Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>Check it out....
smitdavi 01:09 PM 03-18-2009
ChaseBriscoe.com

Been working on this for the past 5 months off and on. Just went live today. Wanted to get it out before the race season started. Tell me what you think, constructive criticism is welcome. This has been my first website building experience outside of me graduating college. Pretty pleased with it so far.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:16 PM 03-18-2009
Very cool David :-)

Wait, that kid is 14 years old :-)
[Reply]
Whee 01:17 PM 03-18-2009
Looks good what i can see. Work has blocked some of the images apparently, but not that nice shot on the main page.

:-):-)
[Reply]
G G 01:18 PM 03-18-2009
Very good job. Nice lookin site.:-)
[Reply]
ade06 01:52 PM 03-18-2009
Good looking site!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:53 PM 03-18-2009
looks good to me:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 01:57 PM 03-18-2009
:-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:10 PM 03-18-2009
Looks good..just two things David...

1)When I roll over a date nothing happens...I'll assume nothing is on the schedule yet?
2)"Contact Us" there is nothing on that page.

besides that..great job man. :-)
[Reply]
smitdavi 02:15 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Looks good..just two things David...

1)When I roll over a date nothing happens...I'll assume nothing is on the schedule yet?
2)"Contact Us" there is nothing on that page.

besides that..great job man. :-)
1) Gotta rollover Friday's which is when the races are lol :-)

2) Working on that...it's taking a little longer than I wanted.

Thanks for the compliments
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:16 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
1) Gotta rollover Friday's which is when the races are lol :-)

2) Working on that...it's taking a little longer than I wanted.

Thanks for the compliments
Hmmm..Maybe put the days that there are events in bold? Looks like a fun time...
[Reply]
marge796 02:25 PM 03-18-2009
Fine Job!

:-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 02:28 PM 03-18-2009
I got some weird formatting on the "Chase" page. Bio and Career were mashed over stuff. Same thing at the bottom of the "News" page. I'm using a Firefox variant.
[Reply]
smitdavi 02:50 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
I got some weird formatting on the "Chase" page. Bio and Career were mashed over stuff. Same thing at the bottom of the "News" page. I'm using a Firefox variant.
That's a new one to me. I'll have to take a look at it.

A couple things:

1. Can you guys see the info to the right of the sponsors logos on the "Sponsors" page?

2. Do you guys have a hard time exiting when viewing the single pictures?

Thanks for the feedback guys!
[Reply]
AllOGistics 03:02 PM 03-18-2009
I ran it through several browsers for testing and didn't find any problems. (Firefox, IE6, IE7, Opera, Iceweasel, SeaMonkey, and Safari)

It could be resolution related. David, what resolution are you using for development? I know that sometimes (since I use a higher resolution) spacing can be an issue if I'm not careful, particularly if I use something like lightbox to display images.
It looks good. The only suggestions I have would be preferential. Mugen's idea of bolding the event dates would help on the calendar. I think you did a good job! I can see the info to the right of the sponsors and exiting a photo isn't a problem.
[Reply]
smitdavi 03:06 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by AllOGistics:
I ran it through several browsers for testing and didn't find any problems. It could be resolution related. David, what resolution are you using for development? I know that sometimes (since I use a higher resolution) spacing can be an issue if I'm not careful, particularly if I use something like lightbox to display images.
It looks good. The only suggestions I have would be preferential. Mugen's idea of bolding the event dates would help on the calendar. I think you did a good job! I can see the info to the right of the sponsors and exiting a photo isn't a problem.
I had quite a headache with LigthBox. Do you know where you can find a good template? The "X" that was supposed to be on the displayed picture disappeared when I put all of my stuff into it. Not sure what happened. Ended up going into the Java and just deleting that part of the programming.

My screen resolution is 1280x854

You too had a good idea with the dates, hadn't really ever thought of that. I guess that's because I always know that the races are on Fridays or Saturdays. That's why you user test
[Reply]
AllOGistics 03:11 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
That's why you user test
For sure! Users can find problems in 30 seconds after you spent 3 hours trying to find problems.

Let me dig through some of my tools and see if I have any templates on hand or an easier way of doing it. I just moved all that stuff to another hard drive that's packed up, but I'll take a look and let you know what I find. :-)

As far as resolution, I use 1440x900, but I'll test as low as 1024. 1280x854 is usually ok for development though.
[Reply]
smitdavi 03:12 PM 03-18-2009
For sure! Users can find problems in 30 seconds after you spent 3 hours trying to find problems.

Let me dig through some of my tools and see if I have any templates on hand or an easier way of doing it. I just moved all that stuff to another hard drive that's packed up, but I'll take a look and let you know what I find. :-)
Thank you sir :-)
[Reply]
taltos 03:18 PM 03-18-2009
Minor spelling thing, in your first entry it should be bear vs bare. Looks like a good start overall.
[Reply]
AllOGistics 03:22 PM 03-18-2009
What OS do you use? I know some tools are OS specific. I may have one if I can find it, but it is Windows based. If I remember correctly, you don't have to use any code; it gives you a control panel to just add and subtract images. You just cut and paste a few lines of code in the webpage.
[Reply]
smitdavi 03:23 PM 03-18-2009
What OS do you use? I know some tools are OS specific. I may have one if I can find it, but it is Windows based. If I remember correctly, you don't have to use any code; it gives you a control panel to just add and subtract images. You just cut and paste a few lines of code in the webpage.
use a MAC OS
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up