Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Restaurants With Humidors
JohnRogers 06:01 PM 10-14-2009
Here I sit my hotel room in Fort Worth Texas wondering does Fort Worth have a nice steakhouse with a walk in humidor? Surely, I think to my self yet a web search comes up empty. I did a search here about the subject finding nothing. A list by city of such places with reviews would be handy. Is that something any of the big cigar magazines do every year?
[Reply]
blugill 06:26 PM 10-14-2009
That would be very cool if there were such a place!
[Reply]
captain53 06:32 PM 10-14-2009
I have been in plenty of restaurants all over the country and I have never seen a walk in humi in one, would be pretty impressive though. I think they outlawed smoking in restaurants in Ft Worth a while back but not absolutely sure about it.:-)
[Reply]
JohnRogers 06:34 PM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by blugill:
That would be very cool if there were such a place!
They do exist in Dallas, Denver and NYC for sure. I'd bet a hundred dollars Chicago and San Fransisco to...wait-wait scratch San Fransisco.:-)

Originally Posted by :
I think they outlawed smoking in restaurants in Ft Worth a while back
Dang.
[Reply]
blugill 06:39 PM 10-14-2009
Hope the Texas Motor Speedway is all you hoped it would be!
I'm sure there is probably a place where you can find a great cigar after finding a place with a great steak though!
[Reply]
captain53 06:41 PM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by ChallengerSRT8:
They do exist in Dallas, Denver and NYC for sure. I'd bet a hundred dollars Chicago and San Fransisco to...wait-wait scratch San Fransisco.:-)

Dang.
Like I said double check that I am not positive they outlawed it in Ft Worth but seems like they did. Outlawed in Galveston and Austin I know for sure.
[Reply]
captain53 06:44 PM 10-14-2009
Local businesses weigh in on smoking ban

December 10, 2007

The haze will lift on Fort Worth’s new smoking ordinance Jan. 1, but restaurant and bar owners remain unsure what – if any – impact the more restrictive rules will have on business.

As previously reported, “the new smoking ordinance adopted by the Fort Worth City Council with a 7-2 vote on Aug. 21 places more restrictions on public places where smoking will be allowed.” Stand-alone bars and retail tobacco stores, outdoor dining areas, bingo halls and public spaces used for private functions may permit smoking; bars inside restaurants will become smoke-free, except those where “alcohol accounts for 70 percent or more of combined food and alcohol sales.”

Fort Worth’s smoking ban comes late in the game; several other Texas cities, including Arlington and Dallas, have already adopted similar measures to curb second-hand smoke exposure
[Reply]
blugill 06:46 PM 10-14-2009
BOOOOO Pleasure Police!!!!!
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 06:47 PM 10-14-2009
Here is a GREAT steak restaurant in Raleigh - The Angus Barn - and here is a link to their walk-in humidor. :-)

http://angusbarn.com/cigar.htm
[Reply]
Calexan 06:51 PM 10-14-2009
A restaurant called "Coolwater" in Fayetteville, AR used to have a smoking lounge with humidors all along the walls in the bar area. It was nice and relaxing. Dont know if its still there though. The bar was called the Mud Creek Pub with the cigar room.
[Reply]
captain53 06:53 PM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Here is a GREAT steak restaurant in Raleigh - The Angus Barn - and here is a link to their walk-in humidor. :-)

Damn, I could dine there right now! :-)
[Reply]
croatan 06:58 PM 10-14-2009
No steakhouses with walkins in Fort Worth, I'm afraid. Del Friscos used to keep a small humidor upstairs when smoking was still allowed. Pop's Safari Bar just outside of downtown has a walkin and a pretty good restaurant.
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 07:06 PM 10-14-2009
Here's a great site to check where ever you travel my brother. When I was traveling for the Fed's it sure came in handy for me.

Map Muse - Cigar Shops
[Reply]
blugill 07:13 PM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry:
Here's a great site to check where ever you travel my brother. When I was traveling for the Fed's it sure came in handy for me.

Map Muse - Cigar Shops
Very cool site!!!!
[Reply]
Starscream 07:33 PM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:

Looks great! Next time I'm in Raleigh...:-)
[Reply]
Norcal_aaron 07:36 PM 10-14-2009
I think Porters in Bend OR, has a humi., I know they are cigar friendly and have a nice patio in the back. Ohh and by the way they have some great steaks as well.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:38 PM 10-14-2009
There aren't many cigars in restaurants in my area b/c of the smoking ban, but Montgomery Inn has a display humidor. Most are the lower-end smokes with high price tags. I did manage to find a few smokes with yellow cello though and I bought a few :-)
[Reply]
JJG 08:53 PM 10-14-2009
yep, no more smoke friendly restaurants allowed in Houston either, but the saddest part for me is that they outlawed smoking in bars and pubs too. I used to really enjoy a nice cocktail and a cigar. Not all places permitted cigar smoking but some of my favorite watering holes used to have a cigar menu and maintained humidors behind the bar. :-)
[Reply]
wavescrashing 09:49 PM 10-14-2009
I'd love to find a place like this. The closest thing I've found is ordering sushi near a lounge I go to occasionally. They deliver it to me, I eat, have a beer, then I smoke. Still pretty cool once you wave the thick cloud of smoke from your food, lol.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 09:50 PM 10-14-2009
The only place I know of in San Francisco is a bar that I've been to, very cool place.

http://www.bourbonandbranch.com/?caseid=main

Click on Russells room.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up