Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>CI Padilla Limitado Oscuros 68's aren't Oscuros.
shilala 08:33 PM 06-30-2009
I got all excited, ordered ten deals from today's catalog, cause it was awesome. (25 bucks for a pair of the Padilla '68 Oscuro 2009 Limitadas Salamones and a free fiver of jj maduros robustos, or one of any number of really good fivers).
Then I come to find they aren't oscuro, and they aren't Limitadas.
I'm surprised they're even 68's.
They're corojo salamone 68's. What the hell would I want with that? It's not even remotely the same cigar.
I called back and cancelled my whole order. $300.00 bucks worth.
They already charged my cards, I imagine this will take two weeks to sort out. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:41 PM 06-30-2009
From the CI site:

Note: Originally, this deal was for a 2-pack of Padilla Series ’68 Limitado Oscuro Salomons. Unfortunately, this cigar is no mas, but we do have the standard Series ’68 Salomons available. The blend is the same, as the wrapper has been taken from a lower priming than the Oscuro, receiving less sun exposure during growth. Either way you slice it, it’s still a fantastic deal.
[Reply]
shadow king 01:07 AM 07-01-2009
I got my catalog this week too. I see they have 2 deals like this. Like you, I was tempted because of the great fivers you get to choose from.

Speaking of the "other" deal. I just cannot justify paying $20 for a single Gurkha. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:31 AM 07-01-2009
Originally Posted by shadow king:
I got my catalog this week too. I see they have 2 deals like this. Like you, I was tempted because of the great fivers you get to choose from.

Speaking of the "other" deal. I just cannot justify paying $20 for a single Gurkha. :-)
I could when I got a fiver of Carlos Torano Signature Series (one of my favorite smokes) for free!!!! the Gurkha can always be gifted to Bobby!!
[Reply]
shilala 08:40 AM 07-01-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
From the CI site:

Note: Originally, this deal was for a 2-pack of Padilla Series ’68 Limitado Oscuro Salomons. Unfortunately, this cigar is no mas, but we do have the standard Series ’68 Salomons available. The blend is the same, as the wrapper has been taken from a lower priming than the Oscuro, receiving less sun exposure during growth. Either way you slice it, it’s still a fantastic deal.
Yeah, it would have been good of them to put that, and that picture in the catalog, being as it arrived yesterday morning and that's what I ordered from.
You should see the pic of that Oscuro Limtada in the catalog. :-)
I used to smoke 68 robustos, they were one of my faves. I belive they were corojo wrappers. All I know is that the Oscuro's what sealed the deal. The five packs that went with them were awesome. Made the deal a no brainer.
Then if I ordered ten IT Super Fuerte's for 20 bucks I got free shipping.
That made them 14 bucks for ten. Also an excellent deal.
[Reply]
shilala 11:24 AM 07-01-2009
I checked on the 68's. The robustos I have are corojo wrappers as well.
A 68 torp is a $6.00 cigar.
A '68 corojo salamone might be a $7.00 cigar.
Granted, the 68 is awesome. With an Oscuro wrapper, I bet it would be incredible. That's why I ordered 20 of them.
Add the free fiver deal and it was an incredible deal. Probably still is even with the corojo wrapper.
I just don't have any need for them.
I wanted a bunch of the Padilla Artisans, too. So I had 20 oscuro 68's, 20 Habano Artisans, and 20 JJ Maduro robustos, and 10 IT Super Fuertes coming for 300 bucks.
That was a hella deal. Makes me wanna cry. :-)
[Reply]
Gophernut 02:28 PM 07-01-2009
I thought this was too good to be true. Thanks for the update!
[Reply]
shadow king 06:35 PM 07-01-2009
Those Sol Cubano Artisan Salomons are a $125 value. I never had those but for $25 maybe its a steal?
[Reply]
shilala 06:47 PM 07-01-2009
Those Sol Cubano Artisan Salomons are a $125 value. I never had those but for $25 maybe its a steal?
Did ya ever smoke one?
[Reply]
shadow king 07:04 PM 07-02-2009
I plead the 5th.
[Reply]
bookman 07:11 PM 07-02-2009
On principle I can't pay $20 for a Gurk, no matter HOW MANY "free" cigars I get.
[Reply]
bookman 07:13 PM 07-02-2009
Gurkha you aint bad. You aint nuthin!!!!!
[Reply]
sodomanaz 08:31 AM 07-03-2009
Sold out, really wanted to try. Did however do two of this deal to get 10 Ruination MoW for a decent price.
[Reply]
Mark C 07:56 PM 07-05-2009
I jumped on that deal too. Big Padilla fan, and figured the 5 packs made it a no brainer as well. Package showed up on the 1st and the Padillas were missing entirely. Only thing in the box was the 5-pack of 5 Vegas 2009 Limitada (I'm a 5 Vegas fan too), a box of matches, and a shipping invoice showing the 5-pack AND 2-pack Padilla. Called up CI, the customer rep mumbled something about "they were in the box when it left here" and mentioned filing a claim with UPS. They dropped a new box in the mail for me, but I went away for the weekend and my neighbor picked it up. I'm gonna be pissed if I open the box and find corojos instead of oscuros.
[Reply]
shilala 08:23 PM 07-05-2009
Originally Posted by Mark C:
I jumped on that deal too. Big Padilla fan, and figured the 5 packs made it a no brainer as well. Package showed up on the 1st and the Padillas were missing entirely. Only thing in the box was the 5-pack of 5 Vegas 2009 Limitada (I'm a 5 Vegas fan too), a box of matches, and a shipping invoice showing the 5-pack AND 2-pack Padilla. Called up CI, the customer rep mumbled something about "they were in the box when it left here" and mentioned filing a claim with UPS. They dropped a new box in the mail for me, but I went away for the weekend and my neighbor picked it up. I'm gonna be pissed if I open the box and find corojos instead of oscuros.
Get ready to pissed. :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:26 PM 07-05-2009
I was close to pulling the trigger on this. Sorry you had to be the one to get screwed, Scott.

MCS
[Reply]
TheBeard 08:30 PM 07-05-2009
I've smoked 2 Gurka cigars. Neither were bad, but both were overpriced.

Speaking of which... http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=456
[Reply]
borndead1 08:44 PM 07-05-2009
THANKS for the heads up. I was about to jump on this deal. What a bunch of horse puckey.
[Reply]
TheTraveler 09:20 PM 07-05-2009
My dad jumped on this deal to get me an early birthday present. He ordered 3 days ago - wonder if I'll get the oscuro or not? Any way to tell how quickly they "ran out" of the oscuro?

:-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:08 AM 07-06-2009
Originally Posted by TheTraveler:
My dad jumped on this deal to get me an early birthday present. He ordered 3 days ago - wonder if I'll get the oscuro or not? Any way to tell how quickly they "ran out" of the oscuro?

:-)
They didn't have any from the get-go.
The catalog was already done, and the cigars never materialized.
Sofaman got his in the mail a few days ago after he had called and cancelled his order.
They were corojo.
I think he's decided to keep the whole order.
They actually cancelled mine when I called and cancelled, no cigars showed up.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up