Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>illusione cg:4
Savor the Stick 05:22 PM 05-19-2009
17May09 11:15a-12:10p---55 minutes

5½X50 Dark chocolatly look to the wrapper, heavy, dense packing of leaves 1 stem visible.
Easy cut and draw to this cigar.
ImageImageImage
I like chocolate chip cookies…just a little over done. You know when the edges are just starting to look burnt. For me it seems to bring out the chocolate and vanilla perfectly.

This cigar had a difficult taste to describe, there was that chocolate chip cookie, dark roasted nuts, nutmeg, vanilla, and a rich leathery flavor.
Pleasant smelling smoke, razor sharp burn, tight dense ash that fell at 1¼” leaving a cone shaped coal.

I’m getting lots of creamy smoke—with a creamy flavor starting to build with spicy tones. Creamy flavor coating my palate w/ a bit of spice mixing in. NICE!
I find it difficult to keep from smoking this to fast. I have to keep looking at my watch to time my tasting. :-)
Conclusion: Spice never gets over powering, chocolate, cream, spice, some vanilla flavors.
Premium NC—The finish is long creamy, chocolate with spice building near the end.

[Reply]
Catfish 05:55 PM 05-19-2009
Awesome review. Top shelf. Can't wait to try one. I had bought one at Corona this weekend. Don Fernando sitting next to me at the Tulip Twin Orlando HERF II let it be known he liked em. The little thing just flat jumped out of my travel humi and landed in his shirt pocket. To which it died a slow, burning death much to Don Fernando's and my delight watching him smoke that little puppy.
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:00 PM 05-19-2009
The cg:4's are awesome!
[Reply]
Starchild 06:00 PM 05-19-2009
Great review! I just smoked my first one courtesy of Lensjockie. You nailed some of the flavors I couldn't place, especially the vanilla. I want to try one more before I pass final judgment.

Thanks for sharing :-)
[Reply]
colimo 06:05 PM 05-19-2009
looks good....may have to try one or two
[Reply]
bonjing 09:08 PM 05-19-2009
Nice review Kevin. I have to get my hands on more of these
[Reply]
GhostRyder 09:12 PM 05-19-2009
I want to try one of these sooo bad. I wish my B&M carried more of the smaller brands like Illusione. We needs Tats too. I feel left out of all the good stuff. Great review though, it made me want A) a cg:4 B) my mom's chocolate chip cookies.
[Reply]
tuxpuff 10:07 PM 05-19-2009
Great review thanks!
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:09 PM 05-19-2009
Sweet review!!!:-)

These are yummy!!!
:-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 06:01 AM 05-20-2009
I've seen that review somewhere before.... :-) :-)

Great review, glad you enjoyed it! Illusione is my favorite NC line, but they're more like a special occasion stick these days. Try the ~68~ if you get a chance--shorter, less expensive cigar but with all the flavor & kick of its bigger brothers.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 06:38 AM 05-20-2009
The CG:4 is the cream of the Illusione Crop imho... Great review, nice toothpick!
[Reply]
WyGuy 07:40 PM 06-19-2009
Smoking one of these right now, and have to say your review is spot on!

Great review!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
groogs 11:10 PM 06-19-2009
Nice review. These are not my favorite from the Illusione line, but they are tasty.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:44 AM 06-20-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
Awesome review. Top shelf. Can't wait to try one. I had bought one at Corona this weekend. Don Fernando sitting next to me at the Tulip Twin Orlando HERF II let it be known he liked em. The little thing just flat jumped out of my travel humi and landed in his shirt pocket. To which it died a slow, burning death much to Don Fernando's and my delight watching him smoke that little puppy.
You asked me if they were any good, that's when I said I liked them. I also tried to give it back but you started to cry like a little girl :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 05:13 AM 06-20-2009
Love this cigar. Buena Fortuna was the one that first introduced me to this line during a blind taste test. Now I pick one up every time I see 'em. I should just buy a box...
[Reply]
scooter 08:08 AM 06-20-2009
Thanks for the great review.
[Reply]
Footbag 08:09 AM 06-20-2009
Nice review. They are tasty!
[Reply]
Waynegro1 09:26 AM 06-20-2009
Great review and Pic's!! I only have two of these left, time to get more.
Who doesn't like "Chocolate Chip Cookies"?
[Reply]
Cigary 10:13 AM 06-20-2009
This cigar is just awesome and love it when I can get my hands on them. It is so good it smokes itself.
[Reply]
Wanger 09:02 PM 06-20-2009
This was the first Illusione I had, and it led me to have many more. :-) Love 'em.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up