Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Wisdom teeth pulled
shadow king 02:04 AM 07-24-2009
So I had my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday. The first thing that came to mind was how long it will be before I can smoke a cigar. :-) I could barely eat or drink afterwards so I really didn't have the urge to light one up. Today might be a different story though. The nurse told me about getting some kind of infection in the wounds if I used tobacco products right away. It just might not be worth the risk, but I always have plenty of time on the weekends for a smoke so it's going to be tough....

Anyone else have this situation before?
[Reply]
Jimbo14 02:14 AM 07-24-2009
Haha, its so funny you ask this because I had mine out last week and I was asking so many people the same question!

I spoke to many people including dental nurses and it is really important you dont smoke in the first 48 hours or you may get a dry socket.

I think you should wait at least 5 days then it should okay. I personally waited 8 days.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 06:01 AM 07-24-2009
Looks like we're all in the same boat.

Had all four pulled last Thursday and I'm still sore. I've held off on the sticks until now, but I'm attending a BBQ tomorrow and can't wait to finally break the dry spell.

Hang in there man. Better to wait a few extra days just to be safe then jump the gun and be sorry.
[Reply]
bowhnter 06:13 AM 07-24-2009
I have never had dry socket, but have heard it's something you don't want to have.

You should always get your teeth pulled on Mondays, so by the weekend you might be good to go :-)

Speedy recovery to you!
[Reply]
skibumdc 06:27 AM 07-24-2009
Dude, just hold out. Dry socket is NOTHING to mess with.

Just wait until you have the sutures pulled (if they even need to be pulled)

Good thing come to those who wait.
[Reply]
TripleF 06:36 AM 07-24-2009
Sit tight bro....don't smoke while your mouth heals...

In the grand scheme of our little short lives waiting 4 or 7 days will seem like 5 or 7 millaseconds 10 years from now. Relax, let your mouth rejuvinate it's taste buds :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:52 AM 07-24-2009
No smoking for multiple days in a row? I think I will keep my wisdom right where they are.
[Reply]
dubnick 08:55 AM 07-24-2009
Had mine pulled on Monday, but also had Sinus surgery that came with some complications.

I'm in a world of hurt and plan on waiting until I'm completely healed to attempt enjoying a smoke.
[Reply]
Kreth 09:16 AM 07-24-2009
I had mine pulled years ago in boot camp. Apparently it was standard practice at the time (mid 80s) to yank them during your initial dental workup if they looked like they may cause any problems. One was impacted and had to be split to be removed.
To add to the fun, I got yelled at the next morning by my drill instructor for bleeding on his pillowcase. :-)
Here's hoping you heal quickly.
[Reply]
md4958 09:19 AM 07-24-2009
Dentist recommended I get mine pulled out soon. They came in perfectly straight, and they havent given me any problems in 14 years, but they MIGHT be a problem in the future.

She gave me some chit about the healing being much worse over the age of 28??
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:21 AM 07-24-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I had mine pulled years ago in boot camp. Apparently it was standard practice at the time (mid 80s) to yank them during your initial dental workup if they looked like they may cause any problems. One was impacted and had to be split to be removed.
To add to the fun, I got yelled at the next morning by my drill instructor for bleeding on his pillowcase. :-)
Here's hoping you heal quickly.
:-) How many pushups did you have to do?
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:23 AM 07-24-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
Dentist recommended I get mine pulled out soon. They came in perfectly straight, and they havent given me any problems in 14 years, but they MIGHT be a problem in the future.

She gave me some chit about the healing being much worse over the age of 28??
I can't stand the 'might' comment. You might get hit by a bus crossing the street. Does that mean you should never cross the street again?
[Reply]
md4958 09:24 AM 07-24-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I can't stand the 'might' comment. You might get hit by a bus crossing the street. Does that mean you should never cross the street again?
thats the funny thing. Ive had the same dentist for years, never saw a problem. Then he gets a young piece of ass working in there, and all of a sudden I need to get them out ASAP?? Im a sucker for a nice rack.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:26 AM 07-24-2009
thats the funny thing. Ive had the same dentist for years, never saw a problem. Then he gets a young piece of ass working in there, and all of a sudden I need to get them out ASAP?? Im a sucker for a nice rack.
Where is this office? :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:27 AM 07-24-2009
My answer is the same as most: Don't smoke until you're healed!

My mouth took nearly a month to heal after oral surgery!!!

Just think about how good that first cigar is gonna taste!!!

[Reply]
md4958 09:27 AM 07-24-2009
Where is this office? :-)
Markowski, Suffield CT :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:28 AM 07-24-2009
Markowski, Suffield CT :-)
Nothing better than being drugged up and drooling in front of a hot woman.
[Reply]
md4958 09:30 AM 07-24-2009
Nothing better than being drugged up and drooling in front of a hot woman.
I dont need to be drugged up for that :-):-)
[Reply]
Kreth 10:20 AM 07-24-2009
:-) How many pushups did you have to do?
I got lucky. They put me on light duty for a few days, so all he could do was yell.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:24 AM 07-24-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I got lucky. They put me on light duty for a few days, so all he could do was yell.
I wonder if drill instructors give themselves headaches from all the yelling?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up