Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Songs that Just Get Under Your Skin
Mr. Ed 02:15 PM 10-12-2009
I was eating lunch at a local sandwich shop today and this incredibly annoying song popped up. Party in the U.S.A by Miley Cyrus. Wow, I don't claim to be a musical elitist and I certainly don't think I have the prerogative to tell people what music they should listen to, but this was pretty awful.

What other songs get under your skin?
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:18 PM 10-12-2009
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed:
I was eating lunch at a local sandwich shop today and this incredibly annoying song popped up. Party in the U.S.A by Miley Cyrus. Wow, I don't claim to be a musical elitist and I certainly don't think I have the prerogative to tell people what music they should listen to, but this was pretty awful.

Any song by U2, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift
[Reply]
goalie204 02:55 PM 10-12-2009
that god damn "poker face" song by whoever. DIE! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 03:00 PM 10-12-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
that god damn "poker face" song by whoever. DIE! :-) :-)
That song...... at the gym or physical therapy........ ugggggggggghhhhhhhh :-)
[Reply]
dannyboy 03:12 PM 10-12-2009
Most of the songs that are coming out now...at least the ones that get radio play here on the pop stations. There is some new rock that I like, but most all of the MTV and pop stations play music that I think is absolute garbage...I guess some people like it though, to each their own, I guess

Oh, and Dave Matthews, can't stand his voice
[Reply]
BlackDog 03:28 PM 10-12-2009
My 3 y/o son likes Barney, and one of the videos has a corny "ducky" song. That stupid song got stuck in my head recently. I told my 15 y/o daughter about it, and that I thought I was going to have to kill myself.

Her reply was, "I think everyone will understand." :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:28 PM 10-12-2009
Any Ipod commercial song.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 03:37 PM 10-12-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Any Ipod commercial song.
Or that new T-mobile commercial with the Cat Stevens song? Gettin' on mah nerves...
[Reply]
The Poet 04:08 PM 10-12-2009
I lived in Nashville back when Charlie Daniels was hot. "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" makes me just gag now.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:33 PM 10-12-2009
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed:

Yeah! It's a party in the USA. Yeah! It's a party in the USA.
I feel your pain... I hear that song almost everyday while at the gym.

I'm sorry but I cannot stand that Doughtry guy.... I just can't hearing his voice/music.
[Reply]
ActionAndy 05:03 PM 10-12-2009
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Yeah! It's a party in the USA. Yeah! It's a party in the USA.
I feel your pain... I hear that song almost everyday while at the gym.

I'm sorry but I cannot stand that Doughtry guy.... I just can't hearing his voice/music.
Yup. He doesn't sound like a musician, he sounds like a talented karaoke singer. It sounds like just background, studio, "clip-art" music with someone performing over the top of it. Can't stand any of that stuff.

Anything Nickelback. Any new Green Day (wow you guys got political at such an oddly convenient time...).

Don't Stop Believin' by Journey! That might be the one that irritates me the most. I've learned that whenever a girl in the bar shouts "oh my god, I love this song!" what she actually means is: oh my god, I know the words to this song. It's just ubiquitous, mediocre, obvious music.
[Reply]
sikk50 05:22 PM 10-12-2009
Let's see....

All U2, Snoop Dog, anything 80's hair band style, umm Madona...

And the grand champion of songs that make me want to stick pencils through my ears is...(drum roll)..."Wetter" by Twista it's that "I need a daddy, will you be my daddy" song
[Reply]
icehog3 05:28 PM 10-12-2009
Originally Posted by ActionAndy:
Don't Stop Believin' by Journey! That might be the one that irritates me the most. I've learned that whenever a girl in the bar shouts "oh my god, I love this song!" what she actually means is: oh my god, I know the words to this song. It's just ubiquitous, mediocre, obvious music.
"Born and raised in South Detroit...."

God, I hate that song, and I like a lot of Journey's older stuff.

One song I hate more....."C'mon Eileen". I hate it, hate it, hate it!
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:29 PM 10-12-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
"Born and raised in South Detroit...."

God, I hate that song, and I like a lot of Journey's older stuff.

One song I hate more....."C'mon Eileen". I hate it, hate it, hate it!
:-) You do?
[Reply]
icehog3 05:33 PM 10-12-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
:-) You do?
Don't start with me, Mr. Smalls.... :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:34 PM 10-12-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Don't start with me, Mr. Smalls.... :-)
:-), :-)

Please don't get the phone booth...
[Reply]
icehog3 05:35 PM 10-12-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
:-), :-)

Please don't get the phone booth...
:-) :-)

Miss you, Brother, hope we get to hang before next August...we can listen to some real music...maybe some Ramones! :-)
[Reply]
M1903A1 06:00 PM 10-12-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I lived in Nashville back when Charlie Daniels was hot. "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" makes me just gag now.

Look up a spoof of it called "The Devil Went To Jamaica".

"I'll bet a million in cash, against your stash, 'cuz I think mine's better than yours!"

:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
nozero 06:03 PM 10-12-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0

Herbert Khaury (April 12, 1932 – November 30, 1996), better known by the stage name Tiny Tim performing Tiptoe through the Tulips. May he rest in peace.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:15 PM 10-12-2009
Anything by Boy George
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up