Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Gurkha Cigars
Adriftpanda 01:35 PM 07-11-2009
I'm sitting here at my local B&M smoking a Gurkha Shaggy Salomon because it was smoke any Gurkha for half off and I haven't had a Gurkha in a year or so, I figured what the hell I'll try it since it's HALF OFF....

I remember why I don't smoke Gurkhas anymore! Anyone want the rest of this smoke?
[Reply]
Wolfgang 01:36 PM 07-11-2009
Send it to Bobby! :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 01:37 PM 07-11-2009
Yeah, pass it over - I'll try most anything once.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 01:49 PM 07-11-2009
:-) glady... you smoke the 2nd half, I'm dumping this thing and grab a LFD.
[Reply]
The Poet 01:51 PM 07-11-2009
Lemme have that half a beer in front of you too - I need a drink. But fish the butts out first, will ya?
[Reply]
mycigarlink 02:37 PM 07-11-2009
We are having a Gurkha cigar event July 18th 12-4pm.
1. Buy 3 Get 1 free
2. Buy 5 Get 2 free
3. Buy a box Get 10 free
JJ:-)
[Reply]
Tuxguy 03:23 PM 07-11-2009
I like the shaggy
[Reply]
ChasDen 07:19 PM 07-11-2009
I started smoking a lot of them early on, not so many now.

Smoking a Grand Age right now.

Intriguing cigar, not great, not bad and a tad milder than I like.

Chas
[Reply]
flat6nut 07:23 PM 07-11-2009
These threads have had me steering clear of Ghurka's. Are they really that bad of a cigar, or just not up to the pallets of some people? What are they comparable to? I almost bought a shaggy last weekend, but after reading thread after thread on here about them being bad...I shy away.
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:28 PM 07-11-2009
Too Bad!!! Guess you won't get the cigars I was bringing for you, to the Herf next week!!! They were Gurkhas!!!:-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:30 PM 07-11-2009
Originally Posted by flat6nut:
These threads have had me steering clear of Ghurka's. Are they really that bad of a cigar, or just not up to the pallets of some people? What are they comparable to? I almost bought a shaggy last weekend, but after reading thread after thread on here about them being bad...I shy away.
IMHO, Gurkhas are not what you would call "Dog Rockets". Some have decent flavor, however they are not nearly worth the price they are being sold for. ...Ever.
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 07:32 PM 07-11-2009
I've had a few, and while none to me were amazing, none were really terrible either. Even if you hear bad reviews, you should still maybe try one as everyone has different tastes. I'm sure some people really like them.
[Reply]
shilala 07:36 PM 07-11-2009
All hype, no cigar.
They make awesome boxes though.
[Reply]
ChasDen 07:44 PM 07-11-2009
Just don't pay retail. Like others have said, try a few.
They are had at the devil site for a few bucks a stick.

The legends are good and I still like the Master’s Select's too.

Chas
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 07:51 PM 07-11-2009
Buy it and try it! Nothing wrong with trying out new cigars, and hey if you like it, good for you. I started out smoking Gurkhas and after some time, I decided to try other smokes which I found to be much better.

Someone mentioned not to pay msrp for them, I agree with you. If you can find a good deal on them, why not give it a try if you never tried one before.

Oh and Darrell, you are too kind my friend! Haha... didn't you see my post about not being able to make it to the barn herf??
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 07:52 PM 07-11-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
All hype, no cigar.
They make awesome boxes though.
I heard that the cooler the boxes were, the better the cigar tasted???? :-)
[Reply]
bvilchez 07:59 PM 07-11-2009
Bobby (s15driftking) will smoke it....he's a Gurkha fiend!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
kgraybill 08:00 PM 07-11-2009
I can still taste the Black Dragon that I tried 6 months ago. It tasted like I was smokin a pouch of Lancaster chewing tobacco. The guy that I got it from loves em but they are not for me.
[Reply]
punch54 01:09 PM 07-12-2009
there priced way to high,good cigars though,you have to look for the bargians or your paying way to much try the masters select these are great
[Reply]
shilala 01:22 PM 07-12-2009
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
I heard that the cooler the boxes were, the better the cigar tasted???? :-)
I've only been sucked in by cool bands and cool boxes a couple hundred times. From my experience, ya just never know. :-)
It's a tricky, evil game. lol
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up