Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Rocky Patel,friend or foe?
SmokinApe 07:26 PM 04-15-2009
What say you? Some love him some hate him...

Me? I haven't smoked one in some time... But I use love them...

"You can't go wrong with a Patel."
"Too many inconsistent blends."
"Great construction!"
"Too much hype."

Comments that I hear...

:-)
[Reply]
JPH 07:29 PM 04-15-2009
Once upon a time I liked the RP sungrown... no others though.
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:35 PM 04-15-2009
RP the Edge Sumatra and Maduro (the only RP's i like to date) have flawless construction in my opinion and i am always satisfied with those cigars.
[Reply]
Dukeuni 07:35 PM 04-15-2009
I really cannot say that I would ever say RP is a "foe" or that I "hate him". This guy works his butt off for his brand, and I think he increases the hobby as a whole with his passion. Now, do I enjoy his cigars?- Not too much, but heck, I have only had a few. In the end, I respect the man and the work he puts into his job and the passion he shows for it
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 07:36 PM 04-15-2009
I have enjoyed the RPs I have had, love the Vintage 90 and 92!
[Reply]
Nabinger16 07:37 PM 04-15-2009
I really like the Decades and the Old World Reserve Maduros. The Vintage lines aren't bad either. I liked the first couple R4 maddies I smoked, but they're not tasting so good any more.

All in all... I would say RP is a friend!
[Reply]
taltos 07:37 PM 04-15-2009
He has some great blends and so does Pepin. You need to smoke what you like and smoke what you like. I like a whole bunch of the stuff that Rocky blends and smoke a bunch of them but I prefer the blends coming out of Oliva. Both Rocky and Pepin create more new blends than there are whores in New York City Times Square but their good ones are worth smoking. I suggest the Vintage series and the Edge series for Rocky and the Black and Blue for Pepin.:-)
[Reply]
mikeandshellie2 07:38 PM 04-15-2009
I love the RP sumatra and the double maduro fusion. :-)
[Reply]
Clampdown 07:43 PM 04-15-2009
I couldn't care less about the man. I did enjoy the OWR and the Decades, but haven't had one in a long time and have no interest to go back. Im just waiting for when he comes out with his Monday thru Sunday blend cigars.
[Reply]
TBone 07:52 PM 04-15-2009
I love the vintage 90's not so much with the 92's. I have a RP Edge I haven't tried yet but hold high hopes.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:55 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by Dukeuni:
I really cannot say that I would ever say RP is a "foe" or that I "hate him". This guy works his butt off for his brand, and I think he increases the hobby as a whole with his passion. Now, do I enjoy his cigars?- Not too much, but heck, I have only had a few. In the end, I respect the man and the work he puts into his job and the passion he shows for it
Well said.

I'm an RP fan, but to each his own.

Didn't we beat this discussion to death over in the jungle?
[Reply]
Boobar 07:56 PM 04-15-2009
I like the Vintage 1990's and the Edge Maduro's and I always keep a couple of each on hand. The others that I have had don't do that much for me.
[Reply]
Clampdown 08:10 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Well said.

This is a different place, and some different members. If we went this mode of thinking then there wouldn't be much to talk about. We left a vast amount of information there, and its always nice to go back and visit various discussions. Unless they involved "cello or no cello", "should I rotate my cigars," or anything to do with Macanudos.
[Reply]
lightning9191 08:16 PM 04-15-2009
I've had a handful of his blends and found none of them amazing, but they aren't bad. I usually keep some '92 Vintages around.
[Reply]
rharris 08:16 PM 04-15-2009
I likey the edge corojo,the sungrown in the petit corona size (the bigger sizes not so much).I also like the O.W.R and the decade.Heck,I even like the C.I.legend R.P.s. I have met Rocky a few times at different events and he really seems like a genuine person.Plus he was nice to the wife which earns him big points in my book.
[Reply]
smokin5 08:47 PM 04-15-2009
Really like the Vintage 1990's.
And the Edge. Regular or Lite.
Other than that, I can't recall an RP I've enjoyed.

Just my humble opinion, of course.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 08:51 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by rharris:
I likey the edge corojo,the sungrown in the petit corona size (the bigger sizes not so much).I also like the O.W.R and the decade.Heck,I even like the C.I.legend R.P.s. I have met Rocky a few times at different events and he really seems like a genuine person.Plus he was nice to the wife which earns him big points in my book.
I really thought I was crazy for only liking the SG in the PC size. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:02 PM 04-15-2009
I even like RP's $h!tty sticks, like Esteban Carrera Maduro and Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 09:13 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Well said.

LOL, you beat me to it! I would post the thread but dont want to get banned here haha.

And to answer your question - FAN of the man, helping us build up the community, I am all for it though I have my personal feelings about some of the new cigars.
[Reply]
acarr 09:36 PM 04-15-2009
I like the decade and vintage but I never think to buy any because the name has really turned me off. There is one for every day of the year:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up