Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Fuente Aged Selection: "Lost City" Release
Waynegro1 08:05 AM 08-02-2009
I don't know about you, but I can't wait to try one of these. If you're going to IPCPR they'll have "Lost City" at the Fuente booth.
Release is Fall 2009 (Oct. and Nov.). :-)

Link for the LOWDOWN:
http://www.prometheuskkp.com/pdf/rtd...ection2009.pdf

Just curious about everyone's thoughts.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 08:22 AM 08-02-2009
Thanks for the link. Looks like something that will be hard to find.
[Reply]
blooz4u 08:51 AM 08-02-2009
Thanks for the link!
[Reply]
heavyd 08:56 AM 08-02-2009
Those cigars look sweeeeet! That Opus BBMF maduro looks like a winner..Fuente does a great job with marketing, no doubt about it. Thanks for posting the link :-)
[Reply]
tchariya 10:57 AM 08-02-2009
The Xmas ornaments are cool too!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:05 AM 08-02-2009
Looks interesting, but harder to find than even the regular Opus :-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:03 PM 08-02-2009
I think they are brilliant at marketing their product......
[Reply]
ucla695 05:20 PM 08-02-2009
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
Thanks for the link. Looks like something that will be hard to find.
:-) Yup. I've run out of energy to pursue their special releases.

Originally Posted by gnukfu:
I think they are brilliant at marketing their product......
:-) For sure.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:26 PM 08-02-2009
That maduro looks mighty tasty...don't know if the wallet will be able to handle this one. Thanks for the info.
[Reply]
Kreth 05:41 PM 08-02-2009
Sooo... is this guy the Scotty Cameron of the cigar industry?
[Reply]
JJG 07:08 PM 08-02-2009
yum!

I have a sort of, moral objection to paying for Opus Xs but I will admit that they are one of my favorite Dominican cigars. probably won't get to smoke one of these but I look forward to reading others reviews here.
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:23 PM 08-02-2009
I'm sure they're great cigars, but I can't get my head around the prices Fuente wants for their premium sticks. Just flat out too expensive.
[Reply]
Waynegro1 02:15 PM 08-03-2009
I'm guessing, since they're only selling in Box's of Ten, it won't be easy to find a single anywhere! I don't know, I still may bite if I can find a box when they come out.
[Reply]
Mirrorlure7m 08:05 PM 08-04-2009
Very nice thanks for the info ...
[Reply]
Wanger 08:41 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Sooo... is this guy the Scotty Cameron of the cigar industry?
That's an insult to the Fuentes, IMO.

They are essentially the first family of the cigar industry. They are true masters of marketing and special release cigars. However they have very high quality throughout all of their lines, whether it's the standard greenbands, all the way to the special release Opus. It just my opinion, but I've never had a bad Fuente made cigar.

As far as these special releases, I'm sure they are tasty (at least the ones I've had have been). There are so many of them that I'd love to try, but I don't have the liquidity to do so. Some day, I'll try all the ones I want, though. :-)

That being said, I think it's a cool thing they did with these cigars, and I'd love to try one (of a specific size that will be released) some day.
I will say that I used to chase Opus a lot, but with the tax increases in cigars, and the availability of good cigars from other manufacturers (Illusione, Tatuaje, Oliva, etc.), I don't have a reason to any more. But if I find them at a good price, they're still hard to pass up. :-)

That being said, it's a cool thing they did with these cigars, and I'd love to try one some day.
[Reply]
Addiction 06:26 AM 08-05-2009
Originally Posted by Wanger:
That's an insult to the Fuentes, IMO.

They are essentially the first family of the cigar industry. They are true masters of marketing and special release cigars. However they have very high quality throughout all of their lines, whether it's the standard greenbands, all the way to the special release Opus. It just my opinion, but I've never had a bad Fuente made cigar.

As far as these special releases, I'm sure they are tasty (at least the ones I've had have been). There are so many of them that I'd love to try, but I don't have the liquidity to do so. Some day, I'll try all the ones I want, though. :-)

That being said, I think it's a cool thing they did with these cigars, and I'd love to try one (of a specific size that will be released) some day.
I will say that I used to chase Opus a lot, but with the tax increases in cigars, and the availability of good cigars from other manufacturers (Illusione, Tatuaje, Oliva, etc.), I don't have a reason to any more. But if I find them at a good price, they're still hard to pass up. :-)

That being said, it's a cool thing they did with these cigars, and I'd love to try one some day.
I'd have to agree that the Fuentes enjoy a primary position in the cigar world, I don't know that I would agree that the deserve it based on the products they put out. They make a lot of cigars I just don't seem to enjoy.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:47 AM 08-05-2009
I don't think that I have ever had a Fuente that I disliked..and I have had quite a few.
[Reply]
floydpink 10:16 AM 08-05-2009
:-)
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I don't think that I have ever had a Fuente that I disliked..and I have had quite a few.

[Reply]
688sonarmen 05:31 PM 06-16-2010
Very nice, don't know about the Christmas ornaments though.
[Reply]
Chemyst 09:10 PM 06-20-2010
I saw a 3 or 4 cigar 'sampler' of Lost City OpusX at
Tampa Sweethearts, when I was on vacation in April.
Unfortunately, the $139 price tag is well beyond
my self-imposed, moral dilemma, max budget of $10 ea.

Sometimes I'll grab some $12 or $14 smokes, with some
$6 or $7 smokes, so my average cost is $10. But there's
no way to average down $139 for 4 sticks, without a box
purchase. When I buy a box, that's all I get at that time.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up