Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>Looking for free fat black pens from funeral homes
kzm007 03:22 AM 03-21-2009
I've got an inexplicable interest in the funerary/mortuary-related side of life; think it comes from being a writer and reflecting so much on the big questions.

The other part is, things just look great in black.

Anyway, could somebody in the know maybe help me out? I do a lot of writing, and I need a few solid thick pens to keep on hand. I'll be more than happy to foot the postage if you could.

Thanks for any considerations - Kegan
[Reply]
Snake Hips 11:25 PM 03-21-2009
I can't help you out, but I give this thread an award for Epic Thread Title...
[Reply]
SixPackSunday 11:26 PM 03-21-2009
Originally Posted by Snake Hips:
I can't help you out, but I give this thread an award for Epic Thread Title...
:-):-)
[Reply]
TripleF 07:44 AM 03-22-2009
So let me see if I have this request correct.

You want "fat" pens that write in black ink....................................with a funeral home logo on it?

If you just want fat pens that write in black.........I can definitely help you out.

:-)
[Reply]
Volt 08:05 AM 03-22-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
So let me see if I have this request correct.

You want "fat" pens that write in black ink....................................with a funeral home logo on it?

If you just want fat pens that write in black.........I can definitely help you out.

Who knew FFF had pens? :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 08:37 AM 03-22-2009
I thought we were only allowed crayons here in the asylum??
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:39 AM 03-22-2009
Haha. Kegan, you definitely know how to rile the inmates.

I wish I could help, but I'm not in that sort of business...lol.

Good Luck!
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:40 AM 03-22-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
I thought we were only allowed crayons here in the asylum??
No more crayons..too many people were eating the entire boxes

[Reply]
Starscream 09:52 AM 03-22-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:

Some of us got the crayons stuck up our noses too.
[Reply]
lightning9191 11:12 AM 03-22-2009
Did you try around town Kegan? I'm sure the funeral directors might be willing to give you a pen......it's like free advertising for them.....this is weird. Did you just think of this out of the blue or do you actually own one already?:-)
[Reply]
marge796 11:26 AM 03-22-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:

ROTFLMAO X2 great picture!

:-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
taltos 01:39 PM 03-22-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:

And other places :-) Seriously, a couple of members of my Legion post are funeral directors and I will ask them if they have the pens that you desire but I think that they use those hotel lobby pens with the chain on the end.
[Reply]
Savvy 01:51 PM 03-22-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:

Homer did it

[Reply]
shvictor 02:44 PM 03-22-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Who knew FFF had pens? :-)
Shocker :-)
[Reply]
kzm007 05:44 PM 03-22-2009
Gentleman lol I thank you. I liked the one I managed to get at my stepfather's funeral (whole bunch of moral issues there, but mom seemed to find it funny?) but it's going dead I'm afraid. I dunno, the death thing just interested me; I wanted to one day buy a casket early, and use it for a bookcase before I needed it - considered it an investment, really - stop staring like that :-)!

As for crayons, I dare someone here to judge me for eating something as delicious as mango-orange delight when I was three...exactly.

Thanks again for anyone who helps, and props to emjay for the title recognition :-)

Kegan the Curious Cadaver who Casually Collects Curious Concerning Cemeteries et Cetera.
[Reply]
s15driftking 05:49 PM 03-22-2009
What in the ......???
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:12 PM 03-22-2009
Originally Posted by kzm007:
I dunno, the death thing just interested me; I wanted to one day buy a casket early, and use it for a bookcase before I needed it - considered it an investment, really - stop staring like that :-)!
Actually, know someone who has done that and uses it as a coffee table. Its not as akward or odd as you may think, lots more people have done such a thing. No point in having to have someone buy a coffin for $1000+ for you and get no use out of besides burying it in dirt never to be seen again. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:26 PM 03-22-2009
Originally Posted by kzm007:
Kegan the Curious Cadaver who Casually Collects Curious Concerning Cemeteries et Cetera.
Nice use of alliteration. If only I could get my students to figure out the concept.
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Actually, know someone who has done that and uses it as a coffee table. Its not as akward or odd as you may think, lots more people have done such a thing. No point in having to have someone buy a coffin for $1000+ for you and get no use out of besides burying it in dirt never to be seen again. :-)
That's both cool and kinda wierd at the same time.
[Reply]
tunes 06:39 PM 03-22-2009
The nurses will be along shortly to show you to your room. :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 07:27 PM 03-22-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
What in the ......???

.... Can't beleive I actually just said that :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up