Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>I finally bought a handgun.
shilala 08:50 AM 09-02-2009
I've carried a protection permit for 20 years, but I've not owned a handgun in my adult life. I never felt good about a handgun in the house with kids. Always shot someone else's or the old man's or my brother's or girlfriend's.
I taught my daughter how to shoot when she was about 8, but we haven't gone shooting for about a year. She's a lethal weapon. She can group as well or better than her Dad.
It's Fall here in PA now, and that's shooting time, and I want to take the baby girl shooting. She's big enough to handle the 9mm now, she's learned how to shoot on a .22 Ruger.
Grice's (a great big gun shop right over the hill from here) had a big sale this month.
I landed this Smith & Wesson Sigma SW9VE, holster, and 500 rounds of 9mm frangible ammo for under 400 bucks.
So far I burned up 250 rounds.
At 30 feet I can put 14 out of 15 in a 6" group 100% of the time, rapid firing (about 15 seconds for 15 rounds). The gun is perfectly balanced for me, the recoil is perfect, and the sights settle in before I'm even ready to bark another round off. I have to slow myself down.
At 30 yards, I can only put about 6 or 7 out of 15 in a 6" group.
I'm gonna try to talk my little brother into running across the range with a paper plate on a stick and see how I do. :-)
Anyways, here she is...

[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:55 AM 09-02-2009
A good buy, congrats! The best firearm in the world is the one you shoot well.
[Reply]
e-man67 08:56 AM 09-02-2009
Beauty! I gotta get my CC license one of these days.
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:56 AM 09-02-2009
Very nice!!!

I like those green bullets... are those for practice???
:-)
[Reply]
dunng 08:57 AM 09-02-2009
Hey, I have the same one! Picked it up for $269.00 a few years back! :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 09:00 AM 09-02-2009
Nice giong Scott. I've avoided having a handgun in the house too for the same reason, not comfortable having one with kids around. I do keep a 12ga pump shotgun in the bedroom closet though.

Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Very nice!!!

Hopefully they're the ones he's going to use when his brother carries the paper plate. :-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 09:01 AM 09-02-2009
Very nice....I just picked up my first pistol not too long ago. Looking forward to getting out and shooting it. Just haven't had time yet.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:01 AM 09-02-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I've carried a protection permit for 20 years, but I've not owned a handgun in my adult life. I never felt good about a handgun in the house with kids. Always shot someone else's or the old man's or my brother's or girlfriend's.
I taught my daughter how to shoot when she was about 8, but we haven't gone shooting for about a year. She's a lethal weapon. She can group as well or better than her Dad.
It's Fall here in PA now, and that's shooting time, and I want to take the baby girl shooting. She's big enough to handle the 9mm now, she's learned how to shoot on a .22 Ruger.
Grice's (a great big gun shop right over the hill from here) had a big sale this month.
I landed this Smith & Wesson Sigma SW9VE, holster, and 500 rounds of 9mm frangible ammo for under 400 bucks.
So far I burned up 250 rounds.
At 30 feet I can put 14 out of 15 in a 6" group 100% of the time, rapid firing (about 15 seconds for 15 rounds). The gun is perfectly balanced for me, the recoil is perfect, and the sights settle in before I'm even ready to bark another round off. I have to slow myself down.
At 30 yards, I can only put about 6 or 7 out of 15 in a 6" group.
I'm gonna try to talk my little brother into running across the range with a paper plate on a stick and see how I do. :-)
Anyways, here she is...

Very nice Scott! Having a CCW permit is a great insurance policy. Nice choice of gun too. How are you going to carry it? In waist band (WB) or outside waste band (OWB)

Originally Posted by e-man67:
Beauty! I gotta get my CC license one of these days.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I will also let you know of a good instructor :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 09:10 AM 09-02-2009
Sweet piece Scott :-)
[Reply]
trader1974 09:14 AM 09-02-2009
Very nice Scott. I've got a little Acutek .380 that was gifted to me years ago and I've wanted to get something more substantial but my money keeps finding it's way to more cigars first:-).

Aren't those green bullets made of kryptonite in case Superman turns evil again like in Part III? :-)
[Reply]
Steve 09:17 AM 09-02-2009
:-):-)
[Reply]
Steve 09:18 AM 09-02-2009
:-):-)

Originally Posted by Skywalker:

[Reply]
shilala 09:23 AM 09-02-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Very nice Scott! Having a CCW permit is a great insurance policy. Nice choice of gun too. How are you going to carry it? In waist band (WB) or outside waste band (OWB)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I will also let you know of a good instructor :-)
That holster in the first pic has a belt clip. It works well.
I won't be carrying it around.
If I need it in case any of the town junkies start crawling through the windows, I feel good knowing I can dump a pound of lead in their melon before they get all the way in. :-)
[Reply]
bonjing 09:26 AM 09-02-2009
Nice pick up at a great price. Now go get yourself more ammo and mags :-)

Have fun and be safe.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:34 AM 09-02-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
That holster in the first pic has a belt clip. It works well.
I won't be carrying it around.
If I need it in case any of the town junkies start crawling through the windows, I feel good knowing I can dump a pound of lead in their melon before they get all the way in. :-)
:-) Does PA have a Castle Doctrine (stand your ground) law?
[Reply]
Sailchaser 09:38 AM 09-02-2009
Scott,
Nice Gun have had one of these for years, has worked well for me wish you the same succeses with yours
Man, mine is hacked up compared to yours:-)
[Reply]
marge796 09:41 AM 09-02-2009
I bought my first firearm from Grices. And who doesn't love walking around Bobs Army Navy while in Clearfield? Good times when I was a kid.

Chris.....
[Reply]
DPD6030 09:42 AM 09-02-2009
Great looking gun Scott. Enjoy :-)
[Reply]
markem 09:46 AM 09-02-2009
Nice pistol. My eyesight isn't what it used to be, so I don't shoot hardly at all anymore without a scope (at least a red dot). Sold all my weapons and use a friend's "armory" when I want to shoot anymore. Pics like this make me pine for a nice Kimber.
[Reply]
TripleF 10:15 AM 09-02-2009
I love it bro!! Absolutely love it!! :-)

One of these days I will own a pistol as well.....
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up