Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>DPG Firecracker
Don Fernando 04:00 AM 09-24-2009
Is this Don Pepin Garcia’s answer to the Nub? I don’t know, all I know is that Don Pepin created a very small 3x 50 cigar in the same blend as the popular blue series and with a innovative shape and called it ‘the firecracker’. The pictures will show why that name is so well chosen.

The top has a long pigtail and once you open the box it looks like you look down to a box of TNT. The foot of the cigar isn’t cut, the tobacco leaves are folded close. The dark wrapper has just a few veins. The predraw, which gives me a mild peppery flavor, is fine just as the construction.

Pepper with some sweetness is the first flavors I taste. On the background some wood and leather are taking their turns to show up. Halfway the sweetness disappears. Somewhat later the pepper disappears too and I get a nice warm creamy wooden chocolate flavor.

Even though this is a very small stick, it lasted me about an hour. The smoke is very nice, thick, a bit bluish and there is plenty of it. The folded foot makes the cigar a bit hard to light. The ash is nice and white.

Don’t let this cigar full you. It is full bodied and full flavored and gave me a bit of vitamin N.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yeah, once the box I have is empty I will get myself another one. I gave half a box away before I smoked this cigar, and now I am sorry.

Appearance: 9 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 8 / 10
[Reply]
longknocker 04:40 AM 09-24-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Is this Don Pepin Garcia’s answer to the Nub? I don’t know, all I know is that Don Pepin created a very small 3x 50 cigar in the same blend as the popular blue series and with a innovative shape and called it ‘the firecracker’. The pictures will show why that name is so well chosen.

The top has a long pigtail and once you open the box it looks like you look down to a box of TNT. The foot of the cigar isn’t cut, the tobacco leaves are folded close. The dark wrapper has just a few veins. The predraw, which gives me a mild peppery flavor, is fine just as the construction.

Pepper with some sweetness is the first flavors I taste. On the background some wood and leather are taking their turns to show up. Halfway the sweetness disappears. Somewhat later the pepper disappears too and I get a nice warm creamy wooden chocolate flavor.

Even though this is a very small stick, it lasted me about an hour. The smoke is very nice, thick, a bit bluish and there is plenty of it. The folded foot makes the cigar a bit hard to light. The ash is nice and white.

Don’t let this cigar full you. It is full bodied and full flavored and gave me a bit of vitamin N.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yeah, once the box I have is empty I will get myself another one. I gave half a box away before I smoked this cigar, and now I am sorry.

Appearance: 9 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 8 / 10
Great Review, Ferdie! I love everything about these smokes!
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:30 AM 09-24-2009
Thanks for the review Ferdie...I enjoy these myself!! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 05:43 AM 09-24-2009
Is it better to pinch the cap off or clip it? I usually clip myself, as I'm afraid of damaging the stick.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:22 AM 09-24-2009
I clipped it.
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:16 AM 09-24-2009
Nice review.....never had but will be on the hunt....... I love the blue series
[Reply]
McSmokey 08:22 AM 09-24-2009
nice review gonna have to find some of these
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:09 AM 09-24-2009
These are great little smokes. Thanks for the review Ferdie.

2 Guy's Smoke Shop in New Hampshire is the only vendor for them.
[Reply]
BlackDog 10:48 AM 09-24-2009
I gotta get some of those.
[Reply]
Mr B 10:58 AM 09-24-2009
Nice review and pics. I love the Blues but have not tried this one yet. Looking forward to finding one.
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 11:16 AM 09-24-2009
If I'm not mistaken, DPG originally released the Firecracker just prior to the 4th of July back in 2007.

But to the best of my knowledge it is in fact an exclusive to Two Guys Smoke Shop in New Hampshire.
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:42 AM 09-24-2009
Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry:
If I'm not mistaken, DPG originally released the Firecracker just prior to the 4th of July back in 2007.

But to the best of my knowledge it is in fact an exclusive to Two Guys Smoke Shop in New Hampshire.
Yes it is exclusive...I go there often as it is 10 min from my house and for some reason people overlook this cigar as more novelty than substance.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:46 AM 09-24-2009
I feel another groupbuy coming up Bao :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:47 AM 09-24-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I feel another groupbuy coming up Bao :-)
:-)
[Reply]
dunng 12:26 PM 09-24-2009
Much better than a Nub! :-)
[Reply]
Red 02:07 PM 09-24-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
Much better than a Nub! :-)
way better, and i think its been around longer!!!

one of the best quicker smokes out there period
[Reply]
dogface_313 03:31 PM 09-25-2009
I'm going to be home for my Wedding towards the end of Oct, I will have to stop into 2 guys
[Reply]
pgagnon 03:36 PM 09-25-2009
strangely enough, i smoked one of those.

It was really good, as good as it looks i might add
[Reply]
Powers 09:56 PM 09-27-2009
nice review!

they are tasty :-)
[Reply]
Slavac 10:44 PM 09-27-2009
Anyone feel up for a few box split?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up