Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Post Office Getting Lazy
kelmac07 07:40 AM 10-16-2009
Is it just me or is USPS getting lazy?? The past four packages I have sent via Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation, none of these packages were ever updated in the system. Nothing showed the tracking of the package, not even after it was delivered. Anyone else having this happen to them lately?
[Reply]
ahc4353 07:45 AM 10-16-2009
Have one in no mans land right now! :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:45 AM 10-16-2009
Yep. I've frequently been getting the "There is no record of that account" crap, even after the package is delivered. All of them have been with flat rate shipping labels I've printed with Click & Ship. Pisses me off. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:50 AM 10-16-2009
Same here :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 07:50 AM 10-16-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Yep. I've frequently been getting the "There is no record of that account" crap, even after the package is delivered. All of them have been with flat rate shipping labels I've printed with Click & Ship. Pisses me off. :-)
:-) This has been a source of frustration for me as well
[Reply]
Blueface 08:28 AM 10-16-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Is it just me or is USPS getting lazy?? The past four packages I have sent via Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation, none of these packages were ever updated in the system. Nothing showed the tracking of the package, not even after it was delivered. Anyone else having this happen to them lately?
Did you turn them in to a clerk or did you use the self help computer?
I find the latter never, ever gets updated.
[Reply]
LeoM 09:20 AM 10-16-2009
Yep, all the time recently.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:28 AM 10-16-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Have one in no mans land right now! :-)
:-)
[Reply]
safariguy 09:30 AM 10-16-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
This has happened to me as well the one time I tried Click and Ship from home. The package arrived alright, but there was no tracking. I took my email receipt into the local post office, while the package was enroute. They said that the tracking number did not fit the format! I told them that it absolutly fit the format the same as every other tracking number and they just would not believe me. I am going to switch to UPS.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:01 AM 10-16-2009
I have had two packages in the last two weeks say that they were delivered, only to not have them be delivered until the next day...but I believe this is an issue with my local post office and not the system.

Keep in mind, these are delivery confirmation numbers, and not "tracking" numbers.
[Reply]
bobarian 10:17 AM 10-16-2009
I dont even bother to look anymore. I just print the label and cross my fingers. :-)
[Reply]
Footbag 10:43 AM 10-16-2009
Credit where credit is due. I've been having luck recently. Sent a priority mail package out yesterday, got an update as it crossed the counter, as it left the post office, as it got sorted at destination PO and now it's marked out for delivery.
I did insure it, don't know if they treat them differently. But I do believe our local post offices customer service is way above average. They will bend over backwards if anything goes wrong. They have earned my business.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:45 AM 10-16-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Keep in mind, these are delivery confirmation numbers, and not "tracking" numbers.
I got that...then shouldn't I get confirmation that it was, in fact, delivered???
[Reply]
icehog3 10:47 AM 10-16-2009
I got that...then shouldn't I get confirmation that it was, in fact, delivered???
That you should, Michael...my comment was more a general one as I know some people mistakenly think a DC number should "track" their package....more often than not, it does not.
[Reply]
wrench turner 85 10:50 AM 10-16-2009
the last time I got one from over seas it took forever. the tracking stoped in NYC and never updated. and people wounder why ups and fedex is kicking the crap out usps. :-)
[Reply]
tsolomon 10:52 AM 10-16-2009
Posted last week in another thread, but the package did arrive safely.

I did go to the Post Office on Friday to see why it wasn't showing up in their tracking system and learned that they don't scan packages when they receive them if they already have postage on them. They said that I should use Carrier pickup if I wanted to use my own postage and have them scanned at pickup. The other thing was that they had changed their delivery company or system last week and I should give it a couple more days.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:01 AM 10-16-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
That you should, Michael...my comment was more a general one as I know some people mistakenly think a DC number should "track" their package....more often than not, it does not.
My misuse of the word "tracking" probably threw you off. I have sent five packages in the last two weeks...and not one was ever DELIVERY CONFIRMED. I used to get email updates upon delivery...now that has stopped. Might have to take a trip to my local Po this afternoon and "investigate".
[Reply]
DPD6030 11:02 AM 10-16-2009
Seems as if the USPS site is down :-) Can't log in to ship package :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:03 AM 10-16-2009
My misuse of the word "tracking" probably threw you off. I have sent five packages in the last two weeks...and not one was ever DELIVERY CONFIRMED. I used to get email updates upon delivery...now that has stopped. Might have to take a trip to my local Po this afternoon and "investigate".
I have seen the USPS.com site down several times in the last week, I believe they were doing an "upgrade"...well, time will tell on that one. :-)
[Reply]
Footbag 11:05 AM 10-16-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Seems as if the USPS site is down :-) Can't log in to ship package :-)
Ditto... The last time this happened it took 3 days to come back. Hopefully this one doesn't take that long.

Maybe I should've knocked on wood before my post above.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up