Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Sports>Jets vs. Saints
macpappy 10:05 AM 10-05-2009
Now that's what I would call a good defensive football game!

I would say congratulations to the Jets Defense for playing a very good game yesterday, but I don't believe in congratulating the losing team. That being said, I saw why the Jets defense was called "the #1 defense in the NFL".

The Saints defense also deserves some serious respect. They came away with the four takeaways (two for touchdowns) and limited the Jets offense.

The Jets D may have limited the Saints to 10 points offensively, but did you notice that there were no sacks, no interceptions?

I think we may see a rematch of this game in the post season.
[Reply]
timo 10:17 AM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Now that's what I would call a good defensive football game!

I would say congratulations to the Jets Defense for playing a very good game yesterday, but I don't believe in congratulating the losing team. That being said, I saw why the Jets defense was called "the #1 defense in the NFL".

The Saints defense also deserves some serious respect. They came away with the four takeaways (two for touchdowns) and limited the Jets offense.

The Jets D may have limited the Saints to 10 points offensively, but did you notice that there were no sacks, no interceptions?

Image:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 10:21 AM 10-05-2009
I Just Hope The Saints Make The Playoffs This Year!:-):-)
[Reply]
macpappy 11:07 AM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by Spitnchew:
No. I just think the Patriots are overrated.
[Reply]
Resipsa 11:54 AM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by Spitnchew:
No. I just think the Patriots are overrated.
And therefore the Jets are going to the SB?

Insane seems appropriate here, :-)
[Reply]
timo 01:39 PM 10-05-2009
:-):-)
[Reply]
macpappy 02:46 PM 10-05-2009
obviously no Jets fans are going to take the bait.
[Reply]
coastietech 03:56 PM 10-05-2009
I'll take the bait...

Jets' will win the division... We have already beat the Pats and no one else in our division is any good. Dolphins SUCK, and now that they lost Chad they have no chance. Bill are choke artists. So yes we will make the playoffs and I will put cigars or whatever else on that statement!

As for the Saints/Jets' game... Sanchez made some rookie mistakes. It's to be expected out of a rookie as great as he may be. He has some serious ball handling issues that need to be worked out. He has shown this in more than one game so far.

With that said our defense held a record breaking scoring team to 10 points. One stop being first and goal on the 2 yard line and the Saints still couldn't get in.

Say what you want about the Jets', poo poo their victories, doesn't matter because we are a contender.

Sanchez will only get better. He will only become more of a threat. He will stop making rookie mistakes as the season progresses. Our defense will only become faster and better. Pace will be back next week or the week after and our defense will be that much more of a threat.

As for the no sack or interceptions, BFD. Brees couldn't get anything going with our rush. Rieves is a shutdown corner and has shown that every game he has played. Our defense has only allowed 1, I'll say that again 1!!!!, touchdown in 4 games. Think about that for a second.

I've got a 10pk that says the Jets will be the AFC East division champs. If you don't think so then call me on it. :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 06:09 PM 10-05-2009
:-)
Oh lord the insanity is spreading.

[Reply]
timo 06:16 PM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
I'll take the bait...

Jets' will win the division... We have already beat the Pats and no one else in our division is any good. Dolphins SUCK, and now that they lost Chad they have no chance. Bill are choke artists. So yes we will make the playoffs and I will put cigars or whatever else on that statement!

As for the Saints/Jets' game... Sanchez made some rookie mistakes. It's to be expected out of a rookie as great as he may be. He has some serious ball handling issues that need to be worked out. He has shown this in more than one game so far.

With that said our defense held a record breaking scoring team to 10 points. One stop being first and goal on the 2 yard line and the Saints still couldn't get in.

Say what you want about the Jets', poo poo their victories, doesn't matter because we are a contender.

Sanchez will only get better. He will only become more of a threat. He will stop making rookie mistakes as the season progresses. Our defense will only become faster and better. Pace will be back next week or the week after and our defense will be that much more of a threat.

As for the no sack or interceptions, BFD. Brees couldn't get anything going with our rush. Rieves is a shutdown corner and has shown that every game he has played. Our defense has only allowed 1, I'll say that again 1!!!!, touchdown in 4 games. Think about that for a second.

I've got a 10pk that says the Jets will be the AFC East division champs. If you don't think so then call me on it. :-)
[Reply]
timo 06:18 PM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
:-)
Oh lord the insanity is spreading.

