Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>My day with 5 Vegas
dubnick 03:12 PM 04-30-2009
I will start out by saying that last week I smoked my first 5 Vegas, a Classic. I didn't care for it at all, was very bland.

So today I grabbed to smokes from the Humi, one for before work and one for after. On the way to work I torched a 5 Vegas Gold, and it was plugged. I fought the plug the whole way through and manged to get some decent smoke in the final third. I found this smoke average.

On the way home I was weary to smoke the Relic, but clipped both ends and lit 'er up. I LOVED it. Amazing flavors and clean burn. I tasted chocolate, nutmeg, coffee, and even burnt toast. My only complaint was a harsh burn after ashing, but I feel the great flavors outweighs the harshness after ashing. I am looking forward to smoking another Relic.

Congratulations Relic, You have saved 5 Vegas on my list. :-) :-)
[Reply]
tuxpuff 03:21 PM 04-30-2009
Cool...glad it saved 5Vegas for you. I don't know if it's the marketing and/or slick packaging...but I do want to try one of those.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 03:25 PM 04-30-2009
Good things you kept giving it chances!
[Reply]
kaelaria 03:27 PM 04-30-2009
Nice! I too wouldn't buy more Gold or Classics, but I will try a Relic now!
[Reply]
BigCat 03:36 PM 04-30-2009
I'd give the classics and golds another try if I were you. I find the classics a bit inconsistent, but when they are on, they make for a very nice smoke at a great price. I especially enjoy the churchills on the golf course. I have actually smoked a lot of golds and never had one plugged up. You probably just got a bad stick. They are pretty nice flavorful mild sticks. They are good for that occasional morning smoke. As for the relics, I've got a 5 pack resting, so I am happy to hear you liked them so much. One will meet a firey death soon for me. :-)
[Reply]
dubnick 04:04 PM 04-30-2009
I will more than likely give them another try. I picked up a fiver of each so I'll eventually get to them again.
[Reply]
AD720 04:06 PM 04-30-2009
I keep going back to this Marca. I like the classics a lot, the golds still get some action when I'm wanting something smooth and mellow and the A's are a pretty good maduro. I especially like the Miamis.
[Reply]
dubnick 06:04 PM 04-30-2009
I'm going to try some of the other sticks from 5 Vegas... Expanding my horizons and Deflating my wallet one day at a time.
[Reply]
Whee 06:07 PM 04-30-2009
The Classic is always hit and miss for me. The Gold's are a fine first smoke of the day stick. The A and Miami's have got nice flavor profiles. Haven't had the Relic, Cask Strength or Limitadas. although I do have some of those napping in the cooler.

They are good sticks for the price.:-)
[Reply]
dubnick 06:11 PM 04-30-2009
Agreed as far as value. Personally, the flavor profile of the Relic was dead on to my tastes.
[Reply]
Whee 06:18 PM 04-30-2009
An addy will get you a few A's and Miami's:-)
[Reply]
dubnick 06:21 PM 04-30-2009
Who Me???
[Reply]
blugill 06:28 PM 04-30-2009
Miami's and A's are great! Want to try a Relic for sure!
Gold's are ok.
[Reply]
Whee 07:38 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by dubnick:
Who Me???
:-)

First rule of Fight Club, never give out your address voluntarily....

All this 5 Vegas talk has made me dig out an A Alpha(torp)
[Reply]
Boobar 08:12 AM 05-01-2009
Originally Posted by kaelaria:
Nice! I too wouldn't buy more Gold or Classics, but I will try a Relic now!
Just the opposite for me, I really like the Classics and the Golds but I have had several Relics and they do nothing for me. The A's will always be my favorites though.
[Reply]
dubnick 02:50 PM 05-01-2009
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
:-)

First rule of Fight Club, never give out your address voluntarily....

All this 5 Vegas talk has made me dig out an A Alpha(torp)
If you break the rules while already committed, where do they send you???:-)
[Reply]
mojo65 03:01 PM 05-01-2009
Originally Posted by dubnick:
If you break the rules while already committed, where do they send you???:-)
The Cremosa Solitary Hole.....:-)
[Reply]
dubnick 03:02 PM 05-01-2009
Ok, I'll behave
[Reply]
Rockestone 03:18 PM 05-01-2009
The Golds are great with coffee in the mornings.:-)

I'll have to try one of the Relics.
[Reply]
dubnick 03:29 PM 05-01-2009
If I recall correctly, I did pick up a hint of coffee in the Gold.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up