Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>No cigar is off limits this weekend for me!
SixPackSunday 02:43 PM 04-25-2009
Tonight four of my closeset brothers in my fraternity back at U of Cinci are coming by to visit after hitting up Dark Lord Day all day today. They'll be here in about 4-5 hours and will be staying until sometime tomorrow, no clue how long.

Anyway all of them are avid cigar smokers and this is a visit that means the world to me.

So nothing, and I mean NOTHING is off limits for these guys in my humidor tonight. I already have a few special cigars to gift to each of them when they get here and figure we'll puff puff pass some rare stuff. BBMF, 70's upmann, forbidden X, whatever. I know theres nothing crazy rare in there like gran reservas or behikes, but yea... for these guys, I can always replace the cigar, its worth the memories.

pictures will surely come at some point over the next day or two.

Anybody who wants to 'celebrate' with us feel free to fire up something spectacular tonight.
[Reply]
14holestogie 02:53 PM 04-25-2009
A cigar's a cigar, but a cigar with friends is a memory. :-)
[Reply]
poriggity 03:02 PM 04-25-2009
Gotta love it.. I am really wanting to go fire up a few sticks with buds tonight, but don't know if I should. Wife might kill me.
Scott
[Reply]
G G 03:05 PM 04-25-2009
Sounds like a fine time shaping up for yall Logan.
[Reply]
SixPackSunday 03:08 PM 04-25-2009
indeed... I havnt been this excited about anything since I was asked to judge a wet t-shirt contest last year :-)

While I am currently on a self imposed no drinking period, that may very well take a hiatus since these guys are heading straight from one of the biggest beer fests in the nation! If they come home with anything like we did last year.... well yea... I'll be drinking!

Just picked up a few pounds of hamburger meat as well, I'll fire up the grill when they get close because I know theyre going to need food.
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:24 PM 04-25-2009
What the heck is Dark Lord Day?
[Reply]
shortstory5 04:30 PM 04-25-2009
Awesome Logan. Don't forget to save some for me!! Hahahahaha. Have fun brother!
[Reply]
Bax 04:44 PM 04-25-2009
This is why you hord cigars all your life, to get a chance to pass them out! Enjoy! :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:15 PM 04-25-2009
Originally Posted by SixPackSunday:
Tonight four of my closeset brothers in my fraternity back at U of Cinci are coming by to visit after hitting up Dark Lord Day all day today. They'll be here in about 4-5 hours and will be staying until sometime tomorrow, no clue how long.

Anyway all of them are avid cigar smokers and this is a visit that means the world to me.

So nothing, and I mean NOTHING is off limits for these guys in my humidor tonight. I already have a few special cigars to gift to each of them when they get here and figure we'll puff puff pass some rare stuff. BBMF, 70's upmann, forbidden X, whatever. I know theres nothing crazy rare in there like gran reservas or behikes, but yea... for these guys, I can always replace the cigar, its worth the memories.

pictures will surely come at some point over the next day or two.

Anybody who wants to 'celebrate' with us feel free to fire up something spectacular tonight.
No cigar is sacred in my humidor Logan :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 05:22 PM 04-25-2009
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
A cigar's a cigar, but a cigar with friends is a memory. :-)
:-) That's what it's all about! Have a great time!
[Reply]
themoneycollector 05:23 PM 04-25-2009
Awesome, great company makes an even better cigar
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:51 PM 04-25-2009
Sounds like a great time...can I come? :-)
[Reply]
SixPackSunday 05:53 PM 04-25-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
Sounds like a great time...can I come? :-)
if you can make Indiana in 2 hours, YES!

Just got off the phone with them... I guess there is more coming than originally planned. WAHOO!
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:54 PM 04-25-2009
Originally Posted by SixPackSunday:
if you can make Indiana in 2 hours, YES!

Just got off the phone with them... I guess there is more coming than originally planned. WAHOO!
Nice..have fun. Oh and uh dont do anything I wouldnt do! :-)
[Reply]
darkninja67 08:06 PM 04-25-2009
Enjoy the time. BOTL are pretty generous it seems. Impressive group of people.
[Reply]
ucla695 08:28 PM 04-25-2009
Sounds like it's shaping up to be a great night! Enjoy the cigars and the camaraderie. :-)
[Reply]
skullnrose 09:26 PM 04-25-2009
Enjoy those smokes! Great friends, Great cigars, Great times.
[Reply]
JJG 09:45 PM 04-25-2009
go for the good stuff!

make us all jealous!
[Reply]
SixPackSunday 01:22 PM 04-26-2009
what a freaking night!

Smoked a ton of cigars, only one 'rare' cigar though, to my surprise. The Ramon Allones Pheonicia which was absolutely mind blowing.

here are the empty bottles I found this morning on the table

they ended up with a TON of Dark Lord. this is less than half of what they brought, and even that was less than a 1/4 of the overall beer haul that they traded while they were there.

a bottle that they so kindly gifted to me

my favorite pairing of the night. This bottle was over a year old and had aged so much in even a year that it blew away the fresh release that I had of it.
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:28 PM 04-26-2009
Looks like a great and tasty evening Logan :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up