Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Trying to be a good hostess.
Cigargal 11:52 AM 09-08-2009
Over the weekend we had our neighbor's parents staying in our guest bedroom. There was a crowd at their house so we were happy to have them. John is a cigar smoker and every time he visits I give him something good to smoke. He buys his cigars at Rite-Aid drugstore! I put one of my humis out on the piano bench and told him to help himself over the weekend. He was thrilled.

Last night everyone had left to go home except the parents and we had a nice bbq and a smoke on the back deck. I asked John if he had helped himself to a nice cigar and he said he had. He held it up and said "I think I found one I will like." I almost fell out of my chair...He had grabbed a 1987 Monte 5 that I had received from DaKlugs in a box pass.

When I could speak again, I told him that he would love it. It fit his taste profile to a T. I also told him that it was from 1987 and he was thrilled...but he didn't even offer a PPP!!! LOL-that's what I get for trying to be a good hostess. He loved the cigar and that is all that matters.
[Reply]
sikk50 12:09 PM 09-08-2009
Well that makes you the role model for generosity
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 12:16 PM 09-08-2009
So can I come over to your next dinner party? Please!!!
[Reply]
markem 12:18 PM 09-08-2009
Gotta hand it to you, M. Grace under pressure for sure! Be sure to never mention that story around the neighborhood (I know you won't) so that it doesn't get back to him.

Your entry in your karma account has certainly skyrocketed. May be time to calculate some dividends.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 12:23 PM 09-08-2009
Originally Posted by Cigargal:
It fit his taste profile to a T.
That would be the Rite-Aid taste profile? :-)
[Reply]
Cigargal 12:25 PM 09-08-2009
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
That would be the Rite-Aid taste profile? :-)
nah! When he comes over I try to give him a mild to med smoke. He likes Parti Lille Fleurs and some of the R&J's. For his birthday I gave him a PSD #2 tubo. He loved it.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 12:34 PM 09-08-2009
You are a good person letting him smoke that. I would have tried to talk him out of it..:-):-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 12:37 PM 09-08-2009
You are a very nice hostess indeed.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 12:41 PM 09-08-2009
Tee Hee. Experienced gets added to "good" now. Having a separate place you store the "nummies" does not make you any less good. :-)
[Reply]
Cigargal 12:52 PM 09-08-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Tee Hee. Experienced gets added to "good" now. Having a separate place you store the "nummies" does not make you any less good. :-)
I even have two other desk tops and two coolerdors. Duh! I just wasn"t thinking. But like I said, John is a great guy and I am happy to share with him.
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:54 PM 09-08-2009
Very gracious indeed!! :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 12:57 PM 09-08-2009
Yay for Marianne! :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:49 PM 09-08-2009
Those fit my taste profile, Marianne!!!

I'm leaving Chico right now!!! J/K :-)

Seriously, you're a gracious hostess and I can't wait to come stay with you!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Cigargal 02:16 PM 09-08-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Those fit my taste profile, Marianne!!!

I'm leaving Chico right now!!! J/K :-)

Seriously, you're a gracious hostess and I can't wait to come stay with you!!!
You keep promising! Pray for lots of rain and snow this year so we have water in the lake and I will try and have another Lake herf.
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:24 PM 09-08-2009
Originally Posted by Cigargal:
You keep promising! Pray for lots of rain and snow this year so we have water in the lake and I will try and have another Lake herf.
I'll pray for rain and snow, and you keep the old Montes coming!!!:-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 04:55 PM 09-08-2009
The best hostesses are gracious under pressure. You obviously deserve the term "best." :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:02 PM 09-08-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
The best hostesses are gracious under pressure. You obviously deserve the term "best." :-)

That really was classy!!
[Reply]
Cigargal 06:33 PM 09-08-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Thank you. I like to think I treat my friends well. Like Dave-if I had a whole box of goodies like that I would invite my friends over:-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 06:39 PM 09-08-2009
Karma will definately take care of you. Think of how bad you'd feel if you said "Oh no! Not that one!"

MCS
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:31 PM 09-08-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Karma will definately take care of you. Think of how bad you'd feel if you said "Oh no! Not that one!"

MCS
That's what everbody says to me about my own cigars!!!:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up