Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Sports>Farve vs. Packers
BlackDog 03:52 PM 10-05-2009
2:40 'til kick off. I hope it's an exciting game. I almost never watch more than a quarter or so of a game, but I have the green light to watch the whole game tonight. I hope the Vikings play well, and I hope the Packers try to kick Farve's arse.
[Reply]
TripleF 03:54 PM 10-05-2009
Nuttin' against The Pack, I'm a huge Favre fan. Always have been. Wish he was still in GB, cuz he WAS Green Bay.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:57 PM 10-05-2009
I'm no big Farve fan, and haven't been a GB fan since the Lombardi days, yet I still could not watch this. Him in Viking purple, against the Pack? To me it'd be like watching Granny get gang-banged.
[Reply]
Kreth 03:57 PM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Nuttin' against The Pack, I'm a huge Favre fan. Always have been. Wish he was still in GB, cuz he WAS Green Bay.
Funny you should say that. This ex-Vikings fan is hoping his career ends against GB tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
14holestogie 04:03 PM 10-05-2009
I just hope the class comes through tonight. If that's the case, Rodgers beats Favre.

I wish no ill will to Favre and don't begrudge him the chance to extend his career, but it's his choice to make this a vendetta. Go get him, Pack!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 04:04 PM 10-05-2009
GO PACK GO!

Regardless of what favre does, in the end he'll always be remembered as a Packer. No doubt.
[Reply]
Tazziedevil 04:08 PM 10-05-2009
I'll be watching it as well. Amazing the game of the year is week 4!

I have no vested interest in either team wining, but I do predict the vikings over the pack, 24-20.
[Reply]
Tenor CS 04:10 PM 10-05-2009
I'm a dolphins fan, so I have no dog in this fight, but I will say this about Favre:

I LOVE how, even at this late stage in his career, he plays with so much enthusiasm and desire to win. It's not just about a payday for him.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 04:28 PM 10-05-2009
Perhaps this will be the year the Vikings win their first Superbowl under Grampa Favray, and win it for 6 years in a row, until Brett needs a walker with tennis balls to come off the sidelines. And then the Ducky and Bunny party, and the chocolate fountains will flow in the streets, with golden lollipops and gumdrop fancy things.
[Reply]
E.J. 04:33 PM 10-05-2009
I think you will be hard pressed to find a Q in the NFL that will run 40 yards downfield and hurl himself into a block against one of the better hitting linebackers in the league(Patrick Willis).... This happened last week in the Vikings game against the 49ers. It is the EXACT reason I am happy BF is back in the league and cannot wait for the game this evening.....

I don't care who wins, but hope it lives up to the hype I have for it....
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 04:35 PM 10-05-2009
It's really a shame that so very many Brett Favre (GB) Fans, have turned against the man who brought them years of exciting football!

Favre is one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game. Yes, he is a bit older than the other quarterbacks out there at this time, but few others are as skilled and even fewer have a true love of the game. His talent and especially his love of the game make him a winner!

I hope Minnesota (Favre) teaches GB (Rogers) a lesson on what is all about tonight!!!
[Reply]
The Poet 04:38 PM 10-05-2009
J-Flake has a good point, and I myself will not bash Brett. It's just the thought of him playing in Lambeau as a Viking that's irks me.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:53 PM 10-05-2009
I'm more worried about Adrian Peterson... I'm only up 8 points in my fantasy league. I'm more interested in the Packers defense! Go PACKERS!!!!

I guess the whole Farve vs Packers will be a great watch as well.
[Reply]
Jbailey 04:59 PM 10-05-2009
Always enjoyed the Packers and Farve. I don't wish for anyone to get hurt or any injuries. I just think this will be one of the most interesting football games in a long time.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 04:59 PM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
J-Flake has a good point, and I myself will not bash Brett. It's just the thought of him playing in Lambeau as a Viking that's irks me.
No worries...

For now....

Tonights game in in the Humpty Dumpty Dome. :-)
[Reply]
WhoDeySchenk 05:04 PM 10-05-2009
GO PACK GO! as the Pack are my "back-up" team (married into them) erm...but I want Adrian Peterson to have a GREAT game so I can seal my victory this week in fantasy!
[Reply]
slyder 05:48 PM 10-05-2009
Is Farve actually gonna play? I heard he was having second thoughts. :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 06:01 PM 10-05-2009
Some light reading for all of those drinking the Favre Kool Aide.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...0&sportCat=nfl
[Reply]
Kreth 06:12 PM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by slyder:
Is Farve actually gonna play? I heard he was having second thoughts. :-)
That was an hour ago. He's back in. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
E.J. 06:13 PM 10-05-2009
Well....I am ready for some football.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up