Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Worst. Cigar. Ever.
random0813 04:53 PM 04-22-2009
Well maybe the title was misleading....but worst smoking experience in my young career. Beautiful 65 degree early evening...slightly overcast...just finished a fat steak and onions fresh off the grill. Wife is off at school, so I figure it is the perfect time to light up. Reach into the cooler and dig out a RP Sungrown I have been looking forward to trying. Fire up the laptop and get about 20 minutes into what was turning into a fine smoke while watching "Full Metal Jacket..." A couple of small drops of water fall from the Gods...and then...."WHOOSH." Complete wash out. Cigar: Wrecked. Laptop: Soaked. Me: Pissed.

Damn you April Showers!!!

Anyway...sorry to whine...just thought I would vent to some people who would understand my pain rather than my wife who would just frown and shrug.
[Reply]
AllOGistics 05:05 PM 04-22-2009
So we should take your "just in from the storm" user title literally. :-)

Seriously, I hate that. I've had unexpected weather mess up a relaxing smoke a number of times. There's always another day and another smoke. :-)
[Reply]
huero71 06:25 PM 04-22-2009
[quote=AllOGistics;350583]So we should take your "just in from the storm" user title literally. :-)

:-)
[Reply]
troutbreath 07:05 PM 04-22-2009
That sucks. Steak sounds good, though. Doubt I'll have one of those for a while.
[Reply]
BillyCigars 08:05 PM 04-22-2009
I feel your pain - well, not the laptop part!

I had a similar thing happen to me about a year back. I promised myself that after I got my Audi, I wouldn't smoke inside the car but after I happened to have a large shipment of Davidoffs come in, I was looking for an opportunity to get out of the house and find a spot to enjoy one.

I found myself driving along the water on what was turned out to be a beautiful day so I decided to park, and look out on the water. I looked lovingly at the Davidoff Special R that I brought along and figured that I might be able to get around my "rule" if I dropped the windows and opened the sunroof.

I'm about halfway through the Davidoff, enjoying every molecule of it, when looking out on the water, I saw the adjacent city dissappear in a wall of clouds. I figured it to be fog but after a minute or so, I saw sheets of heavy rain approach.

Total washout! So up go the windows, and alas - I'm smoking in my car with the windows up! I've been doing almost every day since...:-)
[Reply]
JJG 08:06 PM 04-22-2009
never gotten soaked but there's been more than a few times when I brought the laptop out to the backyard, fired up a nice cigar and...sprinkles. At the time I didn't really have much of a porch either. so I couldn't stand by the front door. There was literally 10 inches or so of an overhang I could hide under but it was by no means comfortable. rain=good time ruined 100% of the time.
[Reply]
lightning9191 08:09 PM 04-22-2009
That's a bummer! Gotta watch those weather reports:-)
[Reply]
alley00p 08:13 PM 04-22-2009
I feel your pain, Jim!!! :-)

:-)
[Reply]
jwintosh 08:17 PM 04-22-2009
bummer... mine was total operatoar error,,,, beautiful sunday morning, carafe of great coffee, phenomenal cigar, and a jaccuzi. bet you guessed what happened about half-way through the smoke....
[Reply]
ca21455 08:21 PM 04-22-2009
All us poor slobs relegated to outdoor smoking feel your pain. Just got done mowing the lawn, first nice sunny day in awhile. Sat on the porch in shorts and tee to enjoy a smoke and the sun went down and froze my butt off.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:25 PM 04-22-2009
Hope your luck turns around. Is the laptop okay?
[Reply]
Jimbo14 11:16 PM 04-22-2009
Bad luck about the weather! I hope your laptop will be okay!!!
[Reply]
shortstory5 11:31 PM 04-22-2009
I feel your pain. That happened to me with a cojonu 2003 the other day..
[Reply]
gnukfu 03:48 AM 04-23-2009
I smoked a Swisher Sweet on a perfectly sunny summer day and that was my worst cigar ever.....:-)
[Reply]
adampc22 03:59 AM 04-23-2009
today i look at my humidor and see a padron sat there i think yes that will do my nicely the i look outside and by the looks of it is going to piss it down then i cry and say why oh why god to u forsake us british by giveing us 2 sunny days then 5 rainy days why oh why
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:17 AM 04-23-2009
Sorry to hear!!!

You're are so right about no sympathy from the wife... mine would never say, "Ah! Poor Baby!!!" more like "Ha Ha!!!" The shrug is even worse!

[Reply]
Scottw 07:17 AM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by random0813:
Well maybe the title was misleading....but worst smoking experience in my young career. Beautiful 65 degree early evening...slightly overcast...just finished a fat steak and onions fresh off the grill. Wife is off at school, so I figure it is the perfect time to light up. Reach into the cooler and dig out a RP Sungrown I have been looking forward to trying. Fire up the laptop and get about 20 minutes into what was turning into a fine smoke while watching "Full Metal Jacket..." A couple of small drops of water fall from the Gods...and then...."WHOOSH." Complete wash out. Cigar: Wrecked. Laptop: Soaked. Me: Pissed.

Damn you April Showers!!!

Anyway...sorry to whine...just thought I would vent to some people who would understand my pain rather than my wife who would just frown and shrug.
What a crappy experience. I hope your next stick is dynamite!
[Reply]
karmaz00 09:26 AM 04-23-2009
thats sucks man. hopefully the laptop is ok
[Reply]
random0813 07:25 PM 04-23-2009
Thanks for the sympathy folks...

All is well. The laptop is just fine and I had a fine Short Story to make up for it this evening.
[Reply]
tchariya 07:45 PM 04-23-2009
Get yourself a large fold-up patio umbrella and prop it up! Sit under it and enjoy the rain.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up