guam is one of the best scuba destinations in the world. Soon I will be diving where there are ship wrecks and a few planes underwater.

Have I been smoking? Of course!, although not as much as I would like. Unfortunately I was not able to fit anything extra in my luggage, so I did not bring any cigars with me. However, I did find a really sweet cigar bar downtown...although I certainly pay for it. In fact I just enjoyed a sweet VSG 3 days ago...it was like heaven.

I hope everyone is doing great. I am disappointing that I have not been able to keep up with everyone better. I am going to try to get on more but the time diff makes it tough to chat real time. I am 14hrs ahead of eastern time in the states. Again, I am truly sorry for not keeping in better touch with my many friends here. Please keep leaving messages on my profile...I will read them and try to respond to them.

While I am having a good time it is tough being away from friends and family, especially my wife Kate. It truly makes me appreciate my brothers and sisters in arms who have spent much longer in much tougher places than me. Thank you all! I will be leaving sometime around the end of March...if the rumors are true, which is over 1 month longer than our original departure date.

I am adding some pictures to show how beautiful Guam is....a true tropical paradise if you take advantage of it.

God Bless!

--James--

[Reply]
GreekGodX 02:40 AM 10-28-2009
Fantastic pics! Hope you are enjoying your time out there. You should send your addy we can help you enjoy Guam even more :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 02:44 AM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Fantastic pics! Hope you are enjoying your time out there. You should send your addy we can help you enjoy Guam even more :-)
:-) Beautiful Picks!:-)
[Reply]
Azpostal 03:41 AM 10-28-2009
Excellent pics!
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 03:52 AM 10-28-2009
I am glad as is well. Glad your enjoying Guam too. Congrats on the diving cert. The pics look amazing. Take it easy and come home safe.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Veritas 04:30 AM 10-28-2009
Wow. I thought I was in an easy loaction. Enjoy Guam and all it has to offer. If you get a chance, dive Dogleg Reef. It's the one with the sunken WWII era Harley on it.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:50 AM 10-28-2009
Glad to hear you're doing great James!! And to see that the Air Force is keeping you busy playing golf and scuba diving...LOL!!!
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:08 AM 10-28-2009
Nice pictures :-)
[Reply]
G G 05:37 AM 10-28-2009
Good to hear from you James.
[Reply]
DPD6030 07:50 AM 10-28-2009
Thanks for the update James. Golf, scuba diving and cigar smoking...what more could a man want? :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 08:21 AM 10-28-2009
Glad to hear things are relatively well with you... We've missed ya around here!!
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 08:49 AM 10-28-2009
Nice pictures, sounds like the dodgy internet is worth it.
[Reply]
Blindjimme 09:56 AM 10-28-2009
Wow, nice. Your Guam visit sure beats mine. A 2 hour layover on the way to the Phillipines! At midnite! Enjoy James.
[Reply]
Prospector 10:08 AM 10-28-2009
Been wondering where you've been, James, but it does look like you're making the most out of a difficult situation:-)
Seriously though, thank you for your service.:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:13 AM 10-28-2009
Thanks for the update James. Enjoy the rest of your time and thank you for your service.
[Reply]
colimo 10:14 AM 10-28-2009
nice to hear you're ok james.....i was feeling sorry for you reading your post, until i saw those great pics :-)....have fun and stay safe...

i think we may need to contact your wife for an address....been awhile since Guam has been hit by grenades :-)
[Reply]
ade06 10:34 AM 10-28-2009
Good to here that you're doing well. Keep safe!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:03 AM 10-28-2009
Thanks for the note. Glad to hear all is well with you.

Thanks for your service.

God's blessings.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:40 PM 10-28-2009
James, my man! Welcome back to the board! Glad to see you've taken my advise - my brother The Bird (ret.) always told me that USAF spells golf!
[Reply]
CBI_2 07:40 PM 10-28-2009
Sweet pics. Thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up