Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Mad as heck at a retailer
MajorCaptSilly 04:44 PM 09-18-2009
I ordered some of the Cain Habano Robustos from an online retailer on 9/4. The website stated that they were in stock as of 9/1. I received instant confirmation of my order and my card was charged immediately. Even allowing for the holiday, I thought it was odd that my order hadn't shown "shipped" status by 9/10 since I thought they were in stock an all. I used the online contact form in the "Contact Us" section to inquire on my order. I got no response from that. On the 11th I emailed customer support directly. I got no response from that. I emailed them again on the 14th. Once again, no response for 24 hours. I called them on the 15th and a nice lady told me they were are on backorder but were expected in "today". I told her about my frustration with their order status updates and not answering my inquiries. She said they'd throw in a couple samples. As of today my order still hadn't shipped. I answered the email they sent confirming our conversation on the
15th with a question as to why the cigars hadn't shipped and when they expect to ship. They replied they expect them in on Monday or I could get a refund. A little communication on the front end of this deal would have made me happy. I don't think I should even have to inquire when something is on backorder if it is not clearly shown on the website. I've dealt with this vendor twice: My first time and my last time.

I'm not going to mention the sites name but it is currently stating that the Cain Habano is still in stock as of 9/14/09. Just not for me.

MCS

P.S. I'm not mentioning the site's name for a certain reason. I don't want to start a flame war. Just want to vent. I won't answer PM's asking the site's name.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:47 PM 09-18-2009
So who is it? :-)

That sux, bro! Vent on!
[Reply]
stevieray 04:47 PM 09-18-2009
Don't worry, be happy :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 04:51 PM 09-18-2009
c'est la vie mon ami.

*as I'm knocking on wood hoping this doesn't happen to me*
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:51 PM 09-18-2009
There may be a reason they call 'em Cain!!!:-)

Sorry, Bro!!!
[Reply]
The Poet 04:52 PM 09-18-2009
How about a contest? Whoever first guesses the vendor gets the Cains the Major can't. :-)

Hope you feel better with a bit of steam released.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:53 PM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Don't worry, be happy :-)
Holy crap! You're right!! Everything is better now.:-)

MCS
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:54 PM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
There may be a reason they call 'em Cain!!!:-)

Sorry, Bro!!!

Because you're not "Abel" to get them? Waka Waka

MCS
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:56 PM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
So who is it? :-)

That sux, bro! Vent on!

Danzig Cigar Company. I think his mother is running the place.

MCS
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:02 PM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Danzig Cigar Company. I think his mother is running the place.

MCS
No way! Danzig's mom doesn't lie! :-)
[Reply]
Cigary 05:04 PM 09-18-2009
I think we've all been there with this kind of thing. I did the same thing with a box of 1932 Padilla Churchill Sigs. and kept calling and emailing for an order that I put in ( was in stock ) and paid for and was going into week 3 when they finally called me back and said my order was on backorder. I told them it was in stock and my card was charged when I put it in initially and all I got in return was ,,,"Sorry." Needless to say I don't use them anymore.
[Reply]
newlifetaxidermy 05:31 PM 09-18-2009
Ordered my box of Cains from JJ @ mycigarlink.com (member here). After the order was placed online, he called to thank me and confirm the order. Order was received a few days later. That is the kind of service I appreciate.
[Reply]
BlackDog 05:35 PM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed:
*as I'm knocking on wood hoping this doesn't happen to me*
Which is the exact reason why I think names should be named in these sorts of situations. If the retailer gets called on the carpet it's far less likely to happen again in the future.
[Reply]
captain53 05:38 PM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Which is the exact reason why I think names should be named in these sorts of situations. If the retailer gets called on the carpet it's far less likely to happen again in the future.
:-)
[Reply]
bookman 05:38 PM 09-18-2009
Because you're not "Abel" to get them? Waka Waka

MCS

Comedy genius!!!!:-):-)
[Reply]
dunng 05:47 PM 09-18-2009
Good thing there a plenty of quality online retailers out there... :-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 06:37 PM 09-18-2009
That sucks Scott...ummm that's all I have to say....
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 06:44 PM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:

One of our members works there. I'm quite torn.

MCS
[Reply]
joeybear 07:16 PM 09-18-2009
You'd think members would take care of members and at least be honest. If not, as it appears to be, then they deserve to be outted for their shitty customer service.
[Reply]
captain53 07:20 PM 09-18-2009
One of our members works there. I'm quite torn.

MCS
PM the member give him the opportunity to correct everything and if that fails let it all fall out. If he corrects it let the masses know he did so and The End.:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Up