Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Sports>Attention Red Sox Fans
The Poet 03:25 PM 07-09-2009
Visit the Home Depot in Secaucus NJ this Saturday July 11th to meet and greet one of the most memorable names in all of Red Sox history - the incomparable Bucky Dent! The first 200 in attendence will receive an autographed baseball, which you will surely cherish for years to come.

Neither Bill Buckner nor Aaron Boone are currently scheduled, but you never know.
[Reply]
taltos 03:37 PM 07-09-2009
Why don't you pay a visit to Massachusetts and plant a wet one square on my hairy butt? Yankee fans are bigger a**holes than their team.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:45 PM 07-09-2009
:-)
[Reply]
md4958 04:10 PM 07-09-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Visit the Home Depot in Secaucus NJ this Saturday July 11th to meet and greet one of the most memorable names in all of Red Sox history - the incomparable Bucky Dent! The first 200 in attendence will receive an autographed baseball, which you will surely cherish for years to come.

Neither Bill Buckner nor Aaron Boone are currently scheduled, but you never know.
To quote a friend of mine "This guy makes me miss Legend"
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 05:11 PM 07-09-2009
Bucky bleepin Dent :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 05:17 PM 07-09-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Why don't you pay a visit to Massachusetts and plant a wet one square on my hairy butt? Yankee fans are bigger a**holes than their team.
I concur :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 06:32 PM 07-09-2009
Kinda funny coming a Sox fan :-)
[Reply]
BlackIrish 06:34 PM 07-09-2009

Originally Posted by md4958:
To quote a friend of mine "This guy makes me miss Legend"
Absolutely. Legend was clueless, not evil.
[Reply]
dunng 07:47 PM 07-09-2009
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:12 PM 07-09-2009
I would like to think there is an exception or two Paul.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:19 PM 07-09-2009
LOL!!!
[Reply]
taltos 03:22 AM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I would like to think there is an exception or two Paul.
When dealing with the OP generalizations work better. You and Smitty are obviously exceptions but I have been to games at Fenway and at the old Yankee Stadium and opposing fans are treated much worse by the locals at the New York venue. The Yankee fans are probably the second worst that I have seen, close behind Philadelphia fans in general. I also agree with BlackIrish except that the op is not only evil but clueless also. I do appologize to any Yankme fan who is not an a**hole.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:55 AM 07-10-2009
When dealing with the OP generalizations work better. You and Smitty are obviously exceptions but I have been to games at Fenway and at the old Yankee Stadium and opposing fans are treated much worse by the locals at the New York venue. The Yankee fans are probably the second worst that I have seen, close behind Philadelphia fans in general. I also agree with BlackIrish except that the op is not only evil but clueless also. I do appologize to any Yankme fan who is not an a**hole.
Gimme a break. I've made the trek with friends up to Fenway a couple of times to watch the Yankees/Sox and we caught plenty of flak.

I don't care what side of the fence your on, Yankees and Sox fans are the same. Both sides have plenty of die hards, a**holes, and front runners. Only Yankees fans are better behaved. When we win a WS we throw a parade and celebrate. When the Sox win Red Sox nation has a riot, sets cars on fire and busts up store front windows. Even Philly fans behaved better than the Sox when they won last year :-)
[Reply]
taltos 10:23 AM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Gimme a break. I've made the trek with friends up to Fenway a couple of times to watch the Yankees/Sox and we caught plenty of flak.

I don't care what side of the fence your on, Yankees and Sox fans are the same. Both sides have plenty of die hards, a**holes, and front runners. Only Yankees fans are better behaved. When we win a WS we throw a parade and celebrate. When the Sox win Red Sox nation has a riot, sets cars on fire and busts up store front windows. Even Philly fans behaved better than the Sox when they won last year :-)
Wrong, the riots are when the Pats win a Super Bowl. I have seen Sox fans getting beaten up in the upper deck of the old toilet bowl. I have never seen a Yankee fan get beaten up at Fenway. Lets not get started on Pats/Jets because both sides are wrong. I still enjoy busting balls with you.:-) By the way, the Phillies fans were still in shock. First time that a Philadelphia fan has ever behaved.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:02 AM 07-10-2009
Wrong, the riots are when the Pats win a Super Bowl. I have seen Sox fans getting beaten up in the upper deck of the old toilet bowl. I have never seen a Yankee fan get beaten up at Fenway. Lets not get started on Pats/Jets because both sides are wrong. I still enjoy busting balls with you.:-) By the way, the Phillies fans were still in shock. First time that a Philadelphia fan has ever behaved.
Google Red Sox riots :-):-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:30 PM 07-10-2009
Don't you Sox fans realize why Yankee fans yank your chain, and tease you like the little brother on the playground? Simple - you let us. Here you are, getting all bent over Dent, and a game that ended over thirty years ago! And there's no good reason for it, save that you let it bother you. First off, it's just a game - win or lose, there's another one tomorrow, or the next day, next week, next month, next year. Secondly, The Curse has ended. Your team has their rings, you should be happy now. Hell, all you said for three generations was "Just once before I die." Well, you got your wish, and you still act like petulant kids who dropped their lollipops. Get over it. You wanna shut us up? Then the next time someone mentions Bucky, Buckner, Boone, or Boggs riding that horse around The Bronx, just smile and shrug and say "Yes, that one still hurts." That's OK, that's just fine. But as long as you don't act like winners, and still act like the little brother on the playground, you will get yanked by Yanks.

Hey, I'm not trying to be nasty here - I mean this sincerely, one BOTL to another. And I am sure that all I'll get for my effort from most of you is a hearty :-). But if even one of you stops and thinks, "You know, he may have a point here" then maybe we all can just sit back with a cold one and a stogie and enjoy the game. Take the word of a Yankee fan on this - it's a lot more fun that way.

[Reply]
cort 02:34 PM 07-10-2009
Go Angels:-)
[Reply]
md4958 02:35 PM 07-10-2009
Can we send this guy back and Legend???
[Reply]
The Poet 02:50 PM 07-10-2009
Originally Posted by Cort:
Go Angels:-)
Should be a good series, Gary - we'll see how it plays out. :-)

And I would reply to Moe's post too, but I don't speak fragmented gibberish. :-)
[Reply]
cort 02:56 PM 07-10-2009
Should be a good series, Gary - we'll see how it plays out. :-)

And I would reply to Moe's post too, but I don't speak fragmented gibberish. :-)
Ya I hope our pitching will show up this series. We seem to do well against the Yanks for some reason so I am optomistic.

Be nice to Moe. He makes cookies.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up