Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>C-Bid deals?
MajorCaptSilly 12:41 PM 08-19-2009
I had strayed away from C-Bid for the last several months because nearly everything I wanted was going at or more than MSRP. I happened to log in on Sunday and saw a box of 5 Vegas Miami Churchills at $46.00 under the Quickies tab and a winning bid of $46.00. I put in a bid of $49.00 and won it! That's less than 50% off MSRP! Anybody else getting deals again?

MCS
[Reply]
cbsmokin 01:21 PM 08-19-2009
I banned myself from the site a long time ago. Maybe that's why you are getting better deals.
[Reply]
yitlin 01:23 PM 08-19-2009
Oh man, that is a great deal. I suppose I should "thank" you for reigniting my interest in that site...
[Reply]
tenbaseg 01:37 PM 08-19-2009
It's been very hit or miss lately. You have to snipe out good deals and more often than not, you get out bid. I avoid the specials that they email out. Those go for way too much.

I've also had some luck on Friday nights when less people may be siting at their PC.
[Reply]
RJK18 01:38 PM 08-19-2009
I made me first deal with the devil on sunday, and picked up a box of La Aurora 100 anos preferidos for $235. MSRP $400.
[Reply]
Kreth 01:51 PM 08-19-2009
I scored a 5er of Man O' War figurados a while back for $21 (CI's regular price is $45). I check the Quickies every time I login there. Some of them are great deals.
[Reply]
eber 01:56 PM 08-19-2009
I have gotten some pretty good deals on there, my most recent was a box of LFD L200 Oscuro for $52 (about 50% less than what they go for on CI)
[Reply]
Totemic 02:08 PM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by RJK18:
I made me first deal with the devil on sunday, and picked up a box of La Aurora 100 anos preferidos for $235. MSRP $400.
I stopped using the MSRP as a guage since virtually no online retailer ever sells any cigar for MSRP. Instead, the gauge is based on the lowest price from a half dozen retailers that I frequent.

Other than CI specific blends like 5 Vegas, in almost every case, the winning price is usually about the same as what I can get from another retailer or (more often than not) higher.

For example:

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=768311
JdN Antano Churchills. Current winning bid is $79. And if CBid pattern holds true to form, 20 mins before that auction closes, we should see a bunch of bids coming in, driving the price higher.

vs.

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/joydenican19.html#section1
Atlantic Cigars. Box of JdN Antano Churchill is $79.50.

I've long since stopped bothering with CBid. I have a list of vendors that I trust, and I keep a list of prices of different blends I like from these vendors. When I need to restock, I just walk down that list.
[Reply]
bigloo 02:17 PM 08-19-2009
I have not scored anything on CBID for a long time. All the stuff I want popular so the prices routinely rise above what you can get with a little online detective work. Monster on the other hand is tearing my wallet apart. I miss the old days of Cbid though.
[Reply]
G G 02:26 PM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by bigloo:
I have not scored anything on CBID for a long time. All the stuff I want popular so the prices routinely rise above what you can get with a little online detective work. Monster on the other hand is tearing my wallet apart. I miss the old days of Cbid though.
:-)Haven't bought a lot from monster but what i have bought was nice.
[Reply]
bvilchez 02:36 PM 08-19-2009
My wife secretly created an account on cbid and won me a Verona 3000 cpacity cabinet humi for $250.

I always get outbid on what I want.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:00 PM 08-19-2009
I usually watch and pick up a box of the 5 Vegas toros whenever I am getting low for around $45-50. Another steal IMO is getting a box (of 50) of the DPG Blue corona gordas in the $150 range. They are my favorite blue and at $3 a stick cannot be beat IMO. Other than those two I don't even bother anymore.
[Reply]
SmokinCozy 03:03 PM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by Totemic:
I stopped using the MSRP as a guage since virtually no online retailer ever sells any cigar for MSRP. Instead, the gauge is based on the lowest price from a half dozen retailers that I frequent.

Other than CI specific blends like 5 Vegas, in almost every case, the winning price is usually about the same as what I can get from another retailer or (more often than not) higher.

For example:

JdN Antano Churchills. Current winning bid is $79. And if CBid pattern holds true to form, 20 mins before that auction closes, we should see a bunch of bids coming in, driving the price higher.

vs.

I've long since stopped bothering with CBid. I have a list of vendors that I trust, and I keep a list of prices of different blends I like from these vendors. When I need to restock, I just walk down that list.
:-)
[Reply]
Cigary 04:34 PM 08-19-2009
I have a list of favorite cigars that I regularly bid on this site. I use CHIMP plus I have scoured all other resources for those cigars I buy on a regular basis. If you know going in what pricing you want that is half the battle. I usually score 50% of my favorites twice a month which is a net gain of 50 cigars every other week and I never go over my budget of $150 a month. That is the same price for a therapist for one session. I feel much better with my cigars and a glass of Drambuie and am saving about $800 a month not going to see a quack about my cigar issues.
[Reply]
RJK18 04:45 PM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by Totemic:

For example:

vs.

I agree. I was paying $20 bucks apiece for these smokes at most B&M's by me. So $9 apiece seemed like a bargain. The $235 beat most prices I found on the net and I know CB/CI has always done right by me.
[Reply]
Steelergar 10:15 PM 08-19-2009
I just bought some fivers of Graycliff 1666 pirates for $5.00 a stick, Mi barrio for 7.00 a stick, DPG blue for $3.00 a stick, Padilla Miami $4.00 a stick and padilla 1932 for just under $5.00 a stick.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 10:33 PM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by ggainey:
:-)Haven't bought a lot from monster but what i have bought was nice.
yup me to, but have picked up a few nice things from ci. I think im too lazy for the c-bid
[Reply]
smokin5 10:42 PM 08-19-2009
I've rarely popped in there lately, as in the last few months, everything I was interested in was running much higher than they used to go for.:-)
Don't know if more people are bidding stupid, or if CI is hiring more shills. Either way, not scored anything there in so long, I've stopped bidding & now just look out for killer deals elsewhere (Joe Cigar, Cigar Monster, JR, etc.)
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 06:31 AM 08-20-2009
I haven't been on C-bid much lately either. I got turned off with the prices around S-CHIP time.

Now, if there were a CC-Bid, I'd be in trouble. :-)
[Reply]
bowhnter 08:21 AM 08-20-2009
I always be sure if I am bidding on and win, that I plan to win 3-4 items at the right price so the shipping savings comes into play. I use the weekly ship option, so I bid early enough that if I win I have time to find other deals thought the week.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up