Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Holt's Little Havana Overrun III's
BlackDog 08:50 PM 07-29-2009
I swapped some cigars with Garbandz, and he included a couple of Holt's Little Havana Overrun coronas. Evidently these are made by Don Pepin Garcia for Holt's. It's a Nicaraguan puro, and what I'd call medium spicey. Large volumes of smoke, and a nice white ash that held tight. It's a nicely made cigar, perhaps not filled quite as full as a premium cigar, but still a good quality cigar. I'd call it a "premium" bundle cigar, which is exactly how Holt's is marketing them. I purged it a couple times to keep it from getting too hot, and it smoked nicely right down to the last inch, when it began to sprinkle rain on me. They're not as complex or as spicey as a "regular" DPG, but for under $2 per stick this is a great value. Thanks to Garbandz for introducing me to these nice cigars.
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 09:19 AM 08-22-2009
Thanks for the post. I just picked up a bundle of the robustos and a bundle of the toros to try. Great prices on them.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 10:10 AM 08-22-2009
These are rapidly becoming a favorite for me!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:47 AM 08-22-2009
I tasted the robusto for the first time at the Shack when trishield Dave passed one to me and I was very, very impressed. They are very good.
[Reply]
G G 11:30 AM 08-25-2009
Will have to get me some of these.:-)
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 11:34 AM 08-25-2009
tried both the robusto and the toro this weekend. Definately picking up a few more bundles. These are great humidor defenders so I can let the cubans age for a bit. I put some in the desktop humi for guests who want a cigar but are regular smokers.

Thanks for letting me in on these. Now, time to order some more.
[Reply]
68TriShield 11:35 AM 08-25-2009
Can you guys keep down on all the racket please :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 11:45 AM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Can you guys keep down on all the racket please :-)
What's the matter, Dave? Wallet fighting back?

Don't worry- these are way-cheap. :-)
[Reply]
D_A 12:17 PM 08-25-2009
Ok, you talked me into it. I tossed a bundle of robustos into the cart to go along with today's high noon special.
[Reply]
68TriShield 12:27 PM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
What's the matter, Dave? Wallet fighting back?

Don't worry- these are way-cheap. :-)
Oh trust me,I know... :-)
[Reply]
wrench turner 85 12:49 PM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I tasted the robusto for the first time at the Shack when trishield Dave passed one to me and I was very, very impressed. They are very good.
Gues what I have comming the mail. :-) and it will be hear in time for friday :-):-)
[Reply]
tuxpuff 01:24 PM 08-25-2009
Thanks for the review! These sound interesting. Anyone care to sell me a few as a sampler?
[Reply]
D_A 11:57 AM 09-03-2009
Smoked my first of these today in the robusto size. It had only been resting for about a week since receiving the shipment. The cap and and about a 1/2 inch of the wrapper fell off as soon as I touched it with my palio to clip it. Being too lazy to walk back upstairs to get another, I decided to just smoke it backwards which led to some unraveling beginning about half way through. Not in-your-face spicy like some other Pepin sticks, but very good flavor and well worth the $2 price point. Unless the rest of the bundle falls apart after having adequate rest, I will definitely buy these again.
[Reply]
BlackDog 12:10 PM 09-03-2009
I gotta buy some more of these.
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 05:32 PM 09-15-2009
Just ordered 2 more bundles of the LHO coronas and 1 bundle of the robustos.

They are running out of the coronas. They estimate that they will be out of them in the next couple of weeks. You might want to pull the trigger if you were thinking of ordering them.
[Reply]
streetglide 05:49 PM 09-15-2009
Thanks for all the reviews. I'm always looking for some good smoke's on the cheap. :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:16 PM 09-15-2009
Originally Posted by streetglide:
Thanks for all the reviews. I'm always looking for some good smoke's on the cheap. :-)
it really is worth getting a couple bundles before they sell out Steve.This is the third incarnation of these from what I understand.
[Reply]
dannysguitar 07:10 PM 09-15-2009
Alright you guys got me. Someone trade me some. I'll make it worth your while. Sorry for the thread jack. :-/
[Reply]
yourchoice 08:01 AM 10-12-2009
I had my first one of these last night. I am hit or miss on DPG stuff. Like some, don't like some. This reminded me most of the DPG Blue, which is top two when it comes to DPG for me. Highly recommend. :-)
[Reply]
dannysguitar 10:31 AM 10-14-2009
I smoked the Torp last night. It was pretty good. I love the Corona size. When they go on sale again, I gotta pick some up!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up