Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Sports>Manny and Ortiz on Roids
yourchoice 11:42 AM 07-30-2009
Brought this over from the MLB Thread...figured I'd create a thread for this one....

There's a report that Manny and Ortiz were both on the list of those who tested positive in 2003.

Link.

Let's see what spin Faux-Sox Nation has! The only thing I'd rather hear less than that is what the Weasel Empire has to add!
[Reply]
PeteSB75 11:45 AM 07-30-2009
I dunno about everyone else, but at this point, I assume that every single MLB player active within the last 15 years has taken them at some point.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 11:47 AM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
I dunno about everyone else, but at this point, I assume that every single MLB player active within the last 15 years has taken them at some point.
:-) At least the somewhat successful ones.
[Reply]
Mark 11:54 AM 07-30-2009
Such a shame. I love major league baseball, and this is putting a permanent stain on a great sport. I have a lot of respect for those two (have met them both at Red Sox training camp), and if this turns out to be true (which it seems it is) I will lose respect for two people who I thought were great players. :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:55 AM 07-30-2009
Not really surprised. Ortiz will have some egg on his face since he was so outspoken about it and felt that the MLB punishment policy wasn't strict enough :-)
[Reply]
King James 11:58 AM 07-30-2009
Not saying I agree or disagree with finding out who the people were, but wasn't the list supposed to be confidential? I thought I remember reading that somewhere????
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:59 AM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
Not saying I agree or disagree with finding out who the people were, but wasn't the list supposed to be confidential? I thought I remember reading that somewhere????
It was supposed to be.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 12:13 PM 07-30-2009
The list was confidential. Baseball and the players union dropped the ball and did not have the list destroyed before it was suppeonaed for the grand jury. It was supposed to be sealed by the govt. also.

I agree that I would believe any player in the last fifteen years that was any good was on them.

Most people on them were pitchers for the recovery and hitters still have to put the bat on the ball.

I personally could care less if they all did it, because if I was that close enough to make a couple of million a year sign me up!!!!!

Something else to ponder about the steroid issue:
-The most publicized team for doing steroids were the Steeler teams of the late 70's- Some good home run hitters on Phils and Pirates in late 70's early 80's
-Steroids were big in the power lifting community and cattle industry which both were very big in Texas during 70's and 80's- I still remember a skinny fireballer from Texas on the Mets that as he got older had unreal trainning techniques to keep him young, O yea he owned a ranch also.

And again I am not on a witch hunt. I am a Rays season ticket holder, Love baseball, and if I had the ability I would have taken them also if that would have put me over the edge. My only problem is the lyimg! Because some of them are and were OBVIOUS!
[Reply]
yourchoice 12:14 PM 07-30-2009
Yes. IMHO, they should just release all of the names and get it over with. Hearing about it over the course of several years will just be worse for baseball, again IMHO.
[Reply]
SeanGAR 12:16 PM 07-30-2009
I hope the idiots who were so vocal when the ARoid news hit are equally vocal now.

It is no surprise whatsoever that Ortiz and Manny are roid cheaters. But I cut them slack, because after all the red sux suck, and they need all the help they can get.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 12:16 PM 07-30-2009
That is the same list that implicated A Rod and Abreu and others...... it has just become fully public though.

A Rod was the first slip a couple years ago.... It'll be interesting to see what names come out now.
[Reply]
Darrell 12:18 PM 07-30-2009
Hooray, now that sorry sack of **** Manny can be banned from the HOF!

This makes my day!! :-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 12:21 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Hooray, now that sorry sack of **** Manny can be banned from the HOF!

This makes my day!! :-)

So... you think he is good enough numbers wise?......
What Darrell... you got a lil secret man crush on him?:-)

jk

I don't think he woulda ever made it anyway... basket case.:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 12:22 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
So... you think he is good enough numbers wise?......
What Darrell... you got a lil secret man crush on him?:-)

jk

I don't think he woulda ever made it anyway... basket case.:-)
I can't stand the guy, Tim. I think he's a pompous moron and when they benched him for 50 games, they should have just kicked him from MLB.

I don't know that he would have ever made it either, numbers wise -- now I know for sure he won't. :-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 12:25 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I can't stand the guy, Tim. I think he's a pompous moron and when they benched him for 50 games, they should have just kicked him from MLB.

I don't know that he would have ever made it either, numbers wise -- now I know for sure he won't. :-)
I've had the pleasure of watching him all week at my park.
The fans have been relentless booing him. Not typical for STL fans.
Funny thing is they (me not included) think McGuire walks on water. Hypocrites.
[Reply]
Darrell 12:29 PM 07-30-2009
I've had the pleasure of watching him all week at my park.
The fans have been relentless booing him. Not typical for STL fans.
Funny thing is they (me not included) think McGuire walks on water. Hypocrites.
McGwire is no better than Manny, he was just smart enough to retire before **** hit the fan. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:42 PM 07-30-2009
Everyone is/was on 'roids. Every sport has/had it, the problem was the MLB Players Union wouldn't allow the testing because they knew steroids were so prevelant. Then congress and the commisioner finally forced them into a testing program and now everyone is so suprised they were all cheating. :-)

Some people say: "Can you blame them?" Well ofcourse you can. They were still illegal drugs, regardless of whether they are banned. Would people be getting a pass if everyone was doing heroin to make them faster? :-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 12:45 PM 07-30-2009
[sarcasm]
I'm just glad Congress did get involved.
[/sarcasm]
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:46 PM 07-30-2009
[sarcasm]
I'm just glad Congress did get involved.
[/sarcasm]
Your tax dollars hard at work :-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 01:21 PM 07-30-2009
Stay classy Boston.

Oh wait... :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up