Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Ever get a divorce?
Hardcz 10:07 AM 04-14-2009
Well I just did. And I must say, after going through everything. Yea it sucks... though worth every penny. If you make a mistake or whatever... better to get going why the going's good!

WOOOT!!!! Drinkin and smoking at Fuse tonight for anyone who's showing up... it's in Rochester MI...

Just gotta figure out what to smoke now.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 10:10 AM 04-14-2009
Wish I could be there to celebrate with you man, smoke a great one for me Dan. Congrats with the big D.
[Reply]
ahc4353 10:12 AM 04-14-2009
Best wishes on your life going forward Dan.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:18 AM 04-14-2009
Good luck from here on out. I am in the process also.
[Reply]
stitch 10:21 AM 04-14-2009
I've done it twice over the years,
Wifey and I have an agreement that she will shoot me rather than go through another.
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:27 AM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
Well I just did. And I must say, after going through everything. Yea it sucks... though worth every penny. If you make a mistake or whatever... better to get going why the going's good!

WOOOT!!!! Drinkin and smoking at Fuse tonight for anyone who's showing up... it's in Rochester MI...

Just gotta figure out what to smoke now.
You better smoke that darn Monte I sent you :-) :-)
[Reply]
smokin5 10:34 AM 04-14-2009
"Divorce is expensive. Freedom is priceless."
- a sign I hang in my law office.

"I tried to drown my sorrows, but my (wife/husband) learned to swim."
- a sign I thought better not to hang in the office.
:-)
[Reply]
Waynegro1 10:34 AM 04-14-2009
Glad things are finished for your sake. I know it's been a tough, long road and I'm glad you made it through. While I've never been divorced, I know many that have. The thing that they always tell me is..take care of the kids (daughter in your case). When you have children, you have a life-long relationship with their mother (or father) whether you like it or not. It's a tough and confusing time for the kidos, and they need their parents more than ever (during a divorce and after). I know that has been the hardest part for you throughout this. You're a stand-up guy and a great parent and in the end that's all that matters.
Congrats on the "gettin' out when the gettin' was good", Dan. Wish I could smoke a celebratory smoke with you.
[Reply]
tobii3 10:52 AM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by stitch:
I've done it twice over the years,
Wifey and I have an agreement that she will shoot me rather than go through another.
I think our wives are related.:-)
[Reply]
Wanger 10:55 AM 04-14-2009
Been through a divorce once myself. Thankfully no kids with her. I understand the sentiment that Dan has in all of this. The time that it takes to go through everything is not fun. And even when you start out trying to keep it "clean", it will go bad. At least mine did. yes, having a child connects you to the person "forever". You don't have to like your former partner, but I would say that you should at least attempt to be civil to them in front of the kids. Make your arguments private and not in front of the kids. It will only make them feel like they have to choose.

That being said, congrats on finally getting it over with, Dan. Celebrate tonight and move on.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:06 AM 04-14-2009
I'm glad that this painful period is starting to get behind you, Dan. My separation & divorce about 12 years ago marked some of the darkest days of my life. Not easy with children (mine were 8 & 3 at the time,) but my ex- & I struggled through our differences and life with the kids steadily improved. Found myself remarried a few years later and now, 7 years in to my second & last wife, life is great and my relationship with my children is better than ever.

I can empathize with the struggles you've gone through and wish for you a bright beginning and all the best. Would love to herf with you in celebration tonight, but I'll light one in your honor down here instead.

Take care, brother!

Gerard
[Reply]
DPD6030 11:15 AM 04-14-2009
Dan,
I know you talked with me somewhat on the issues and you know I went through some of the same. I know how you feel about things and your ex. Like many have echo'd here you may not like your ex and your ex may not like you but be civil in front of your daughter. It has been so so much better with my ex and I as we are civil with one another and can get along for our son's sake. It will get better especially when you both move on in your lives and not being part of the life that you "had" together.

Smoke a great stick tonight.
[Reply]
Hardcz 12:17 PM 04-14-2009
Thanks for the support everyone.

My daughter is 1.5 yrs old. I'm planning on keeping things social between her mother and I, buy her mothers day presents she can give her etc... never talk bad about the ex in front of her, and at all if I can help it. Mostly I'm just so happy I don't have to spend my life with the ex... sooo happy
[Reply]
Whee 12:21 PM 04-14-2009
Been there, done that twice.:-)

Bachelor life suits me fine.:-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 12:28 PM 04-14-2009
If I hadn't divorced wife number 1, I never would have met and married wife number 2.

Two of the smarter things I've done. :-)

Hang in there, you're past the tough part. It gets a lot better from here on out. :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 12:29 PM 04-14-2009
Still married to the same woman, but have lived through it as a child and can echo what the others are saying. Keep the connection with the kids and keep the turmoil out of their sight. It allows you to share in those special moments still to come in your child's life that you won't want to miss.

Best of luck to you, Dan as you begin the next part of your life. :-)
[Reply]
cle_smoker 01:03 PM 04-14-2009
Divorced once, 10 years ago this year. Best thing that ever happened to me. Mine was from the high school sweetheart and it only lasted about 2.5 years. No kids, no fault divorce. It was rough at the time, but I went through it with friends that I'll never forget.

Good luck to your future.
[Reply]
hotreds 01:19 PM 04-14-2009
May the rest of your life be the best of your life!
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:30 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
If I hadn't divorced wife number 1, I never would have met and married wife number 2.

Hang in there, you're past the tough part. It gets a lot better from here on out. :-)
:-) Celebrate Dan!!!:-)
[Reply]
ChasDen 04:56 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:

That sums it up for me too !

Other than the fact had I just ran the x over with a car I would have been out of jail by now and never had to deal with her again.....

Just kidding ..... Sort of :-)

Chas
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up