Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Rough car week!
akakirby 09:45 AM 06-03-2009
Sorry just need to vent a little..... monday morning flat tire, today Jeep overheated and is leaking antifreeze not to mention on top of that my wifes car needs brakes and rotors and has mystery noise......what a pain!

well thanks for listening to my problems..lol!

:-)
[Reply]
loki 09:48 AM 06-03-2009
my advise to you, threaten to smoke a gorilla finger in the car
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 09:51 AM 06-03-2009
Daniel, I hope it ends for you, as well as myself. Just got my car back yesterday, $560 later. Had to replace ignition coil packs, lifters and rocker arms. Grrrr...

Well, at least I don't have a car payment.
[Reply]
hotreds 09:52 AM 06-03-2009
I know how you feel, bro'! I had just had my oil changed on Friday, pulled out of the lot, and blew a break line. Yesterday my wife pulls out of a parking lot and blows a break line on her car! ARGH! Cars- can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em! Kinda like some other something!
[Reply]
jledou 09:55 AM 06-03-2009
Sounds familiar ... 1 month ago new tires, two weeks ago new breaks, 1 week ago wife runs over a kitchen knife someone throws out of the car in front of her and ruins new tire, guess what another new tire. To top it all off the oil filter was loose and done 2 quarts of oil. so far nothing this week ...........

Guess I am just glad that I could do my part to stimulate the economy......
[Reply]
akakirby 10:01 AM 06-03-2009
Wow looks like I am not the only one with car problems right now!
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 10:04 AM 06-03-2009
That bites, and the price of gas jumped .10 today :-)
[Reply]
LordOfWu 10:11 AM 06-03-2009
Thank goodness it's summertime...time to pump up the tires on the bike! :-)

Hope the rest of the week gives you a reprieve!
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:44 AM 06-03-2009
I know all about car troubles. Definately know what you are going through. Good luck with the rest of the week.
[Reply]
poker 10:45 AM 06-03-2009
You guys are lucky. My ride was in the shop since April 11th and I just got it back this past Friday.

Transmission (2005 BMW SMGII trans) would go out of gear for no apparent reason & when it rolled to a stop, it would go back to normal like magic.

It was finally diagnosed as the hydraulic actuator assembly, and was replaced.

You really don't want to know what that little out of warranty service gem cost me. :-)
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 11:20 AM 06-03-2009
Kelly, I saw your post on Facebook about that...
[Reply]
poker 11:57 AM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by csbrewfisher:
Kelly, I saw your post on Facebook about that...
The parts alone at the dealer (if I took it there) would have run me close to 9K. :-)
[Reply]
loki 12:00 PM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by poker:
The parts alone at the dealer (if I took it there) would have run me close to 9K. :-)
note to self never buy an out of warranty bmw
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:03 PM 06-03-2009
brakes and rotors can be done with the help of a car manual..if the noise is from the same area is might be the pads on the breaks wearing down and it's telling you it's time for a change.

car troubles do suck.
[Reply]
akakirby 12:22 PM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
brakes and rotors can be done with the help of a car manual..if the noise is from the same area is might be the pads on the breaks wearing down and it's telling you it's time for a change.

car troubles do suck.
thanks, yes i plan on doing breaks and rotors myself, will probably fix the jeep myself and a friend, just have to figure out what the issue is, hard to do while i'm sitting here at work.
[Reply]
Junior 12:36 PM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by akakirby:
thanks, yes i plan on doing breaks and rotors myself, will probably fix the jeep myself and a friend, just have to figure out what the issue is, hard to do while i'm sitting here at work.
I had a Cherokee that would eat radiators for lunch. I went thru 3 in two years.

Sorry about the car trouble. At least you may be out of the woods for a while.
[Reply]
akakirby 02:00 PM 06-03-2009
pretty sure it the water pump upon further inspection
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:04 PM 06-03-2009
Hope you get "her" up and running Daniel!!
[Reply]
marge796 02:11 PM 06-03-2009
When it rains it pours. Last month my wife's car had to go into the shop & then we had to replace 120 ft of sewer line and when they dug up the dirt around my house I found out we needed foundation work done too. I know your pain.

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
BigFrank 07:35 PM 06-03-2009
I feel your pain on this one. My GF dropped a bomb on me this week. She needs 5 ( full size spare ) tires, starter and a new battery.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up