Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Maduro Opus xXx
SmokinCozy 12:14 AM 08-18-2009
I was given the chance to enjoy this super rare cigar by Richard (rrplasencia). As he knows I usually feel guilty about firing up rare sticks, but slowly the guilt is leaving and I am starting to enjoy these things I collect.

I didn't want to have too high expectations for this cigar, as this was my first maduro Opus. that being said, I did because of the rarity of this cigar. I also didn't want to taint the flavors of this cigar, so I paired it with filtered water.

I gave this bad boy a perfect cut followed by the toast to light. Okay right from the start this cigars went beyond my expectations. The funny part was, it tasted just like a power ranger with a maduro wrapper (I don't know what I was expecting). This was one sweet combination. :-) The cigar started with wonderful Opus flavors with spice, cocoa, and that o so sweet maduro. I was expecting that xXx punch right from the start, but this started off mellow and I just enjoyed all the flavors.

Now with the second third, more of the Opus flavor and spice came out with the maduro sweetness going to the background.

This cigar finished just as a regular xXx with the mauro coming and going slightly. Overall, this was a very enjoyable cigar that I would love to have in rotation.

The bottom line is this tasted just like the title says, a maduro xXx. The power ranger is one of my favorite sticks and wish these were regularly available. Thank you Richard for the opportunity to enjoy this cigar.

[Reply]
skullnrose 12:30 AM 08-18-2009
Nice review. I'm glad you smoked it!
[Reply]
Cigary 01:17 AM 08-18-2009
Welcome to the world of Opus Cigars,,,I love these suckers.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 02:31 AM 08-18-2009
Sounds amazing, I have been loving my opus' but am gonna have to start hunting the Maduros!
[Reply]
bobarian 03:24 AM 08-18-2009
Not positive but Black band Fuente is usually a sungrown wrapper. Perhaps a Fuente aficionado can chime in here. :-) Sounds like it was a tasty smoke. :-)
[Reply]
DougBushBC 04:49 AM 08-18-2009
Black band Opus is maduro. Check vitolas.net
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
BlackIrish 06:34 AM 08-18-2009
Wow! :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 06:37 AM 08-18-2009
I thought it was a bogus post by the title because I didn't think there was such a thing as the OpusX Maduro...

WOW is all I have to say now......
[Reply]
kydsid 06:59 AM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
I thought it was a bogus post by the title because I didn't think there was such a thing as the OpusX Maduro...

WOW is all I have to say now......
:-)

Looks like you had a great smoke. I'm so jealous. Thanks for the review. :-)
[Reply]
GoldnGT 09:10 AM 08-18-2009
Yeah those maduros are hard to find unless you get the charity sampler boxes which are around a grand a piece. If you can find one outside of that for a good price, grab it up.. b/c you won't find many of em!
[Reply]
rrplasencia 10:37 AM 08-18-2009
it's legit, I got it from Carlito as a gift on one of his stays. I dint remember the whole story but I think there were only 100-200 ever made. glad u enjoyed it.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:39 AM 08-18-2009
MMMMMMMMMM, a maduro and an Opus. Doesn't get much better than that. :-)
[Reply]
G G 11:39 AM 08-18-2009
Nice review.:-)
[Reply]
dubnick 11:44 AM 08-18-2009
Very nice review.

I didn't know these even existed, and now that I do, I'd love to try one. :-)
[Reply]
rrplasencia 11:54 AM 08-18-2009
sorry only 80 ever made, here's the link

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=49
[Reply]
SmokinCozy 12:00 PM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by rrplasencia:

I'm gonna start feeling guilty again :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:04 PM 08-18-2009

Those humis are BEAUTIFUL!!! WOW!!
[Reply]
DougBushBC 12:08 PM 08-18-2009
it's legit, I got it from Carlito as a gift on one of his stays. I dint remember the whole story but I think there were only 100-200 ever made. glad u enjoyed it.
During one of his stays? Carlito stays at our Casa Richard? Why did we never know this?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
rrplasencia 12:10 PM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:
During one of his stays? Carlito stays at our Casa Richard? Why did we never know this?
Posted via Mobile Device
stayed at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables for a couple of years...then he built some crazy condo on the water.
[Reply]
MedicCook 12:11 PM 08-18-2009
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up