Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Swisher Sweets Grape Blunt
taltos 10:33 AM 08-09-2009
This is number two in an occasional series of drug store cigar reviews. The cigar was gifted to me by Greg Gainey (ggainey) as a joke but I decided to take the joke one step further and actually smoke one of these.

The cigar is roughly robusto sized with a slightly smaller ring gauge (about 46) than would be expected in a robusto. Overall appearance was of a smoothly rolled cigar with the wrapper being homogenized paper/tobacco combination. Just to show how thoughtful the Swisher folks are, no fighting to remove the band, it was cleverly used as a pull tab to remove the cello. Also, put away your cutter, these fine folks made the cigar with a hole already there for your smoking pleasure. Why can't the big money cigar makers incorporate such smoker friendly features in their cigars.

Now to the smoking experience. The cigar had a loose draw and a taste like a grape Pixie Stick upon lighting. The initial flavor went away after the first half inch and had a flavor of grape in some sort of solution that gave off fumes and put my tongue to sleep and later started it to burning like a harsh pipe tobacco. Burn was razor sharp but fast (thank God). The sensation that I was smoking a grape infused oil continued to the end of the cigar. I must make note that at no time during the smoke did I taste tobacco and bad news for Ben Stearns, I nubbed it so no left overs for you. As I stated in the first sentence of this review, this is drug store cigar review number two and lets leave it by saying that number two is also a fit description of this cigar.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
ucla695 10:39 AM 08-09-2009
Wow, I can't believe you smoked it. :-) :-) :-) I've never been adventurous enough to.
[Reply]
alley00p 11:14 AM 08-09-2009
Nice Review, Paul! :-)

I was surprised that there was so much detail in here - I must tell you that I'm really impressed in your reviewing skills! :-)

This review is very valuable information to have for the ALL BOTLS to have. For instance, It tells me that if a package comes from Florida, especially from Greg's neck of the woods, that it should be sent back, unopened!!! :-)

Good Stuff, Maynard!!! Image

[Reply]
kelmac07 11:20 AM 08-09-2009
Nice review Paul. No mention of the purple smoke?
[Reply]
Blindjimme 11:27 AM 08-09-2009
You,sir, are truly a fearless man. I salute your courage.
[Reply]
G G 11:31 AM 08-09-2009
Well I can't believe you actaully smoked it. You were supposed to smoke the fiver of decent smokes i sent. You didn't have an attack of senility and throw the fiver of good one's away and keep the Swisher's to smoke did you?:-)
[Reply]
taltos 01:06 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by ggainey:
Well I can't believe you actaully smoked it. You were supposed to smoke the fiver of decent smokes i sent. You didn't have an attack of senility and throw the fiver of good one's away and keep the Swisher's to smoke did you?:-)
My experience here will help me appreciate the decent smokes more.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:35 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
This is number two in an occasional series of drug store cigar reviews.
Emphasis on "drug", Paul. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:06 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Emphasis on "drug", Paul. :-) :-)
Exactly. I hate to say it, Paul, but I don't think you've fully experienced this stick yet. Next time, break out the cutting tools and give us a proper review. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:09 PM 08-09-2009
Nice review Paul. The good thing is at your age you will have forgotten you smoked it and you will try another one.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:11 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
The good thing is at your age you will have forgotten you smoked it and you will try another one.
How is that a good thing? :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:14 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
How is that a good thing? :-)
I get enjoyment out of Paul smoking these horrible things.
[Reply]
ffup 10:55 PM 08-13-2009
Thanks for the review. Knowing this I will take the dozen or so out of my humidor and give them to the kids down the street or the homeless guy who plays in the street.
[Reply]
G G 10:59 PM 08-13-2009
I get enjoyment out of Paul smoking these horrible things.
Well I can send you some, you can smoke em if you want or regift them to Paul. I don't care either way.:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:01 PM 08-13-2009
Well I can send you some, you can smoke em if you want or regift them to Paul. I don't care either way.:-)
I think I might have to move again. :-)
[Reply]
G G 11:02 PM 08-13-2009
I think I might have to move again. :-)
Nah don't do that. I will send Paul some more and put your new return addy on there thanks to Shilala.:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:04 PM 08-13-2009
Nah don't do that. I will send Paul some more and put your new return addy on there thanks to Shilala.:-)
That works for me. :-)
[Reply]
taltos 03:11 AM 08-14-2009
Greg and Ryan, please show some respect to your elders.:-)
[Reply]
TheTraveler 06:22 AM 08-14-2009
The problem is that you smoked an '09 SS Grape without letting it age!!!!! Even the noobiest noob of the noobs knows that an SS is only good with a minimum 5 years age on it! That "grape" flavor will transform and settle into a fine wine taste if you let it age. :-)

:-) :-) :-)

(I was actually called "noobiest noob of the noobs" in an online game once. :-) )
[Reply]
taltos 07:07 AM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by TheTraveler:
The problem is that you smoked an '09 SS Grape without letting it age!!!!! Even the noobiest noob of the noobs knows that an SS is only good with a minimum 5 years age on it! That "grape" flavor will transform and settle into a fine wine taste if you let it age. :-)

:-) :-)

(I was actually called "noobiest noob of the noobs" in an online game once. :-) )
Actually I left one on the dashboard of my truck for 2 weeks and it started to decompose. Can I send the rest of them to you so that they may properly age in your humi?:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up