Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Padilla Habano Burberry Perfecto
Nabinger16 03:16 PM 03-12-2009
What's the deal with these? Has anyone tried them? Do they burn worth a hoot? Is the fancy wrapper just another sales pitch, or are they going to be a collectors item one of these days?

I tried searching the Asylum for info but didn't have any luck.
[Reply]
Tripp 03:53 PM 03-12-2009
I just noticed these as well. I've had other crazily-wrapped smokes, which generally tend to burn pretty well. I love the Habano line, and am interested in picking some up... I'm bidding on a single that ends tomorrow on C-bid, so DON'T OUTBID ME and i'll let you know! :-)
[Reply]
Mark C 04:57 PM 03-12-2009
I saw them over at CS a few days ago. Tempted to buy, but I promised my wife I was done for the month...
[Reply]
Nabinger16 05:01 PM 03-12-2009
They were on the Jambalaya the other day, 10 for 49.99 and I almost bit on them. I just can't help but think gimmick. They're just too pretty to be cigars.
[Reply]
ronhoffman2 05:46 PM 03-12-2009
they look cool. i like Padilla's. barber poles usually don't burn right, but they are fun to smoke and cool to look at. I just ordered a 5er.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 05:52 PM 03-12-2009
Burberry? like the fashion house, Burberry???
[Reply]
Nabinger16 06:15 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
Burberry? like the fashion house, Burberry???
It's funny you mention that. I read somewhere that the fashion line had something to do with the name, but they're not officially licensed or anything.
[Reply]
ronhoffman2 06:31 PM 03-12-2009
i think the pattern just matches the Burberry design pattern. They do have a kick ass cologne though
[Reply]
ronhoffman2 06:35 PM 03-12-2009
Thanks to CohibaMan on Puff.com:

Los Angeles, March 10, 2009 – The British outfitter Burberry doesn’t have much to do with cigars.

Famous for its trench coat – introduced in 1914 – the venerable firm dates back to 1856 and created its iconic (and trademarked) Burberry Check pattern as a trench-coat lining in 1920. But now a pattern pretty close to the Burberry style is on a cigar!

The “Burberry Perfecto” is a special version of the popular Padilla Habano line made in Nicaragua that’s being manufactured for mega-retailer Cigars International of Bath, Pennsylvania. According to Cigars International president Keith Meier: “This started in our retail store, during a Padilla store event. Our guys asked Ernesto [Padilla] to make something unique to give away during events and something for promotions online from time to time. We got the first shipment recently.”

The normal Padilla Habano line features an all-Nicaraguan blend, with a rich Habano wrapper, offered in three sizes. But the Burberry Perfecto is a wild variation at 5 3/4 inches long by 54 ring gauge shaped like a small Salomon-style cigar, offered only (so far) in packs of five for $35.00. There are actually three different wrappers on the cigar, arranged in a criss-cross pattern to create the astounding Burberry-like effect. Meier reports it burns well, despite the unique construction.

Talk about unusual! It’s a sure conversation starter, but don’t smoke one in a Burberry showroom; it’s not a licensed product, but a nickname for an unbelievable work of the cigar maker’s art.

The picture on Cigars, Cigar Information and where to find Premium Cigars, Discounted Cigars and even Cheap Cigars - BURBERRY AND CIGARS?
[Reply]
shilala 07:35 PM 03-12-2009
Here's a really good link to the cigar at CigarCyclopedia.com.
I will absolutely get a fiver. I think they are probably he coolest gimmick cigar I've ever seen. I love the Habano, so it's pretty much a no-brainer. :-)
[Reply]
ronhoffman2 07:35 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Here's a really good link to the cigar at CigarCyclopedia.com.
I will absolutely get a fiver. I think they are probably he coolest gimmick cigar I've ever seen. I love the Habano, so it's pretty much a no-brainer. :-)
i already posted that link above. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 07:44 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by ronhoffman2:
i already posted that link above. :-)
I thought that was some kinda spam in your sig. :-)
[Reply]
Nabinger16 07:47 PM 03-12-2009
I had to bite... 35 bucks for 5 and the CI free shipping. What the hell, they look cool if nothing else!
[Reply]
adampc22 08:15 PM 03-12-2009
oh my god a chav cigar lol

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav)
[Reply]
themoneycollector 08:54 PM 03-12-2009
I saw those too and they caught my eye. I would have been all over them if I saw the 10 for $49.99 deal. Oh well, one of these days I'll get a pair or more.
[Reply]
adampc22 08:56 PM 03-12-2009
6 years ago before chavs started buying burberry hats thay cost 50 pounds lol now that thay buy them thay cost abot 50 pence on the market lol
[Reply]
Mark C 05:25 AM 03-13-2009
Y'all gotta stop bumping this thread to the top... makes my wallet wince... I sure do love the Habano line... and the Taboo Twist.... barber pole Habano? Must...resist....
[Reply]
stearns 06:59 AM 03-13-2009
if anyone buys a fiver or a 10-pack and wants to sell one, i'd love to have one in my humi to show off... i havta admit they are cool looking

stearns
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 07:11 AM 03-13-2009
Originally Posted by adampc22:

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav)
LMFAO!

seriously funny. but anyway, i'm a bit of a burberry ho for their cologne (brit is awesome) and i used to like the padilla habano before they changed their blend (i swear they did!) so i think i'll bite...

[edit] - how do you get the free shipping?
[Reply]
Kreth 07:48 AM 03-13-2009
Originally Posted by adampc22:
"Does my face look bovvered?" :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up