Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>I got Stoned!
Andyman 01:06 PM 03-19-2009
Not back from pradise for more than 12 hours and I have to drive myself to the ER to find out I have a kidney stone! Thank God this did not happen on the plane back from Hawaii.. Doc says it should pass in 24-48 hours! I am such a wimp!! Carlos I am not sure how you do it!! :-)
[Reply]
tunes 01:15 PM 03-19-2009
Ouch!!!
[Reply]
marge796 01:22 PM 03-19-2009
Did you enjoy Hawaii? Sorry you had to return from paradise and have this happen, a co-worker of mine is going through the same thing. He’s not very happy right now, I hope you’re better off? Best of luck!

Chris….

:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 01:24 PM 03-19-2009
Thoughts and prayers sent. I know that sucks.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:26 PM 03-19-2009
I feel you pain, Andy....hope it passes quickly.
[Reply]
Andyman 01:31 PM 03-19-2009
hawaii was a blast. Our flight was cancelled (leaky plane) so we got to spend an extra day. They put us in the kauai Marriot resort!! Not a bad place to be stranded!

The pain has been off and on.. Just had an episode about 10 minutes ago. I thought I was going to pass out! hopefully they are few and far between.

A
Originally Posted by marge796:
Did you enjoy Hawaii? Sorry you had to return from paradise and have this happen, a co-worker of mine is going through the same thing. He’s not very happy right now, I hope you’re better off? Best of luck!

Chris….

:-)

[Reply]
Scottw 01:37 PM 03-19-2009
Hope it passes soon.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:38 PM 03-19-2009
Best of luck with this one, sound like its not so fun :-)
[Reply]
piperman 02:39 PM 03-19-2009
After a while you get use to them, I had three at once and they were all the size of grains of rice, that one wasn't to fun though, but I hope you pass them with no problem.
[Reply]
hotreds 02:48 PM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by tunes:
Ouch!!!
Mega dittos!
[Reply]
LordOfWu 02:53 PM 03-19-2009
I've had lots of them, biggest was 7mm (yep, read it and weep, cause I did!)

Drink lots and lots and lots of water...the more you drink the faster and easier (it's all relative) it will pass. I've used a heating pad before as well...not sure it helped, but my mind thought it did.

Hang in there, hope you are through it quickly!
[Reply]
Blueface 02:53 PM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by Andyman:
Not back from pradise for more than 12 hours and I have to drive myself to the ER to find out I have a kidney stone! Thank God this did not happen on the plane back from Hawaii.. Doc says it should pass in 24-48 hours! I am such a wimp!! Carlos I am not sure how you do it!! :-)
Man I feel for you.
I swear I bent over when I read this.
There is no such thing as a wimp when it comes to this crap. It hurts.

Drink tons of water and go as often as you can to urinate.
When and if you start feeling some burning in your groin area, you will be close to heaven's door and almost done.
That will be when you want to make sure you flush yourself more.
The tough pain is as it travels from the kidney to the bladder. That is some serious sensitive area.

WATER!!! Lots of it.
If you get into serious pain, screw what you doctor says about waiting 24 to 48 hours. Go back to the ER for some instant gratification via morphine shots. No need to be in continuous pain.
Did he send you anything for the pain?

Fill up the tub with hot water and sit in it for a while. Really helps.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:59 PM 03-19-2009
The pain has been off and on.. Just had an episode about 10 minutes ago. I thought I was going to pass out! hopefully they are few and far between.

A
I hope so.
After 15, they all vary so, so much.
However, you may be passing it or you may just have it moving around and go dormant for another day.
Did they tell you if it dropped from the kidney? If it did, hard to imagine not having constant tough pain and definitely no going back. That baby is on its way to being born.
[Reply]
yellowgoat 03:16 PM 03-19-2009
I had got one for Friday the 13th and didn't pass for 3 days. I know how you fee!

Lots of water and stay away from junk food for a while then only eat junk food once a week. All that pop and pizza big macs and crap will kill ya! I started eating better and stopped drinking sweet drinks. I'll treat myself once a week now with just a burger or a couple slices of pizza, But no more eating and drinking junk food like it's the last time I'll ever see food again!

And even after the stone is gone keep drinking water everyday! It flushes you out.
[Reply]
Blueface 03:24 PM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by yellowgoat:
I had got one for Friday the 13th and didn't pass for 3 days. I know how you fee!

Lots of water and stay away from junk food for a while then only eat junk food once a week. All that pop and pizza big macs and crap will kill ya! I started eating better and stopped drinking sweet drinks. I'll treat myself once a week now with just a burger or a couple slices of pizza, But no more eating and drinking junk food like it's the last time I'll ever see food again!

And even after the stone is gone keep drinking water everyday! It flushes you out.
The irony is that stones are generally two types.
In my case, Calcium Oxalate. The other type is Uric Acid.
Some of the healthiest foods known to man contribute to mine.
I can't have broccoli, brussel sprouts, tomatoes, anything ending in berries, and on and on.
So, junk food not always the cause unfortunately.
Best thing is to get the stone when you pass it and have it analyzed. They will tell you what causes it.

One thing is for sure, always drink lots of water, which I don't do enough of a good job with.

BTW, I said "I can't have", not to be confused with "I don't have". I love tomatoes.:-)
[Reply]
yellowgoat 03:47 PM 03-19-2009
Hmm...

Mine was caused by junk food, I'm a living poster boy on what junk food can do to a human! :-)

Never thought healthy food can do it as well. I guess one just has to find a balance.
[Reply]
CBI_2 07:12 PM 03-19-2009
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.
[Reply]
Andyman 08:02 PM 03-19-2009
They gave me Vico. It has been a quiet night..

Fingers crossed!
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I hope so.
After 15, they all vary so, so much.
However, you may be passing it or you may just have it moving around and go dormant for another day.
Did they tell you if it dropped from the kidney? If it did, hard to imagine not having constant tough pain and definitely no going back. That baby is on its way to being born.

[Reply]
Andyman 02:37 AM 03-20-2009
SOB!!

2 Vico and no relief..:-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:10 AM 03-20-2009
SOB!!

2 Vico and no relief..:-)
Sorry to hear this Andy...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2