Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>tried my first nub
rlaliberty 08:22 AM 10-18-2008
in the cameroon wrapper.

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

definitely a tasty cigar. i'll be going back for more soon! what other ones are good?
[Reply]
FrequenC 08:27 AM 10-18-2008
I have one of each wrapper coming that should be here next week (Hopefully :-)) and I'm looking forward to giving them all a proper voyage to Valhalla (That's where cigars go.....right?!?)

I've heard good things about all of them, but even more so for the Habano wrapper :-)
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 08:27 AM 10-18-2008
Definitely try the Connecticut Nub 460. I'm not a big fan of US Connecticut cigars, but the connie. nub is surprisingly good.
The habano is nothing special IMHO. :-)
[Reply]
FrequenC 08:36 AM 10-18-2008
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo:
Definitely try the Connecticut Nub 460. I'm not a big fan of US Connecticut cigars, but the connie. nub is surprisingly good.
The habano is nothing special IMHO. :-)
Just another reason why I love this hobby! Everybody has different tastes which keeps things interesting! :-)

Hopefully I'll enjoy at least one of the 3 different wrappers!
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:39 AM 10-18-2008
Originally Posted by rlaliberty:
in the cameroon wrapper.

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

definitely a tasty cigar. i'll be going back for more soon! what other ones are good?
I actually am not a fan of their line but the Habanos Nub was actually a good smoke.
[Reply]
av8tor152d 08:42 AM 10-18-2008
Hve yet to try one but got a Habanos sitting int he vino, Maybe today
[Reply]
Langod 09:05 AM 10-18-2008
I had a Cameroon a couple of weeks ago. Definitely a good cigar, but I was disappointed in the complexity. It stayed the same through most of the smoke, and had a very uninspiring flavor profile. It was smooth and a decent cigar -- I just expected more from it I guess.
It was very spicy, I thought, especially at the beginning.
Sadly, it got quite bitter in the last 1/3, but that may have been me drawing on it too often.

I'd smoke one again as it wasn't bad, but I might another wrapper first.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:16 AM 10-18-2008
I hated the Habano, but really liked the Cameroon 358. My reveiw of it is in the review section.
[Reply]
barbourjay 09:30 AM 10-18-2008
Originally Posted by Langod:
I had a Cameroon a couple of weeks ago. Definitely a good cigar, but I was disappointed in the complexity. It stayed the same through most of the smoke, and had a very uninspiring flavor profile. It was smooth and a decent cigar -- I just expected more from it I guess.
It was very spicy, I thought, especially at the beginning.
Sadly, it got quite bitter in the last 1/3, but that may have been me drawing on it too often.

I'd smoke one again as it wasn't bad, but I might another wrapper first.
i had the same issue with it becoming bitter also.

i was gifted one of each and the con was the best to me. the habano was good but the con just seemed better.
[Reply]
Coz77 09:46 AM 10-18-2008
I have yet to try the nub...I dont think I can get past that huge RG
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:50 AM 10-18-2008
Originally Posted by Coz77:
I have yet to try the nub...I dont think I can get past that huge RG
It's just one of those things you have to try once..:-)
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 01:04 PM 10-18-2008
Originally Posted by FrequenC:
Just another reason why I love this hobby! Everybody has different tastes which keeps things interesting! :-)

Hopefully I'll enjoy at least one of the 3 different wrappers!
Definitely keeps things interesting that's for sure. Don't get me wrong on the Habanos though. They are nice smokes and somewhat Serie V-esque. It was the only one out of the line-up I bought a box of on launch day. I also have never touched it yet. The Conn. Nub was the only one that really stood out to me since I don't usually like Connecticuts.
Definitely try the entire line! There's also going to be a Nub Maduro I heard.
[Reply]
renton20 01:13 PM 10-18-2008
I was not a huge fan of the cameroon or the habano, but the conn really surprised me. Quite a nice mild, smooth, rich smoke. I was a fan, although due to the size I don't regularly keep them around.
[Reply]
FrequenC 10:38 AM 10-19-2008
[quote=FriskyDingo;18616 There's also going to be a Nub Maduro I heard.[/QUOTE]

Serious? That should be :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
LkyLindy 10:52 AM 10-19-2008
Habano wasn't bad

Not a big fan but you can really get one sona***** ash from that baby
Attached: nub (600 x 801).jpg (65.4 KB) 
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 11:20 AM 10-19-2008
I'm not a fan of them however I am curious about the idea of a maduro nub.
[Reply]
dunng 11:34 AM 10-19-2008
I thought it was fine but did not like the size / RG... :-)
[Reply]
G G 03:49 PM 10-19-2008
Have a habano that i been meaning to smoke, and just keep picking something else.:-)
[Reply]
troutbreath 07:36 PM 10-19-2008
I've tried all three, and the Cammy is my favorite. Tasty, but none of them are easy to smoke -- that's a lot of ring gauge.
[Reply]
dccraft 07:39 PM 10-19-2008
I enjoyed the only cameroon that I have tried.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up