It's starting to become delusions:-)
[Reply]
macpappy 09:15 PM 10-05-2009
I'll take the bait...

Never said the Jets weren't a contender. Never said they didn't have a good defense and that they didn't have a good game. Nevery poo-poo'ed their victories. They way I see it, the Jets beat the Patriots and that wasn't easy.

However here is something you should consider. Thanks to the Saint's defense, the Saints jumped out to a 17 pt lead in the second quarter. That means the Saints were 17 points in front of the Jets and it changes how the offensive coordinator and the head coach calls the game. Do you really think that the Saints would have gone for it on 4th down that many times if they weren't up by 17 points? Coaches call different plays when they are playing with a good lead as opposed to if they are in a close game or trailing. If they game would have been closer I think the Saints would have taken the field goals and wouldn't have left the points on the field.

Hey! Believe it or not I like the Jets. I followed the Jets when I was stationed on Governors Island for 3 years and back then they weren't nearly as good as they are this year.
[Reply]
OLS 06:44 AM 10-06-2009
PERSONALLY...I am just happy that the entire league is looking at the Saints as
more than just a perennial doormat. I lived that, as did Macpappy, and take it
from us, it was NO FUN. We still watched every week, we still got indigestion
as the Saints blew slim leads, wasted the careers of great players, got some joy as
we fielded maybe the greatest corps of linebackers ever to play as a unit, and still
lost in the first round of the playoffs. We had Conrad Dobler for a minute, drafted
Russel Erxleben as a high pick, had the Snake for a minute,
had Kerry Collins, lol, watched Archie Who run for his ever-lovin life on every play.....
too much to recall in this space. But man, we loved em.

OH, and we also were the first team Tampa Bay every beat. After something like 25-6
straight losses. AND we had Tom Dempsey.
[Reply]
dogface_313 07:21 AM 10-06-2009
Patriots will still take the AFC East. Jets got Brady and the offense on a bad day. Ravens defense is just as formidable if not more so than the jets. Sanchez showed he has some weak spots last game. Jets won't win more than 10 games this year, despite their weak schedule.
[Reply]
coastietech 09:29 AM 10-06-2009
Funny thing is not one person has taken me up on my bet... :-)

Ryan, the Ravens defense isn't anywhere on par with our defense this year. We have one of the best in the league. I would go so far as to say that at this point in the season no one in the league has a better defense then the Jets. If you really feel the Pats are going to win the AFC East then take me up on my offer... Hell I'll even throw in another 10 sticks saying that we win more than 10 games this year, since you don't seem to think we will. :-)
[Reply]
macpappy 09:51 AM 10-06-2009
Funny thing is not one person has taken me up on my bet... :-)

Ryan, the Ravens defense isn't anywhere on par with our defense this year. We have one of the best in the league. I would go so far as to say that at this point in the season no one in the league has a better defense then the Jets. If you really feel the Pats are going to win the AFC East then take me up on my offer... Hell I'll even throw in another 10 sticks saying that we win more than 10 games this year, since you don't seem to think we will. :-)
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/by...ense&cat=Total
According to this, the Jets currently have the #3 defense in the league.
[Reply]
Volt 09:53 AM 10-06-2009
I grew up a aint's fan. Wonder where that paper bag is????? It is good to see them over the past few years become a team that requires the competitor to be serious about them. I would love to see them advanve deep into the playoffs.
[Reply]
dogface_313 12:24 PM 10-06-2009
I'll take the bait...

"I'll be your huckalberry"
Count me in for double pleasure! watching the Pats win the AFC East over the jets, and smoking those cigars while they win the AFC and then Superbowl!
[Reply]
coastietech 02:40 PM 10-06-2009
Originally Posted by dogface_313:
"I'll be your huckalberry"
Count me in for double pleasure! watching the Pats win the AFC East over the jets, and smoking those cigars while they win the AFC and then Superbowl!
Your on bro... :-)
[Reply]
2000ARMY 04:11 AM 10-07-2009
lol at coastie ..... You beat the Pats in Week 2 ..... without Wes Welker, Mayo injured very early, Tom Brady's 2nd game back after being out a year. Congrats on the win. TB is going to pick your team apart in Foxboro and then again in the playoffs. The Jets gave it all in Week 2 ... they won their "Superbowl".

There is no reason the Jets should not finish 13-3.

The Jets play 2 hard teams .... Pats and Colts. And even then the Colts might be resting Peyton in week 16(15th game). So the pressure is on the Jets. We will see.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up