Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>CAO Brazilia Samba
Mr Edmundo 04:34 PM 03-25-2009
I've tried a few CAOs and have not liked them. The best one up to now for me was the Mx2, but even that was unremarkable to me. So last night I decided to try the Brazilia. There seems to be so much hype about it, but I wasn't expecting much.
The cigar looks great. Beautiful dark maduro wrapper. Even the bright label looked good on it. Trying to get something from the smell, but nothing at all! I cut the tip and sniffed here. A slight hint of something familiar. Oh yeah....pooh. Pre light draw I sensed a bit of spice.
Now I'm really expecting to be underwhelmed.
I light her up. First few draws... mild peppery spicy. But in a good way. A few more draws, still spice. Easy to nose exhale. Very mild. Not bad so far.
The pepper smooths out and fairly mild and smooth smoke. I start to think, ok, this is what the cigar is about? Another smooth but way too mild, boring smoke. After a few minutes I realize the cigar is evolving, into something deeper, richer. As I get passed the halfway point, I realize I've been enjoying this cigar. And it is now developed into a full blown med to full bodied cigar. The flavor intesifying the more you smoke. Not the leather and chocolate, but more a nutty, not heavy profile. Kind of distinct. But smooth throughout, right to the nub. And snorking was a pleasure throughout. Not many strong smokes that you can snork to the very end.
This one really blew me away. I guess there's something to the hype.
Forgot to add that what also added to make the experience was the excellent construction and burn. Didn't need to double puff to keep the burn going. Could leave it in the ashtray for some time and still just one puff it. Burn never went off. No distractions, you can leisurley take your sweet time and enjoy every draw.
I give it an 8.5 to a 9 and a solid #5 on Legend's scale. It's in my top 25 now.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:37 PM 03-25-2009
nice review:-)
[Reply]
Nabinger16 04:52 PM 03-25-2009
Very nice review. Thanks! :-):-)
[Reply]
Aladdin Sane 06:06 PM 03-25-2009
Great review Mr Edmundo :-) The Brazillia is the one CAO I love to this day! :-) :-)
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 06:51 PM 03-25-2009
nice review :-) I smoked one of these with ruthless boi and we really enjoyed it until the final third.Where things turned bitter and just had a taste that not even a DPG firecracker could get rid of.
[Reply]
eber 07:20 PM 03-25-2009
nice review, I have been meaning to try one of the Brazilias but I always get distracted :-)
[Reply]
BlackIrish 10:02 PM 03-25-2009
I'm not a big CAO fan, but I'm quite fond of the Brazilia.

Thanks for the review. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:38 PM 03-25-2009
Thanks for the review. I enjoyed the one I smoked.
[Reply]
Chompers 11:21 PM 03-30-2009
Nice review!
Smoking one now and I must say that I am really enjoying it so far!
This one is on the list for one my first box purchases..
[Reply]
darkninja67 06:46 AM 03-31-2009
Nice write up. Not a fan of CAOs but the Brazilia is the one I would want a box of.
[Reply]
icantbejon 07:10 AM 03-31-2009
I would also jump on the bandwagon of the MX2...mostly cause it's my go to cigar. I have had a few Brazilia's, but never have been blown away. I'm going to have to give it another try because I keep reading good things about them.
[Reply]
UPHOTO 07:02 PM 03-31-2009
My fav CAO for sure! This and the Criollo are great smokes from CAO
[Reply]
Waynegro1 07:04 PM 03-31-2009
Thanks for the review. I think the Brazilia is a fine cigar. Unlike a lot of folks I like the majority of CAO lines.
[Reply]
rMcSmokesAlot 10:30 PM 03-31-2009
I got one in my Humi, now I am excited to try it!
[Reply]
bookman 10:35 PM 03-31-2009
How do these compare to the CAO Italians? I've got both in my humi right now.
[Reply]
shortstory5 11:00 PM 03-31-2009
Nice review. It made my mouth water. Will be looking for them at the local this week.
[Reply]
Chompers 02:43 AM 04-01-2009
Originally Posted by bookman:
I'll smoke an Italian tomorrow for ya'..and me, haven't had one yet,lol.
I'll do my best to compare, still a newbie..
[Reply]
Throb 11:51 AM 04-01-2009
Brazillias were my favorites till I came here (actually till I came to CS) and discovered many others. I still have a few in my humi. I tried the other sizes (anaconda?? and Gol I believe) but they weren't as good. The Samba really lets the flavor through. Took me a good 1.5 hours to go through one.

I might have to torch one tonight!
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 12:00 PM 04-01-2009
Originally Posted by bookman:
I only have one Italian in the humi. I'm not sure if I've let it rest long enough. I'll check into it and maybe spark it up by this weekend.

Thanks for all the positive comments. :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 06:07 PM 04-01-2009
Nice Review. I like these alot too. I ya like em a little more spicy try the Pirhana size. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up