Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
General Discussion>Tattoo design feedback
ucubed 08:55 PM 03-19-2009
So I have this design for a tattoo. It's going across my back, probably right above my shoulder blades and it will be fairly big. I want some comments/feedback/critiques for you artists or for anyone else that has an opinion. Image

That is the basic design where the C X T will be bigger than the rest of the letters. The only color that I have planned is white in the Yin Yang and I'm open to suggestions. I plan on getting this done within the next month, before May and the sooner I get a finalized idea from everyone I'll take it to the artist.

Also I want to add the aum symbol, however I have no where to put it. I am thinking of taking out the gender symbol and putting it as an O, however I haven't the slightest idea how to make it so that it's simple. I was thinking it would be enclosed in a lotus flower (something similar to http://media.independent.com/img/pho.../30/Aum_05.jpg), however that will probably be a little bit too much for the whole design. Anyways, comment away!

P.S. It seems like some people can't make it out. It says coexist
[Reply]
piperman 09:14 PM 03-19-2009
Thats nice, I like it. coexist with religous symbols, for the most part, cool.
[Reply]
TheJ 10:06 PM 03-19-2009
I like it.

It's like this t-shirt

I've also seen it on bumper stickers.
[Reply]
lightning9191 10:23 PM 03-19-2009
That's pretty cool.....but I'd make each symbol a different color. I think the contrasting colors would make it pop a little more:-)
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 10:39 PM 03-19-2009
I think it looks cool.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:22 AM 03-20-2009
deff. a cool meaning and idea/message... but just think for a minute about how publicized and whored-out that design is. remember, tattoos last logner than most marriages.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:36 AM 03-20-2009
Originally Posted by ucubed:
Also I want to add the aum symbol, however I have no where to put it. I am thinking of taking out the gender symbol and putting it as an O, however I haven't the slightest idea how to make it so that it's simple.
I wouldn't do that, I like the idea of a gender sign in the 'coexist' theme, as men & women have to live next too eachother too.
[Reply]
loki 07:54 AM 03-20-2009
just make sure this is something you will want on your body forever. not something that 10 years later you're going to go "oh **** why'd i do this"
[Reply]
mmblz 08:14 AM 03-20-2009
how about this instead:

:-)
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 08:15 AM 03-20-2009
Do you have any other tats on your body? I think keeping them in gray and black tones would look great. :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 08:21 AM 03-20-2009
Gotta agree with mmblz!!! :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 08:36 AM 03-20-2009
My advice Kevin...don't do it.
[Reply]
Nabinger16 08:36 AM 03-20-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Gotta agree with mmblz!!! :-)
A little smiley is a bit drastic change from the original idea. :-)
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 08:38 AM 03-20-2009
Originally Posted by mmblz:
how about this instead:

I am a dork, I looked at this like 6 times think the image didn't load.:-)
[Reply]
mmblz 09:22 AM 03-20-2009
Originally Posted by Nabinger16:
A little smiley is a bit drastic change from the original idea. :-)
the smiley wasn't part of my "design"

i've made my joke, now I'll butt out of your thread - carry on!
[Reply]
Scottw 09:34 AM 03-20-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
:-) I wouldn't. It's cool today but are you going to be happy with it down the road.
[Reply]
JKim 09:54 AM 03-20-2009
Caution with using white... White washes out the first on me and looks blotchy. It's different with different people however.
[Reply]
marge796 10:00 AM 03-20-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
I agree buy some sticks or a new humidor. I would guess this won't be a cheap endeavor? But I do like the design.

Chris

[Reply]
ucubed 11:07 AM 03-20-2009
Its a that I liked when I saw the bumper sticker back in high school. I wanted the symbols before the shirt came out and its different anyways.

To those who say don't get one, its been something I've been wanting for a long time and I still want and I know all consequences of one. The message isn't going to change...ever, so why not having something that lasts.

This is going to be my first tattoo, and I have 100 dollars off certificate. As for the color, I think black and white will make it nicer then color. White should be ok on my skin, I've done some reasearch, but I'm going to talk to the artist anyways.

As for the gender symbol or aum. See I wanted soming more along the lines of an lgbt symbol, however I figured aum would be a bit better, I dunno.

Thanks everyone....MORE
[Reply]
rizzle 11:41 AM 03-20-2009
Originally Posted by mmblz:
i've made my suggestion, now I'll butt out of your thread - carry on!
Fixed. And :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up