Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar in an Airplane?
mosesbotbol 08:42 AM 04-16-2009
Ever smoke a cigar in a plane?
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:44 AM 04-16-2009
Nope, didn't even think you could do that.

But Samuel L Jackson did smoke a couple snakes on a plane.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:45 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Nope, didn't even think you could do that.
:-)Unless you can afford your own plane :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 08:48 AM 04-16-2009
Not yet but when my plane gets back from the shop (horn is broken). I'll be sure to! :-)
[Reply]
marge796 09:08 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by Scottw:
Not yet but when my plane gets back from the shop (horn is broken). I'll be sure to! :-)
LMAO X3

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 09:17 AM 04-16-2009
we need someone really old, like pnoon, to chime in about the good old days flying on prop planes and smoking dunhills!

(i am SO just kidding!!!)
[Reply]
tobii3 09:20 AM 04-16-2009
Didn't AL smoke when he was flying his pet Pterodactyl???
[Reply]
N2Advnture 09:20 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by scottw:
not yet but when my plane gets back from the shop (horn is broken). I'll be sure to! :-)
roflmao!
[Reply]
replicant_argent 09:28 AM 04-16-2009
Yeah, on my Dassault Falcon 7X. I sip my rare and fine beverages, partake of my oh so very rare and aged Cuban stock, (that you plebians can't afford) and look haughtily down upon those less fortunate while on my way to the Monaco GP.

:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 09:33 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Yeah, on my Dassault Falcon 7X. I sip my rare and fine beverages, partake of my oh so very rare and aged Cuban stock, (that you plebians can't afford) and look haughtily down upon those less fortunate while on my way to the Monaco GP.
:-)
And read your Cigar Aficionado!
[Reply]
replicant_argent 09:33 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by Scottw:
I will be sure to "look for finger" then.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 09:34 AM 04-16-2009
Never smoked on a plane but did see...

[Reply]
hotreds 09:38 AM 04-16-2009
My friend has a plane, but doesn't smoke on it(even tho he is a cigar smoker) just to avoid the smell and chance of ashes making a mess. Remember, we're not cigarette smokers, we're not addicted! You don't see us huddled at the corner of a building in sub freezing temperatures to get our nicotine fix!

Maybe in the real early days one could smoke stogies on the big planes, but, like most places, it was cigs only in the 70s- no cigars or pipes.
[Reply]
Starchild 09:39 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Ever smoke a cigar in a plane?
Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

This thread just made that pop into my head :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 09:41 AM 04-16-2009
Jimmy, has Scraps ever grabbed onto your leg and rubbed up and down?
[Reply]
sodomanaz 09:44 AM 04-16-2009
I believe up until a few years ago, you could still smoke on Saudi Airlines. At least that is what some British tourists told me in Indonesia.
[Reply]
croatan 09:45 AM 04-16-2009
When I was a kid, I remember my grandfather smoking cigars in his planes--not commercially, though.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 09:46 AM 04-16-2009
The Good old days.

Now a days.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:10 AM 04-16-2009
Everyone has probably read the story about Danny DeVito from CA:

Originally Posted by :
"I was flying to Europe right after we finished The War of the Roses. It was an all-night flight. We had a great meal and they were going to pour some Port and I had a stogie with me and there were only a handful of people in first class. I had had a couple of drinks and I was with friends and I was feeling good. It was just the perfect time for a nice stogie. The flight attendants had been real friendly, so I said, 'Boy, I would really love to fire up now.' They said, 'You really can't.' I asked why not. They said the passengers would be really upset. I said, 'What if I asked every passenger on the plane--first class, coach, everyone--if they minded?' One of the flight attendants said, 'Well, OK, if you get everyone's permission.'

"I got up and walked the full length of the plane and said hello to everyone who was awake and asked if I could smoke. Everyone said OK. But there was one guy in the back of the first-class cabin who said, 'There is no way you are going to light up a cigar on this airplane' "--DeVito smiles his slyly malevolent movie smile--"'unless you give me one.'"
I love this story! :-)
[Reply]
N2Advnture 11:17 AM 04-16-2009
I've never smoked on an airplane but I'll be smoking when Klugsy takes me up in his private helicopter at the Shack Herf. :-)

~Mark
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up